1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

new stroker to the family!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:34 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new stroker to the family!

my buddy just picked up a clean 144k extended cab 95 f250 stroker, just got back from the test driver. black with a red 2 tone. rear tires are smoked and has no bed on it, other kid messed it up. but its got a 5th wheel and firestone air bags all brand new shocks not in yet and rides like a tank lol

glow plugs are shot and needs to be plugged in to start. interior just needs to be cleaned up to look real nice. few other mics. parts in the dash such as clips to keep it from wiggling and what not. only thing that bugged me is that he said its an aftermarket turbo that hits 45lbs of boost and no chip mind you lol so i really dont know what he was trying to get at with that...bone stock truck and deffinetly a stock turbo from the way it spools and builds boost. he said it hits 45 and it only has a 35lb guage soo... very intersting. motor sounds very tight and has the same fuel leak as mine, the crush washer on thebanjo bolt dripps.

plans for the truck are to fix the exhaust, has a 3inche dp with a 5" turn out stack welded to it with no mount! buy a bed and have the truck painted factor and to toss in a chip, new front bumper and glow plugs. im sure we will get plenty of pics of our progress. i think were starting sometime next week hopfully! this will deffinetly be a sweet truck when were done.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:40 PM
wheelie31
Senior User
i saw that truck on CL what he end up paying for it, I was thinking of going up to look at it but decided it was to far of a drive, i was thinking of putting a bed on it and reselling it,

Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rideracelivemx7
my buddy just picked up a clean 144k extended cab 95 f250 stroker, just got back from the test driver. black with a red 2 tone. rear tires are smoked and has no bed on it, other kid messed it up. but its got a 5th wheel and firestone air bags all brand new shocks not in yet and rides like a tank lol

glow plugs are shot and needs to be plugged in to start. interior just needs to be cleaned up to look real nice. few other mics. parts in the dash such as clips to keep it from wiggling and what not. only thing that bugged me is that he said its an aftermarket turbo that hits 45lbs of boost and no chip mind you lol so i really dont know what he was trying to get at with that...bone stock truck and deffinetly a stock turbo from the way it spools and builds boost. he said it hits 45 and it only has a 35lb guage soo... very intersting. motor sounds very tight and has the same fuel leak as mine, the crush washer on thebanjo bolt dripps.

plans for the truck are to fix the exhaust, has a 3inche dp with a 5" turn out stack welded to it with no mount! buy a bed and have the truck painted factor and to toss in a chip, new front bumper and glow plugs. im sure we will get plenty of pics of our progress. i think were starting sometime next week hopfully! this will deffinetly be a sweet truck when were done.
35lbs of boost, stock turbo, and NO TUNING??? think that might tell you that when you put tuning on it something really bad is happening to the turbo? LOL.

Also, did y'all feel the turbo shafts end play with this said 35lbs of boost?

Did your buddy figure out EXACTLY what size injectors are in the truck? this will need to be known for the tuner to get the programs correct. different size injectors and injector nozzles empty in different times @ different ICP and run different pulse widths.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
Travis he said that he hit 45lbs of boost lol and no we dint get to check for shaft play the truck got there from a ride from newyork lol sk it was a little toasty and it doesn't have tunes or anything and just stock sticks 49 state truck. He got it for 4g not to bad. But it deffinetly didn't hit 45lb it pulled just like a stock stroker would, I'm guessing the guage might be bad it is a glowshift guage.

Wheelie w might have a bed comming in from cl aswell, can't wait to start on the beast

Old 02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
wheelie31
Senior User
Wasnt it listed for 4k to? i just thought till i put the money into a bed then paint work plus fuel tank, i wouldnt be able to swing a profit. But to keep as a truck for your self its not bad, I would have been right after it if it was manual though, i guess abt 1500 in parts and u will have a nice truck. all matters what you pay for a bed since they range in price by alot.