1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Another web site update

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Fat Fendered Ford
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Another web site update

Took a couple hours this morning to give my web site a little makeover. Check it out when you get a chance.

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Another web site update

Kevin,

The updates look good. I'm very interested in the details of how the body patches work out.

Old 02-01-2003, 06:13 PM
DS02F250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another web site update

Very nice, Kevin! Wish I had the know-how to create a website like that. Very nice job. Your '53 lucked out when it found its way to your home. I can tell you are going to do it up right. Would enjoy seeing your progress as it unfolds, and am hoping you stay inclined to keep us updated!

Were you able to salvage the 50th anniversary horn button? That looked like a piece of nostalgia that would really set the truck apart and make it all the more special.

Thanks for sharing your website; great job!!!

Daryl

Old 02-01-2003, 07:09 PM
dgb2002
Junior User
Another web site update

very nice, you have a nice 53.

grant
49 f1

Old 02-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Fat Fendered Ford
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another web site update

Yep, I have horn buttons from both trucks. Neither are perfect, though. They have some crazing in the plastic. I think that's what it's called - tiny cracks under the surface of the plastic. The leftover one would make a nice belt buckle!

The latest plan is to use my parts truck cab. I'll need to patch all four corners but the cowls aren't rusted out as bad. I'm hoping that will make it easier to use the Dennis Carpenter panels. I don't think the bends in the panel match quite right but since I won't have to use it above the first bend it may not be so bad. I've also come to the conlusion that the cowl access panel was only available on the '56. I got the rest of my F-Fun Hundred order that included a reproduction cowl reinforcement, the piece that fits behind the cowl where the front fender bolts on. It has a captive nut in the lowest mounting position.

The left rear cab corner will probably come out of my first truck since it appears to be good for some strange reason. Can't quite figure that one out. I'll know for sure when I take the wire brush to it. I'm still waiting on my right rear cab corner from Motor Haven.

My engine man says my 215 block looks good after the jet washing. He says it was bored .040 but I had documentation that says .060. If he's right I may not have to sleeve the cylinders since the max bore is .060. I'll have to doublecheck my manual to be sure. I'd hate to end up in the water jacket. I already tried to pull part of the block out messing around with the filter plate. Don't need to press my luck.

Old 02-01-2003, 09:08 PM
jeffh
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another web site update

Nice site, Kevin -- very clean and easy to read. Oh, nice truck too!

Old 02-02-2003, 02:40 PM
Kai
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Another web site update

Hey Kevin, ... this is one cool web site. Keep going.

Old 02-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Kenny
Cargo Master
Another web site update

Hi Kevin,
Great job on the site!
I'm looking foward to following the progress of your nice truck.