1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Location of Park assist Module (PAM)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Silly idea but I would like to have a setup for the front bumper.
Damm Honda cars disappear under the front bumper so very easy.
I have yet to crunch one..........yet

Sean
I've wondered putting the Ford tailgate emblem with built-in backup camera in place of the front grille emblem... Any idea if they are same dimensions?

Then a switch to activate front camera onto the rear view mirror..

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup

Old 06-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Misky6.0
I've wondered putting the Ford tailgate emblem with built-in backup camera in place of the front grille emblem... Any idea if they are same dimensions?

Then a switch to activate front camera onto the rear view mirror..

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup
Absolutely no clue on that.

But I do know that there are some front end camera setups.

Sean

Old 06-08-2014, 03:23 AM
Coronado
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by HoustonPerson
Ok, completed the repairs: That was replacing 1 of the 4 Reversing Sensors. There are two types you can buy on EBay. One is the exact match to the Black ones that come on the truck (chrome bumpers with black reversing sensors) – that is the type I got for an exact match. For $10 less you can get painted black one that really do not match the originals.

The prices on Ebay are less than half what the dealer would charge for the same part.

So the “hearing test” I used from above solved the problem. If it was to get further involved with wiring or the PAM, I most likely would have gone to the dealer. Needless to say I saved a few hundred.

Getting the old part out was a little bit of work just because of the dirt, lighting etc.

Installing the new part was easy, and you can "test it" before you snap it back in the bumper. That way you know it works so you do not have to take it out again.

Buyer beware on those sensors.

I had a outer left sensor failure, and I replaced it with a sensor from ebay. The made black ones, not the painted black, and now I have another sensor failure. Left outer.

I think I'm probably just going to pay the price and go with Tousley Ford's sensor.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:55 PM
gpineau
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant find the backup warning speaker

I dont have the alert sound when I am backing up to close to something but I know the sensors are working.
If I put the car in reverse and obstruct any of the rear bumper sensors I can hear the radio speakers are muted. When I remove the obstruction the radio sound returns to normal. To me this indicated that the sensors are working but the warning is not sounding. I have looked by the fuse panel where other suggest it may be and I dont find anything there that looks like a warning speaker. Maybe it has been removed but I also dont see any connectors that are not in use. SO can anyone that knows tell me where to look on a 2005 Expedition to find the speaker.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:14 PM
gpineau
Freshman User
I have looked up behind the glove box and all along the kick panel above the fuse box. I don't see anything like this or any harness to where it should have been. I have a 2005 Expedition. When backing up and I get close to something the radio goes mute so I know the sensors are working but there is no alarm (my Ford Freestar has a Beep, Beep, beep) sound. When I pull forward the radio is un-muted. Any ideas where else I can look.

Can someone with a 2005 Expedition set the park brake in reverse and block one of the sensors. Find where the sound is coming from and tell me where to look.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:30 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
2005 Ex. I'll see if I can find it in the workshop manual location index.

Ok got it and can see why your not finding it.
You want to look at grid 6-C in this PDF.
The connector is C4226.
I really need to get the desktop fixed I am getting tired
of having to dig the DVDs out and find the laptop.
The Desktop PC has the files on the hard drive.

Anyway this should help you find the PAM (Parking Aid Module).

Let me know if there are other documents you need.
Enjoy

Old 01-15-2017, 05:31 AM
gpineau
Freshman User
Never would have thought to look there. The expedition has it in a totally different place that what is described in this thread. THANKS A BUNCH.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Please let us know when you find it.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:45 PM
gpineau
Freshman User
Found the backup assist speaker.

I found my 2005 Expedition alert speaker finally. I was looking under the glove box in the kick panel. But It is just above the left rear wheel well. No need to remove the inside panel. I was able to access it through the cutout for the seat belt. It is stuck to the backup assist module with double sided tape and a grommet . I managed to pry it loose with a long flat blade screw driver. Using long nose pliers and my fingers I was able to free it from the harness and pull it out through the seat belt cutout. Measured it with an ohmmeter and sure enough it is open circuit. Just ordered a new one from ebay for$13.33.

NEW OEM DASHBOARD PARKING CONTROL AID SPEAKER FORD EXPEDITION LINCOLN NAVIGATOR | eBay Right click and open in a new tab.

Last edited by gpineau; 01-15-2017 at 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-15-2017, 05:01 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by gpineau
I found my 2005 Expedition alert speaker finally. I was looking under the glove box in the kick panel. But It is just above the left rear wheel well. No need to remove the inside panel. I was able to access it through the cutout for the seat belt. It is stuck to the backup assist module with double sided tape and a grommet . I managed to pry it loose with a long flat blade screw driver. Using long nose pliers and my fingers I was able to free it from the harness and pull it out through the seat belt cutout. Measured it with an ohmmeter and sure enough it is open circuit. Just ordered a new one from ebay for$13.33.

NEW OEM DASHBOARD PARKING CONTROL AID SPEAKER FORD EXPEDITION LINCOLN NAVIGATOR | eBay Right click and open in a new tab.

So your rig should be beeping soon.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:26 PM
gpineau
Freshman User
Finally got the replacement speaker

Got the replacement speaker today and while struggling to fit two sets of fingers into the seat belt opening to hold the harness while I plugged in the new speaker I noticed looking right in my face... on top of the left rear wheel cover is a dual beverage holder.

I stopped what is was doing and ran around and climbed into the back seat. Easily removed the plastic beverage holder and could fit both hands into the panel to plug the speaker into the harness. and was able to feel around and put the new speaker back to where the original one came from.

Piece of cake. once you know the short cut. rear warning single works fine now.

Thanks for the diagram showing me where it was hiding.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:36 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Cool.
The cup holder tip will likely save someone from pulling there hair out.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Zippitydodah
New User
I appreciated your general comments regarding the Parking Assist Module (PAM) issues - I have a similar problem, and was wondering if you could post the PAM location for my 2005 F150, and if you have an electrical schematic? All sensors are clicking, the dash switch button reads "off" when engine started and vehicle put into reverse. I used a friends high end scanner and it coded that all sensors were operating WNL. So, I am guessing it is a bad speaker on the module. Thank you in advance.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:44 AM
gpineau
Freshman User
F150 Park assist location.

Sorry, I have an expedition, I do not know where it is located on the F150. I think I read elsewhere it is above the fuse box... I am not sure.

If the display reads ON when you go into reverse. The default is ON. You can only temporarily turn it off. It should come back on next time you start the car.

My schematics are for a 2005 Expedition. You can get the F150 manual and diagrams on ebay for $7.95..

2004-2006 Ford F150 OEM Service Repair Manual + WIRING DIAGRAMS 2005 06 05 04 | eBay

I bet that manual will also tell you where the speaker and module are located.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:43 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
This DVD will cost more and you have to use Run-As-Date or
change the computer calendar but I find them far better than
any others out there. After all they are what the dealer uses.
Ford 2004 2005 F-150 F-350 Truck Excursion Navigator DVD Service Manual | eBay

I did a little looking for you and the PAM is located at the LH A-Pillar.

Quick Reply: Location of Park assist Module (PAM)