cmanka28
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the look on the super cab

Old 03-10-2017, 10:49 PM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I like the red grill on the red truck. I also like the red behind the chrome on the red/black truck. I don't like the black surround on the red truck, but the green truck is really sharp!

Old 03-11-2017, 04:43 PM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

78: raised the front to pull off the tire. Looked for brand/model/size:

15x8s

pulled off the door panel to remove the regulator. Used a punch on the rivets, then 1/4" drilled them out
Driver side regulator
Since I'll be leaving the panel off til I replace the regulator, I cleaned up the metal finger cup and moved it to the copper truck

77: replaced the busted-up plastic finger cup. Replaced the wipers with NAPA Classic:
NAPA Classic. $8.99/each
Installed!
ordered up a new regulator. Now it's time to relax

Stone IPAs...
...on ice

Old 03-12-2017, 07:35 PM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

Activated my spare XM Radio and installed in the yellow truck. Listening to Richard Blade beats listening to Rick Dees (with commercials) any day...

And, unrelated, my dog apparently moved out. Haven't seen him since Friday night...

Old 03-12-2017, 07:41 PM
cmanka28
Senior User
Originally Posted by PapaBearYuma
And, unrelated, my dog apparently moved out. Haven't seen him since Friday night...
that sucks hopefully he finds his way back home

Old 03-12-2017, 07:57 PM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by cmanka28
that sucks hopefully he finds his way back home
Thanks for the support! As he's "gone visiting" in the past, I've gotten dozens of calls from neighbors reporting his whereabouts. This time, no calls. I think a neighbor decided to keep him. And that's fine, as long as he's well taken care of.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:10 PM
NM76F150
More Turbo
Received 192 Likes on 126 Posts
After finding a pool of gas under the truck this happened.
It's always fun laying in a pool of gas replacing the line when your tanks are almost full. The grommet where the line from the cab tank passes through the floor had worn out causing the line to abrade.
The only bonus was seeing and talking to the owner of a very nice 72 Bump at the auto parts store.

Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2017, 08:16 PM
cmanka28
Senior User
drove mine for the first time in about 6 years today, took to my shop was planning on replacing the heater core & door seals, ended up doing rear wheel cylinders & door seals. figured having good brakes was more important then heat

Old 03-19-2017, 12:25 AM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

Wrapped-up a lot of stuff today, and open another can of worms...

Finished bolting-in the new window regulator in the brown truck. A bit of white lithium grease on the track. Put the door panel back on with a new finger pull cup from NPD. It's actually a Dennis Carpenter piece, but NPD had the lowest price plus freight. Works great!

The Carter fuel pump in the yellow truck had been giving me trouble, so I ordered another one up, and installed it today. Took it for a drive, and it broke down two miles away. Dang press-on power and ground leads are secured with a clip. If they come off again, I'm gonna try to thread some nuts on the knurled studs. The old pump may not actually have been bad-I'll look at it again some time.

Drove the brown truck to Mexico to get the A/C charged up. The shop vacuumed it out, tested for leaks, and replaced the refrigerant. The technician said the compressor didn't sound right, and that I should replace it while it's still under warranty. Works better now, but I see a new compressor in my future...

Looked at the hideous gap around the radio in the yellow truck. The copper truck had a "radio bezel" so I moved it over. Works great, and my RetroSound radio looks awesome. Moved the XM antenna to the top of the roof, in the back. Ran the antenna cable down the back of the cab, under the cab, up and thru the firewall, under the dash, and into the radio dock. Went for a drive in all the cardinal directions. Works great! I'll decide later if I can live with the antenna wire that way. I probably can, as I'm really down on drilling a hole thru the roof...

Put the radio faceplate I'd been using in the yellow truck into the copper truck. Looks good. Took a file to the button for the rear view mirror to scuff the surface. Attached the button to the window with KrazyGlue. Took three tries to get it to stick. If it's still up tomorrow, I'll throw the mirror on it. If not, I'll take it to a glass shop and have them do it

Pulled the >77 steering wheel out of the 77 and applied the turn-signal cancel mod as described in the other thread. Drilled an 1/8" hole at 9 o'clock (corrected for reverse) and drove in a roll pin. Applied a vacuum cap and put it back together. Turn signals and cancel function work great!

Put gas in the 77. Again... with the Edelbrock 1411 750 CFM, it gets about 8 around town-same as the other trucks. Doesn't sound like much, but better than the 6 mpg it was getting with the emission Holley

Old 03-19-2017, 06:53 PM
dakotarider
Tuned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Brakes!

Tore into the brakes today. Started with the rear and the Lone Ranger is on jack stands! No wonder there was tons of Go but little Wohhhhe!

Old 03-19-2017, 10:02 PM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

A while back, I put an external electric Carter fuel pump in the yellow truck, and I commented at the time that I thought the wiring of the pump was stupid. Instead of wires, or threaded posts, it had knurled posts and push-on connectors. However, the leads won't stay on by themselves, and a torsion clip is included

anyway, I had forgotten about the crappy hookup and now, months later, I started having trouble with the fuel pump. I bought another one (same model) and put it in yesterday. Same posts and same crappy hookup. So I took it for a drive, and I was sitting on the side of the road three different times within two milles

so this morning, I took a look at the old pump. I was considering different options, including threading the posts. I went to Lowes, but couldn't find a tap and die set. Neither could the idiot I asked to help me.

so I returned home with a plan. I chucked-up a 1/16" bit, and drilled a hole through each post. Stripped a length of wire, and threaded it through the holes. Wrapped the excess wire around the post and soldered it up. Covered it with heat shrink tubing and reinstalled the pump. So far, it works great

Old 03-19-2017, 11:36 PM
gstirewalt
Senior User
March Performance and Vintage air Connedser installed

I finally had time to get the to get the March performance pulley system and vintage air condenser installed. Found the Alternator tensioner is too short and the hod latch post will need to modified to clear the condenser. I purchased a large condenser because we live in the Sacramento and the truck is a dark color so we want it to blow cold

Old 03-20-2017, 06:01 AM
drumgene
New User

Took it for a ride!<br/>

Old 03-23-2017, 06:34 PM
meangreen92
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts
Put on two new wheel cylinders and their lines to the junction block on the axle.
Both of my old cylinders had their rearmost pistons seized in the bore. The line fitting wouldn't come loose from the driver side cylinder, so I broke off the line, so as to be able to finagle the cylinder out without removing any shoes. (I did remove one spring.)
The passenger side fitting was seized to its line, but I had that side all the way apart, and was able to fish the cylinder and line out through the backing plate.
Then I bled them out - after realizing that my O'Reilly wheel cylinders have 10mm bleeders and not 3/8"!

Old 03-23-2017, 07:01 PM
Djstright
Senior User

I was happy to see the FedEx guy drop by.

Quick Reply: What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today?