1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 F250SD Dyno Chart

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 10:10 PM
VaBeachF250
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 F250SD Dyno Chart

Thought I would show you all my results. I just installed Gibson Shorty Headers, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, K&N CAI W/AFE Dry Cone Filter, and used an SCT Tuner and these are my results.

My Dyno results look almost identical to the K&N website Dyno sheet. I am off by 3 HP compared to theirs.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
What was your max torque? Does that say 240? that cant be right.. And 207HP? Wasnt the 6.0 rated at 300+hp?

Or am I missing something..

Good looking truck though!

Old 10-13-2011, 11:03 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Doh! I assumed you had a PSD. Silly me. I feel foolish! I need to stop being so closed minded. Carry on! SCT tuner and shorty headers should have been a dead give away..

Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 PM
VaBeachF250
New User
Originally Posted by A/Ox4
What was your max torque? Does that say 240? that cant be right.. And 207HP? Wasnt the 6.0 rated at 300+hp?

Or am I missing something..

Good looking truck though!
This is a 5.4L V8, but I wasn't there at the time of the dyno run so I'm not sure on which tune if any this is the printout for. I'm looking for feedback on this sheet as I am going to get more info on this tomorrow...

Old 10-13-2011, 11:27 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

The numbers still seem a little low to me.. But its been a while since I've owned a 3v 5.4.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Sounds about right for a 5.4 3v

Those shorties are sorta worthless. You should look at getting electric fans now. Will free up maybe 10 HP and let her rev up much quicker

Who is your tuner?

Old 10-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Pili
Senior User
Where is your base line pull? Whats the A/F ratio? i need more info

Originally Posted by Tylus

Those shorties are sorta worthless. You should look at getting electric fans now.

Shorties are the only option we have, should be good for some mid range and peak HP. No one makes off the shelf long tubes for a 5.4 super duty and too my knowledge no one on the forum has modified a set to work. E - fans are also an issue on these especially if you tow. There are a couple threads about modifying a t - bird or navigator set to work. the aftermarket ones don't have enough CFM.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:41 PM
VaBeachF250
New User
Originally Posted by Pili
Where is your base line pull? Whats the A/F ratio? i need more info

Shorties are the only option we have, should be good for some mid range and peak HP. No one makes off the shelf long tubes for a 5.4 super duty and too my knowledge no one on the forum has modified a set to work. E - fans are also an issue on these especially if you tow. There are a couple threads about modifying a t - bird or navigator set to work. the aftermarket ones don't have enough CFM.
unfortunately this dyno chart is the only information i have. I am pretty sure this is the baseline pull after headers, muffler, and CAI were installed. I really hope this is not the Dyno chart from after they loaded any tunes on the SCT.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:51 PM
VaBeachF250
New User
Originally Posted by Tylus

Those shorties are sorta worthless. You should look at getting electric fans now. Will free up maybe 10 HP and let her rev up much quicker

Who is your tuner?
I wouldn't have put the headers on it if I didn't have a horrible exhaust leak on the manifolds and the bolts holding them on were borderline. So I figured just eat the difference of replacement manifolds and get the headers.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Pili
Senior User
Originally Posted by VaBeachF250
unfortunately this dyno chart is the only information i have. I am pretty sure this is the baseline pull after headers, muffler, and CAI were installed. I really hope this is not the Dyno chart from after they loaded any tunes on the SCT.

That's odd, they should have given you 5 or 6 pages minimum. There should be a base line pull before mods then another one after mods. The others would be in 20% throttle increments as they tune. Also the notes on all the pages would be full of info, A/F ratio, temp, humidity, ect.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:02 PM
VaBeachF250
New User
That's odd, they should have given you 5 or 6 pages minimum. There should be a base line pull before mods then another one after mods. The others would be in 20% throttle increments as they tune. Also the notes on all the pages would be full of info, A/F ratio, temp, humidity, ect.
well I ended up having watch at the time all of this went down and I am kicking myself for not just rescheduling this whole ordeal. Does this look like a baseline pull after mods before Tunes? I think this is their standard print out because their website shows a few others and doesn't have A/F ratio, temp, humidity..... nothing.... it cost me 135 to rent the dyno for an hour (I think all i got was this print out lmao) and then 175 for them to upload 3 "custom tunes" on my SCT....

Old 10-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Pili
Senior User
Honestly i don't know. I'm hoping that's the base line pull. If i remember correctly the 3v 5.4 is around 300hp at the flywheel that sheet said 207.8 max hp @ 5400. Parisitic power loss would be 25% - 30%(tranny, transfer case, axle and those large tires) it seems little low.

I'm guessing you got economy, tow and performance tunes. For economy they would lean it out a bit, Towing would be more low end torque and performance would be richer and would have the highest highest hp and tq #'s.

The dyno tech should have gone over the sheets and explained everything to you. If i were you i would give them a call or stop by and ask them where your other run sheets are at and ask them to break it down to you. All the info from your runs should be saved on the computer. As for the time and price that will very from shop to shop.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:54 PM
VaBeachF250
New User
I'm guessing you got economy, tow and performance tunes. For economy they would lean it out a bit, Towing would be more low end torque and performance would be richer and would have the highest highest hp and tq #'s.
That's exactly what I got, 87 Octane Economy, 87 Octane Towing, and 97 Octane Performance. I am def going to call/go back up there and check out whats up with the other Dyno sheets. Will post pics of them when/if I get them. BTW tires are 34" BFG's on 18" American Racing wheels. Maybe that is the 3HP difference in my baseline vs K&N's?

Old 10-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Pili
Senior User
Originally Posted by VaBeachF250
Maybe that is the 3HP difference in my baseline vs K&N's?
I wouldn't worry about 3hp, there are too many variables. Different dynos, humidity, temp and then there are wheels and tires. You lose power from the rotating mass (taller and wider then stock tires, steel wheels, ect). A two wheel drive truck will have slightly more power from not having a transfer case to go through. Also they do best out of three run average because of those things, it gives a more accurate reading.

What K&N did was was richen it up till the power started to drop then showed the highest HP run sheet.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:30 PM
VaBeachF250
New User
I wouldn't worry about 3hp, there are too many variables. Different dynos, humidity, temp and then there are wheels and tires. You lose power from the rotating mass (taller and wider then stock tires, steel wheels, ect). A two wheel drive truck will have slightly more power from not having a transfer case to go through. Also they do best out of three run average because of those things, it gives a more accurate reading.

What K&N did was was richen it up till the power started to drop then showed the highest HP run sheet.
Haha! I was being sarcastic about the 3HP but yea if i was in the engine performance biz I think I would do what you described above too! do you know what a baseline of the 06 5.4L V8 would look like stock? Just trying to see where I'm at now vs the begging.

Quick Reply: 2006 F250SD Dyno Chart