Anyone have any knowledge on the Evergreen Travel Trailers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:30 PM
scottman70
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any knowledge on the Evergreen Travel Trailers?

I currently own an 07 Attitude 26fsak, and have been looking at some new travel trailers to possibly replace my Toy Hauler! I have no more toys and don't need this heavy hauler behind my truck anymore! I'm looking for a bunk house around 29-33 feet long. I have looked at Starcraft and several others and jeez they are so cheap and chinsy inside! I do like the Evergreen 2010 Ever-Lite 33Q quite a bit. Looks like a more upscale trailer! The link on the exact one I am considering is at:

Ever-Lite 2010 33QB

Does anyone own one of these or have any info on Evergreen RV's? Trying to get some feedback so I buy a good quality RV!

Old 03-02-2010, 01:42 AM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 457 Likes on 310 Posts
Judging by the price point and some of the features in the pictures, it does appear to be more upscale. Can you tell how much real wood versus particle board with vinyl? Construction is easiest to see by pulling cabinet drawers so you can see insides. If you can, try to ignore everything that is easily seen and look at things that are not readily apparent. If you get serious about this, take a ladder so you can see the roof and go underneath!

High gloss filon exterior is more expensive and will hold up better under sun making for higher resale value when it comes time to buy the next one. A hard formed front cap is also a plus in most trailers. Judging quality is easiest once you learn to ignore the obvious that the manufacturers want you to see.

Within the last two years several companies have tried to move upscale in the travel trailer market. I haven't worked on Evergreen yet, so have no direct experience on which to base an opinion.

Good hunting,

Steve

Old 03-02-2010, 09:41 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
I was looking at that model this last weekend at the RV show here in md. Thought it was nice, my issue was the bathroom. Seemed just too tight and if I recall the place for the tv that swivels to the master bedroom is an issue as well. There are alot of models that have that now. Nice feature but if you look at the opening, there is no privacy. you can see directly around the edges into the bedroom.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:13 PM
scottman70
Posting Guru
Went out for 5 hours today looking at Outback, Evergreen, Salem, Keystone, Holiday Rambler, Layton, Fourwinds, KZ Durango, North Trail...... I think I've decided to keep my Attitude Toy Hauler! Travel Trailers just are not built near as well nor do they seem near as nice as Toy Haulers! No generators on Travel Trailers? What the heck is the reason for that? Seemed cheap to me but all seemed to be priced in the $30K-38K range with no generator? Just not impressed with anything I saw today, kind of bummed! After all of this looking today I am ecstatic with my Hauler and it's a keeper! It seems it would not be an upgrade to go from a Toy Hauler to a travel trailer! These RV manufacturers are so darn cheap with there products! They cannot include 2 TV's and a generator for $35K? My hauler came with 2 TV's, 2 DVD players, Sony Xplod 7 speaker sounds system, fuel station, electric tongue jack, 4.0 generator. All that and I only paid $28K?

Old 03-09-2010, 05:20 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
I just got me a KZ Stoneridge 5th wheel. Very well built 3 Flat panel TV's Ceiling fan auto leveling and auto jacks, 1 full bath and 1 half bath, keyless entry, fireplace..lots of stuff.

I agree the new TT's just didn't seem to have it.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:15 AM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 457 Likes on 310 Posts
The consumer drives the market. The overwhelming majority of travel trailers sit in campgrounds an average of 16 days a year. If they want a generator, they throw one in the bed of their pick-ups. The demand just isn't there in high enough numbers to build em. If that changes, you will see changes in build overnight. Travel trailers are targeted to an entirely different segment of the market than other types of RVs.

Just my thoughts,

Steve

Old 03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
crown180
Junior User
I have a 2008 5th wheel trailer from Pilgrim - a company which shut down during the banking crisis - the management team started Evergreen with most of the same technology/people. They are a good trailer, well built and hopefully will last forever.