1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Darksider question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Rusty_Bits
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darksider question?

Anyone running sway bars front and rear? I have a 1948 Ford F-1 with a "Industrial Chassis" crossmember in the front and when I installed it I also used the Dakota front sway bar (1 1/16"dia.). My truck is lowered and has parallel leafs in the back on the underside of the differential. I was just wondering if anyone else is running bars and where they got them from, thought you might be able to save me some time before I go to the wrecking yard with my tape measure to look for a back bar.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Old F1
Cargo Master

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
Hey Rusty Vancouver, I have one (other make) vehicle with rear leafs and junk yard (my lawn) rear sway bar (firebird) and don’t really know if it helps, as I built it that way, does handle great however.

I think the jury is out on the rear sway bar with leaf spring thing, the consensus appears to be that any improvement is insignificant. I think it kind of like practicing safe sex after having a vasectomy, kind of redundant!