New speaker & amp install for my Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:19 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New speaker & amp install for my Ranger

I took the factory door speakers out & added a set of Boston Pro 5&1/4 & tweeter. I used the front channel of my HU for the tweeters & rear for the midbass for now. It sounds good but I'm adding a Kenwood 125 per channel amp Sat. The HU clips before the speakers get loud. I have a Phoenix Gold Titanium 475 I plan to add after it gets back from PG for repairs. I'll add 2 Clarion 8inch DVC sub when I get the amp back. I have a pair of 4 nch drivers for the front I'll add when I get the pods made. I had this system in my 97 F150 with 6.5 inch mid bass drivers instead of 5&1/4. I will use the Boston Pro3 way crossovers when I finish my front stage. The sound quality of the new speakers is great. The clarity is so much better than the cheap stock 6x8. The stock locations sound better than I expected. They give decent staging which I didn't expect. I'm sure amplifying them will really help.I use the Ranger a lot now & it needed better speakers to go with the Kenwood CMP 238 hu it had when I bought it. I I like this unit. It has a front input for my MP3 player. It has good features for adjusting the sound quality too. I believe the Ranger will rock once I get the subs & PG amp installed. The best part of this install is the fact it doesn't cost anything. I have all the equipment & wiring from my last 2 trucks. I just need 2 good 10s to put in the F250 so I can pull 8 inch subs in it to put them in the Ranger. I plan to pull the jump seats & build boxes to fit the openings. I don't want to give up my space behind the seats.