1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

F100 Supernationals - Who's Going??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by sdetweil
I'm registered and planned to go, but now have to travel for business and don't get back til that Friday.. I registered for the Smoky Mountain Run in June as well.

Sam

COOL, look forward to meeting you Sam!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:28 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Truxx1956
COOL, look forward to meeting you Sam!
thank you.. I am very excited about meeting such a wonderful group of people.
can't believe I've spent 10 yrs here will you all.

Sam

Old 05-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Lance Hogan
More Turbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Donald,

I am glad to hear business is good, but disappointed that you won’t be able to make the show. Hopefully, we can catch up at the GSM F100 Run in June.
<O</O
Lance

Old 05-11-2010, 04:39 PM
3golfjack
Laughing Gas

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Man I been saving some spending money for parts for the nationals for the past few months. Now I find out I won't be able to make it. I can't say how much I was looking forward to going. But since the wife can't make it I guess I"ll work on the truck while I'm off. Hope all you members that are going have a great time.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:54 AM
tlb
Elder User

Has anybody heard what the weather is going to be for the weekend.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Lakotas53
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by tlb
Has anybody heard what the weather is going to be for the weekend.
Last I saw was early this morning. 10 to 20 percent chance of scattered showers Friday and Saturday. We are still coming up around lunch Friday.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
I got off work Saturday morning at 2am. Went home and slept for 2 hours and drove out to Pigeon Forge arriving about 10pm. Parked close to Lance and his dad. His Dad is a really nice person. Guess what everybody Lance's Dad won (TOTY) truck of the year and they both got a special of Father-Son award. I hadnt stayed for an awards show since about 97' but I am glad I stayed for this one. I got a chance to talk to Lance for a good bit . I missed the meet and greet because I had to catch a guy who had bought me a FREE radiator support and glove box door for my 56. He was leaving to head home and was just waiting on me. I missed seeing Brian (9teen56) he left a card on my truck. I talked to Don (Birdseye) down in the swap meet area. I had a chance to talk to Kevin ((HarleyTruck). He came over and visited in the canopy I was in with fellow Music City F100 guys. We talked about the enjoyment of meeting people and friendships formed around the common interest of these ole trucks. Friendships that last long after the truck. Walked the used parts area, which seemed like it had more sellers than in the past, bought a few things for the 56. Went over to Hot Rod Trucks and picked up a catalog and saw HOMADE (Garry's) truck on the cover among the other trucks and thought cool. I turned the to check out the trucks on the back cover and lo and behold there was my beloved ole Blue and I thought even cooler . Seems like there was a lot of trucks there. It was hot until it started raining at 4:30. I didnt take a lot of pics like normal for some reason. May have been because I was tired. All in all glad I went. I was real happy for Lance and his dad. Not everyday you get to say I know the TOTY winner's son. Dennis Carpenter's finished 56 F100 panel was there. The show promoter said hadnt even seen it yet!!! I bet the builder has cashed the check though . This Bumpside was there and went to go do a photo shoot and upon returning to the show entrance a Ford Escape backed into him Ouch!!!!!

I saw the truck afterward. The truck is still driveable. The front bumper got pushed in and the hood got pushed back/bent. Unless you know these model of trucks you wouldnt catch this. The hood is from a 73-79 model that required some custom work naturally.

Here are the few pics I took.

Interior

I Like the front bumper distance

Dennis Carpenter's Panel

GIVEAWAY TRUCK
Had a small block motor. Truck wasnt finished. Need to be wired up, bed wood installed, power windows installed, interior installed, and Im sure somethings I missed in looking it over

This truck below can be yours for $24,900. My kind of truck but a little steep for my wallet right now.

The Interior

Aint this a beaut? Had a SBFord engine

Interior of F1

This is what Lance's truck looks like with a hood.

Last time we all saw it at the Great Smoky F100 RUN the hood wasnt finished

The first and only one I have ever seen in person

Fireman's delight

Not a truck but you gotta admit it's nice.

Well now that I have written a book I hope you all enjoy the few pics.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:30 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics . Makes one want to attend next yr.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:34 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW Donald, now I got to wait till Hot Rod's catalog gets here but thanks for the heads up, glad everyone had a great time, Garry

Old 05-16-2010, 02:37 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Garry if I can the scanner to work I will post a pic of the cover.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:39 PM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great shots Donald. Got to make the trip one of these years. Thanks for posting!!

Old 05-16-2010, 05:49 PM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Donald,
Sorry we missed you. I took some pictures too but I will have to post them later. Its been a long day of driving today.

Lance,
We are so happy for your Dad. Congrats on the "Truck Of The Year" award. There was not a better truck on the grounds. What an awesome pair of trucks you two have built. We will be waiting for the feature of the two trucks to hit the news stands. Glad we could spend some time talking trucks and family at the show.
brian...

Old 05-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Lakotas53
Laughing Gas
Lance, Congrats to your dad and to you too! Beautiful trucks! It was nice meeting everyone and I look forward to next year. Got some great pics just have to find a host site and then I can post some. Got my bed loaded and made it home with out running into any rain.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Lakotas53
Laughing Gas

Some of the guys I met at the super nationals.

Convertible?

Nice COE

Another COE

Check out how clean that firewall is!

Old 05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Lakotas53
Laughing Gas

Quick Reply: F100 Supernationals - Who's Going??