Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

roalin coal

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Blueovals&Blacksmoke
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roalin coal

it needs some work i know. ive got a carboned or burnt valve but it still runs great

YouTube - Roalin coal

Old 02-06-2010, 02:35 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right, carboned/burned valve aside - 5 flats up, why??? Also, I hope that you have a pyrometer in that thing, and you're watching it like a hawk, else you may not be enjoying the smoke show much longer... And honestly I really don't understand how rolling coal is supposed to be cool - I got a truck that empty weighs more than your GCVWR and I bet I can outrun you too, yet I only make puffs of smoke upon upshifts! Oh yah, did I mention said truck of mine is also much older than yours, so it ain't like it gots the new finagled emissions technologies in it... Really man, smoke don't make you cool, but sure can get you a ticket, and you create a bad image for the rest of us in the diesel community too.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Blueovals&Blacksmoke
Senior User
well the DOT was at the weight station when i stopped to take a leak and they waved me over and they thought it was pretty cool how i have my truck set up. my truck doesnt have emissions crap. its an 85 the most it had for emissions that is now gone was the soup bowl in the air box.

yeah well im guessing you dont need any extra power. and for those of us w/out a turbo how we get extra power is to add more fuel hence the smoke. i love my truck and i love how it runs sure it could run better, all else fails i know where a 7.3 is sitting that i could throw in for 200 bucks im not too worried about it

Old 02-06-2010, 03:09 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
You didn't quite get it right - I have two trucks, a dually F350 with the n/a 7.3 IDI, and a big W900 with an old CAT and a big turbo, it was the kitty that I was talking about that despite the big power it makes at such an old age still only puffs upon upshifts. So yeah, I'm pretty familiar with your underpowered issues, and I can tell you that you're very very wrong in your understanding that adding tons more fuel means lots more power - regardless of how stupid-high amounts of fuel you dump in your engine, you can only make so much power based on the air coming into the engine, so until you find a way to feed more air in all that extra fuel is just going to a waste. Also, over fueling as heavy as you are makes for really high combustion chamber temperatures, I dunno if you were aware of this but your pistons are aluminum, I've seen pistons with holes burned in them from people doing what you're doing...

As for DOT letting you fly - they're usually after the big guys, I'm sorry but a truck like yours don't convey the message that you're well-off enough to where you can afford a decent DOT fine - so while yes your truck looks rather nice, you're probably getting away with smoking like that just cause them guys got some much bigger fish to fry. If someone gets behind you and you smoke the hell outta them they can call the cops on you, then you're at the mercy of the LEO and there ain't many of them who take easy on stupid behavior. Think about it man - how would you feel if you get behind someone who smokes as much as you, and you're stuck there for several miles? Every now and then I get that experience, whenever it was a big truck he was having turbo or injector issues, but every single time it was a pickup truck the idiot wasn't decent enough to even answer the CB and apologize for making me breathe his **** - it's jackasses like that who make people say bad things about diesels, and you do come off as a jackass like that if you smoke as much without an actual mechanical issue. You know of the 2010 emissions regulations in Cali, right? The ones that tell you to just park your over-1-ton truck if it's older than 1998, regardless of how often you use it and what you use it for - there are several other states that are developing emissions laws concerning older diesels like that, and the more heavy smokers like you there are running around the easier it will be for the pencil-pushers to justify their creations...

Old 02-06-2010, 03:26 AM
Blueovals&Blacksmoke
Senior User
thank god i live in montana then right? f**k cali. and aslong as i have MT plates i can can go any where. especially CA.

the only people i smoke out are the *******s that bright-light me for more than a mile. it dims their lights pretty good. and and FYI i usually have my foot out of it to save fuel. i still get 17 mpg with it turned up 30% over stock.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:53 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Ignorance is bliss I guess - it's good that you live away from Cali now, but their automotive stupidity is highly contagious, so how can you be sure that a few years from now MT won't have some emissions laws too? Especially if the idiots at the EPA really decide to kick into overdrive, ya know, so that everyone goes broke, uhm, I meant green. But go ahead, go to Cali and do your smoke thing, I dare ya, I'd love to see the fine CHP slaps ya with for it - obstruction of traffic can be up to $500 IIRC, and it don't matter where you're from.

As for the bright-lighters, I got a better solution - who's to say I didn't lay on the brakes cause I saw an animal about to jump out on the road? lol

But really dude, turn that pump down, you're gonna burn that motor real easy if you don't, especially since you don't have a pyro.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:40 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
Smoke is not power....Smoke is not power....Smoke is not power....Smoke is not power

Repeat!

Next

Smoke is not cool....Smoke is not cool....

Neighbor kid finally got it on his Dodge/Cummins after spending over 5 grand on broken, abused parts and wrong headed thinking.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:31 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
your on the wrong forum for showing off rolling coal lol.
there's other forums where those guys hang at.
around here,we understand its a waste of fuel and bad for the engine,and environment to boot.
not a cool thing to most of us here who work our trucks for a living,and dont want the unneeded attention from environmentalists to close our old work rigs down because some people draw to much attention such as this.it makes them look worse than how most of us have them set up as.
your not adding power like already stated.without more air,more fuel just results in more smoke,because its going unburnt and $'s flying out that pipe.
this is bad for everyone who make a living with these trucks,and bad for your engine.bad for our planet too if you care about your grandkids.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:37 AM
johnboggs21
Postmaster
Black smoke is power that you can see but cant use. Ya can keep ur IP turned up, but ya gotta find a way to stuff some more air in that motor to use that fuel. Otherwise, its just a waste.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:43 AM
WarOzz
Posting Guru
Sorry Blueovals&Blacksmoke not trying to gang up on ya but I have to agree with these guys... Most the guys around here use their trucks for daily drivers/workers... we leave the "roalin coal" to the kids in town that have dodges and parents with deep pockets.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:06 AM
rupejosh
Cargo Master
i want a diesel dragster too but lets face it im cheap and hate to spend money.loli prefer to buying huntin and fishing stuff and i cant do that if im always breaking my truck.........

Old 02-06-2010, 11:07 AM
rupejosh
Cargo Master
Blueovals&Blacksmoke we aint ganging up on ya.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:59 AM
starmilt
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Speaking for the big rigs the new laws passed and coming up in cali makes it illegal for me or anyone who owns a truck older than they like to cross there border at all.
There are other states as always going to jump on the band wagon and this is and will trickle down to light weight private vehicles. You living in montana you are undoubtly aware og the cali and greeny influx in areas already.
It has always escaped me why people leave an area because they don't like it but work to change the new area to the ways they left.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:49 PM
starmilt
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Blue oval one of the worst things that unburned fuel (besides black smoke) is that it keeps the cylinder walls washed clean and premature wear and piston scoring eventually gets it. You get the most power when you have it to where it puts out a light haze at wot. Have you modified the cold air intake and enlarged the exhaust.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:57 PM
dieselkid
Senior User
ehh rollin coal is so much fun ....

so w8 hold on a second, wut did u do? i have a turbo on my truck and u can roll coal better then me, wut did u do to ur system to increase fuel flow. i think that is one reason y my truck is getting air in the line... plus i would like to see if adding my fuel will make my turbo system act a lot better when ediots in my town cut me off... everytime some cummins trys to cut me off or anything i just roll coal in his windshield . ah and dont give me that crap about the envirment. worlds eneding 2012 so they say. so screw it, and im in texas there much worse things running in the streets then a diesel blowin a lil smoke

Quick Reply: roalin coal