1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best bass additive for inside the cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 06:42 PM
420CREW
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best bass additive for inside the cab

Ok I am adding a pioneer FH-P8000BT head unit in the truck At this time I am not upgrading my stock speakers because i want to see what they sound like after the unit install. I am however wanting some more bass in the truck I am not looking for loudness just some sound quality at all levels. I have had a few people tell me to get a bazooka tube and put it behind the seats however i do not know how that will fit. Does anyone have any ideas for more bass without breaking the bank The head unit put a sizeable dent in the wallet I am also adding an HD radio Tuner and a sound gate for playing my Zune.

Before I start the installation I would like to address the sound quality for a possible sub woofer before I begin.

Thanks For any advice or info in advance

Old 03-27-2010, 07:41 PM
foster2004f250
Junior User
Look into what Mtx has to offer, I have a thunderform box that fits right under my back seat, It houses two 10" subs, and you can keep the jack in the factory spot. It is not glass breaking bass but it sounds good to me! I got mine from Future shop here in ontario.Check out the Mtx web site for more info.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Thomas D.
Senior User
JVC made model CS-BB2. Think there is a more current model but anyway I've got two of them under my seats, low profile, hooked up to a Panasonic Front End. Load of Bass!!!!!

Old 03-27-2010, 09:07 PM
420CREW
Senior User
thunderforms are two much money right now asnd the jvc are discontinued any one else?

Old 03-27-2010, 09:22 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
JL audio has a center console for our trucks or you could try their Power wedge enclosures!
I have one 10" in a Power Wedge behind my backseat! It def rocks!

Old 03-27-2010, 09:25 PM
rjmay
Senior User
I installed a Kenwood powered subwoofer under the drivers seat.

It is thin enough that it slides underneith the seat.

About $200 from Crutchfield.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:43 PM
420CREW
Senior User
Originally Posted by rjmay
I installed a Kenwood powered subwoofer under the drivers seat.

It is thin enough that it slides underneith the seat.

About $200 from Crutchfield.
how do you like the performance? what head unit are you using?
which seat is it under?

Old 03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
bayou barataria
Posting Guru

I have a boss self-powered subwoofer behind the back seat. It has it's own amp built-in. It adds bass, but not too much I don't like to over do it.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:41 PM
420CREW
Senior User
Originally Posted by bayou barataria
I have a boss self-powered subwoofer behind the back seat. It has it's own amp built-in. It adds bass, but not too much I don't like to over do it.
where do you get it at and how do you like it?

Old 03-27-2010, 11:50 PM
jlmotox
Elder User
IMO...take your stock door speakers and toss them! they are junk!and if they are not blown already then the extra power from the new reciever will kill them quick... if your on a budget pick up a set of pioneer or kenwood 3 way speakers.... you may not even want to add more bass then they will put out...if you do want more then my suggestion would be to get a custom sealed box for behind the back seat that will hold a 10" subwoffer and then get an amplifier to match the sub, or a pick up a 5 channel amp and get a little more out of the door speakers and have that extra channel for the sub...
it all comes down to your budget! and if your after sound quality ditch the factory speakers!
I have had a few bazzoka tubes in various cars and trucks...sometimes they sound great and sometimes horrible. I have had the best experience with them in the trunk of cars, in the cab of trucks the bass sounds distorted...sealed boxes sound great and give off nice clean and sharp bass.

check these guys out... Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers they are legit guys, thier shop is just a few blocks from my work and I have picked up a few things from them and been happy.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:49 PM
420CREW
Senior User
Originally Posted by jlmotox
IMO...take your stock door speakers and toss them! they are junk!and if they are not blown already then the extra power from the new reciever will kill them quick... if your on a budget pick up a set of pioneer or kenwood 3 way speakers.... you may not even want to add more bass then they will put out...if you do want more then my suggestion would be to get a custom sealed box for behind the back seat that will hold a 10" subwoffer and then get an amplifier to match the sub, or a pick up a 5 channel amp and get a little more out of the door speakers and have that extra channel for the sub...
it all comes down to your budget! and if your after sound quality ditch the factory speakers!
I have had a few bazzoka tubes in various cars and trucks...sometimes they sound great and sometimes horrible. I have had the best experience with them in the trunk of cars, in the cab of trucks the bass sounds distorted...sealed boxes sound great and give off nice clean and sharp bass.

check these guys out... Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers they are legit guys, thier shop is just a few blocks from my work and I have picked up a few things from them and been happy.
thanks for the tip

Old 03-28-2010, 07:56 PM
rjmay
Senior User
I bought a scratch and dent Alpine unit from Crutchfield first that came with the the IPOD cable and the input jack for my Sirius. I think it was around $100. With all the treble, bass, and midrange adustments, the sound improved but I now knew the speakers were the weak component. I bought two new front speakes- Sony ipox or something.

Wow- what a difference in sound. But I missed a powered subwoofer like in my other ride.

The Kenwood fits perfectly under the driver seat and the remote is attached near the headlight switch. I am happy with it since my crew cab would not host a 12 inch sub with a separate amplifier.

Nothing like the bass kicking you in the behind as you drive down the road.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:59 PM
bayou barataria
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by 420CREW
where do you get it at and how do you like it?
It works good, I don't like too much bass. I bought it on e-bay, I think it was about $225.00.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:42 AM
DJ2
Freshman User
I just bought this yesterday for $279 from a local stereo shop (best buy has them for $299) I should hopefully be installing it today and I will let you know how it sounds. Good thing is that if it is not enough bass there is room for a second one behind the seat.

Rockford Fosgate P3L-S12 Sealed truck-style enclosure with one 12" Punch Stage 3 Shallow subwoofer at Crutchfield Signature

gonna be running it with this amp:

Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1 Mono subwoofer amplifier — 500 watts RMS at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

Old 03-31-2010, 07:39 PM
bayou barataria
Posting Guru

500 watts to a subwoofer in a truck cab? You will be deaf by the time you reach 40.

Quick Reply: Best bass additive for inside the cab