Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #16  
Old 03-14-2010, 12:45 PM
berry1234's Avatar
berry1234 berry1234 is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,008
berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I am with stephen. Don't distract yourself of someone else and drive next to me. It's stupid. Nothing personal. Same goes for talking on the cell phone, reading a book while driving, etc.
__________________
1978 F250 Lariat 4x2
2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x2


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-14-2010, 12:58 PM
1975StroppeBaja's Avatar
1975StroppeBaja 1975StroppeBaja is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WV
Posts: 2,935
1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
First off, I agree 100% with not messing with the nav system while you're driving.

However, what's the harm in the passenger being able to mess with it while the vehicle's moving?
__________________
Jason - 2004 F250 XLT Sport CC, 5.4L, 4.10LS, AT, JBA's & SPD y-pipe

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-14-2010, 01:05 PM
shotgunz's Avatar
shotgunz shotgunz is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 2,016
shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
And how you can guarantee that?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-14-2010, 07:17 PM
1975StroppeBaja's Avatar
1975StroppeBaja 1975StroppeBaja is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WV
Posts: 2,935
1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Guarantee what? That the driver won't mess with it? You can't. You can't gaurantee anything.

I'm just saying, I can definitely see where it would be handy for the passenger to be able to mess with it while the vehicle's moving.

And that was my question, what's the harm in that?
__________________
Jason - 2004 F250 XLT Sport CC, 5.4L, 4.10LS, AT, JBA's & SPD y-pipe

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-14-2010, 07:30 PM
shotgunz's Avatar
shotgunz shotgunz is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 2,016
shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975StroppeBaja View Post
Guarantee what? That the driver won't mess with it? You can't. You can't gaurantee anything.
Do I really have to explain the problem to you?

I recently read the NHTSA'a report that 80% of crashes are caused by distracted/inattentive driving.

Since people can't be trusted to drive safely, why should they be given ANY opportunity to endanger my life or the lives of my family and friends?

If they would only kill themselves or their family and friends, I wouldn't care (hell, I'd nominate them for a Darwin Award).
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-14-2010, 08:41 PM
1975StroppeBaja's Avatar
1975StroppeBaja 1975StroppeBaja is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WV
Posts: 2,935
1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunz View Post
Do I really have to explain the problem to you?
uh.. no. As I said in my first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975StroppeBaja View Post
First off, I agree 100% with not messing with the nav system while you're driving.


I get what you're saying but I can definitely understand the desire to defeat the lockout.
__________________
Jason - 2004 F250 XLT Sport CC, 5.4L, 4.10LS, AT, JBA's & SPD y-pipe

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 PM
ajaj ajaj is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 30
ajaj is starting off with a positive reputation.
Let Him Have it!

Let him have it Steve.........I got your back!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-08-2010, 01:40 AM
horsepuller's Avatar
horsepuller horsepuller is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,299
horsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputation
I think is ridiculous to have to stop your vehicle to query the navigation feature. It's no different than using a Thomas Guide, road map or atlas to navigate with. You either pull over and look for yourself, or stay on the road and have your front seat passenger act as navigator. I'm glad I have a Garmin instead, and can make that choice.
__________________
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][COLOR=navy]Scott[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-08-2010, 11:04 AM
madcowranch madcowranch is offline
New User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22
madcowranch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.osborne1 View Post
I was having a great day until some idiot started talking about endangering others on the road by wanting to use thier navigation system which is locked out during driving for a very good reason by the manufacturer. So by all means, don't reply to any of my posts as I deal with ignorant, stupid and dangerous people all day over here in Iraq. I don't need or want to deal with another one now.

This is for all the halfway intelligent people who will read this... If you use your nav while driving or text while driving you are a moron and should be arrested for attempted manslaughter. If you were considering "unlocking" your sytem, I would hope you think about the people on the road that you WILL put at risk and reconsider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunz View Post
Do I really have to explain the problem to you?

I recently read the NHTSA'a report that 80% of crashes are caused by distracted/inattentive driving.

Since people can't be trusted to drive safely, why should they be given ANY opportunity to endanger my life or the lives of my family and friends?

If they would only kill themselves or their family and friends, I wouldn't care (hell, I'd nominate them for a Darwin Award).
I'm surprised you or your family ever go out on public roads "since people can't be trusted to drive safely".

Look people, along with the right to operate an automobile in the US comes a lot of responsibility. The government can't be expected to think for you by listing all of the 'nots' to do while driving. Just PAY ATTENTION. It's that simple.

Why don't we ban cell phones, radios, talking, cleavage, great-looking cars, reading materials, sneezing, any movement by passengers, eating or drinking, billboards? They can all be distractions while we're driving. It's because we all in our big boy pants now and can think for ourselves. How bout locking down the climate control while the vehicle is in motion so the driver isn't fiddling with that? It's a slippery slope.

I simply want my passenger to be able to operate the nav while I'm driving. Don't start calling people axe murderers, etc because they don't need a law to tell them how to act responsibly.

We live in a free country... let's keep it that way!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-08-2010, 11:18 AM
stephen.osborne1's Avatar
stephen.osborne1 stephen.osborne1 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 1,189
stephen.osborne1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.stephen.osborne1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowranch View Post
I'm surprised you or your family ever go out on public roads "since people can't be trusted to drive safely".

Look people, along with the right to operate an automobile in the US comes a lot of responsibility. The government can't be expected to think for you by listing all of the 'nots' to do while driving. Just PAY ATTENTION. It's that simple.

Why don't we ban cell phones, radios, talking, cleavage, great-looking cars, reading materials, sneezing, any movement by passengers, eating or drinking, billboards? They can all be distractions while we're driving. It's because we all in our big boy pants now and can think for ourselves. How bout locking down the climate control while the vehicle is in motion so the driver isn't fiddling with that? It's a slippery slope.

I simply want my passenger to be able to operate the nav while I'm driving. Don't start calling people axe murderers, etc because they don't need a law to tell them how to act responsibly.
Apparently we do need laws to stop people from doing these things while driving because thousands die every day because other people think they should be allowed to think for themselves because "it won't happen to me". If the navigation in a vehicle is operable while driving, it is just one more thing to distract you, added to the others you mentioned. Too many people will be tempted to use it themselves while driving alone. Don't say that won't happen. You are a fool if you believe otherwise.
I am definately not a supporter of the "nanny state". I do, however believe that government needs to enforce laws which stop drivers from being distracted... If I can't kick the crap outta someone on the side of the road for hitting me while messing with thier stupid little toy (nav), then I want a cop to hammer them.
__________________
2000 Excursion LTD 4x4, 6.8, 4" lift and 35"s- The Hulk
1966 Mustang GT w/ 306ci/325HP, T-5, dark blue pearl metallic
1992 F-150 SCAB 4x4 5.0, E4OD, 214,xxx miles and counting
1977 F-100 Custom 2wd Flareside 300 I6, AOD
2000 Honda Shadow Sabre
2010 F-150 FX4 SCREW 6.5', Ingot Silver, ARE Z series shell, 2" AS Leveling Kit
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
ajaj ajaj is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 30
ajaj is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ill Go Slow and Explain This To You k?

OK.........In a world that always seems to have a Logical or should I say Illogical Progression to things.....Ill go slow!

First

The reason Ford and Other Manufactures dont allow watching DVDs or anything more than necessary is: LAWSUITS...........Lawyers would love to sue anyone for a Zillion $ if they could prove Manufactures were negligent in any way.........especially drivers not paying attention!

Second

The excuse is that its for my "Passenger" is just that an EXCUSE....We all know where that will lead up to:......Im sure a driver would Never watch the movie playing while driving across the Desert in Arizona.?

Third

Would YOU want one of your Family members injured by some TEENAGER watching a movie or worse PORN.....who probably has the lowest Insurance coverage available .....so caring for your Injured Family member for the rest of His/Her life should be fully funded by the Insurance!

Fourth

Maybe your Kids could watch the hardcore Porn in the Teenagers car beside you while sitting in Freeway Traffic. ....Im sure He will turn it off if you ask politely?

Fifth

Maybe the Lockpick Co. could install a PS3 or Xbox feature and have the steering wheel buttons control the joystick......what a novel Idea?

Im going to speak to that Stephen guy in Baghdad and see if he will go halfers with me on a bus pass for you as you shouldnt be on the road anyway?.....While Im waiting for His reply.......Isnt the 'Tea Party" rolling through your Town about now.........Your late for the meeting!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-08-2010, 11:45 AM
madcowranch madcowranch is offline
New User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22
madcowranch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.osborne1 View Post
Apparently we do need laws to stop people from doing these things while driving because thousands die every day because other people think they should be allowed to think for themselves because "it won't happen to me". If the navigation in a vehicle is operable while driving, it is just one more thing to distract you, added to the others you mentioned. Too many people will be tempted to use it themselves while driving alone. Don't say that won't happen. You are a fool if you believe otherwise.
I am definately not a supporter of the "nanny state". I do, however believe that government needs to enforce laws which stop drivers from being distracted... If I can't kick the crap outta someone on the side of the road for hitting me while messing with thier stupid little toy (nav), then I want a cop to hammer them.
So how far are you willing to go... how much freedom are you willing to give up? Should we pass a law against each of the things I mentioned above? I could go on all day with more distractions. Is that what we need... more laws? Would that stop the bloodshed on our nation's highways?

How about mandating much more driver training and education before someone can obtain a driver's license? How about making someone pass an intense screening (psych/phys) prior to getting behind the wheel? How about making the minimum driving age 25 since most of those at fault are below this age?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 AM
madcowranch madcowranch is offline
New User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22
madcowranch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaj View Post
OK.........In a world that always seems to have a Logical or should I say Illogical Progression to things.....Ill go slow!

First

The reason Ford and Other Manufactures dont allow watching DVDs or anything more than necessary is: LAWSUITS...........Lawyers would love to sue anyone for a Zillion $ if they could prove Manufactures were negligent in any way.........especially drivers not paying attention!

Second

The excuse is that its for my "Passenger" is just that an EXCUSE....We all know where that will lead up to:......Im sure a driver would Never watch the movie playing while driving across the Desert in Arizona.?

Third

Would YOU want one of your Family members injured by some TEENAGER watching a movie or worse PORN.....who probably has the lowest Insurance coverage available .....so caring for your Injured Family member for the rest of His/Her life should be fully funded by the Insurance!

Fourth

Maybe your Kids could watch the hardcore Porn in the Teenagers car beside you while sitting in Freeway Traffic. ....Im sure He will turn it off if you ask politely?

Fifth

Maybe the Lockpick Co. could install a PS3 or Xbox feature and have the steering wheel buttons control the joystick......what a novel Idea?

Im going to speak to that Stephen guy in Baghdad and see if he will go halfers with me on a bus pass for you as you shouldnt be on the road anyway?.....While Im waiting for His reply.......Isnt the 'Tea Party" rolling through your Town about now.........Your late for the meeting!
OMG, you ****ing liberal!

First of all my Honda Odyssey has a fully functioning nav system while driving. I guess they failed to see all those lawyers coming!

And where did this obsession with **** come from, nutjob?

This is the whole problem with our society today... people like you who don't believe in any sense of self-accountability!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 PM
ajaj ajaj is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 30
ajaj is starting off with a positive reputation.
Im a Liberal...Oh Well?

Ive been called worse.....

Believe it or not ......People watch Porn!

Like I said.....what if one of your Family members became a "vegatable" and some teenager had the lowest Insurance possible?......guess thats your problem then...........
How many times have members of this forum seen teenagers texting or doing other stupid things when driving?.......
After something serious happens......People look for ANY excuse to blame others for their stupidity......thats what our society has become...?

Lets change our flags now to include the "hammer and sickle" ?......it would fit nicely in the top left corner of your flag.....but we can get rid of the maple leaf and put it dead center on our flag....

Sorry Mods...........Ill stop myself now outta respect for this forum and other members who can positively contribute.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-08-2010, 12:32 PM
madcowranch madcowranch is offline
New User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22
madcowranch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaj View Post
Ive been called worse.....

Believe it or not ......People watch Porn!

Like I said.....what if one of your Family members became a "vegatable" and some teenager had the lowest Insurance possible?......guess thats your problem then...........
How many times have members of this forum seen teenagers texting or doing other stupid things when driving?.......
After something serious happens......People look for ANY excuse to blame others for their stupidity......thats what our society has become...?

Lets change our flags now to include the "hammer and sickle" ?......it would fit nicely in the top left corner of your flag.....but we can get rid of the maple leaf and put it dead center on our flag...

Sorry Mods...........Ill stop myself now outta respect for this forum and other members who can positively contribute.
Is there a point to any of this nonsensical drivel? It kinda sounds like your flip-flopping. Try to make an intelligent post, and remember to go slow, k?
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150

Tags
2009, 2010, bypass, driving, duty, dvd, f150, ford, hack, hacks, nav, navigation, override, radio, saftey, shut, super

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony Nav - No DVD David1986 2009+ F150 1 08-19-2014 07:57 PM
upgrade 2008 nav radio to blu tooth ultraboyus Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1 03-04-2014 02:26 PM
2008 F250 Nav Radio Problem damada Ford In-Vehicle Tech 7 01-23-2014 01:17 PM
SYNC w/nav system: Anyone ever watch a DVD with the truck off? lwk362393 Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1 01-04-2014 11:10 PM
2008 F250 Nav Radio Problem damada Super Duty & Heavy Duty 12 07-17-2013 09:10 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup