Sponsored by: Moser

2010 REMOTE START

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:27 PM
jt_04
5th Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RUBICON
JUST PURCHASED a 2010 f150 supercrew 6.5ft bed 4x4 xlt 5.4 3.73 gears i so far like the truck 2 days old now it has remote start as soon as u open the door the motor kills it has a traditional key not my key dealer said this the way it works but owerner manual said it is a default setting and to turn this option off see dealer this is on page 6 ofowners manual for the remote start small white book i traded my 05 superduty with powercode remote start and it didnt work this way u started entered vehicle put key in and turned it and drove away unless u stepped on brake without key in and it killed truck if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know r a dealership that is capable of doing it so my dealership can learn from them they also said ford wired it this way on the expeditions also and they called the hotline and said ford wired it wrong something doesnt sound right but so far i like the truck
not a single period....just one long sentence. impressive, but a lot harder to read. punctuation is your friend.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:17 PM
RUBICON
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REMOTE START

[QUOTE=jt_04;8741045]not a single period....just one long sentence. impressive, but a lot harder to read. punctuation is your friend.[/QUthis thread was posted by me well over a month ago already been tard and feathered over this already someone else reposted it probably will not post anymore:-

Old 12-18-2010, 08:16 PM
jlwpac
New User
I just purchased my 2010 King Ranch 4x4 this week and had remote start put on. I had the very same problem with truck shutting down when door opened. I followed the steps above by SteveVFX4 and it worked PERFECTLY. THANKS A MILLION!! By the way, for those who don't know...the programming/override button is a small black button in a slightly larger round housing. Whole process took me 5 minutes. THANKS AGAIN!!

Old 12-19-2010, 08:49 AM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
^glad you fixed it, it is simple to do, too bad that most dealers have no clue.

In case others search and find this thread, I'll post the direct links to the files:

here's the file for the 6-button alarm and rmst system:
http://documents.codesystems.com/710617.pdf

and the file for everyone else with the 1 button rmst system:
http://documents.codesystems.com/710620.pdf

for those with 2010, use the highlighted My-Key option settings in those files. you'll see the "shutdown on door open" option setting that needs to be switched off.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

I have a 2010 Superccrew with remote start and had the same problem. Took it back to the dealer who had the installer meet me there. 30 seconds tops and he had it reprogrammed. The installers are told to set it to shut off the engine when the door opens due to the new MyKey program, but it can be changed with no problem.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:24 PM
MT-F250
Senior User
Originally Posted by jlwpac
I just purchased my 2010 King Ranch 4x4 this week and had remote start put on. I had the very same problem with truck shutting down when door opened. I followed the steps above by SteveVFX4 and it worked PERFECTLY. THANKS A MILLION!! By the way, for those who don't know...the programming/override button is a small black button in a slightly larger round housing. Whole process took me 5 minutes. THANKS AGAIN!!
I'm a little confused on how to do this. Where is this small programming button in the larger housing located?

Also I can't figure out if my remote start applies to this service bulletin

Code Systems Tech Services

Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 AM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
don't worry about that service bulletin that says the dealers can't change the Mykey settings. Instead of putting out that bulletin, I don't know why they didn't just provide the dealers with a copy of the updated programming settings.

The option setting is clearly listed in the programming file I posted and after you change that, your rmst will work like it's supposed to and not shut off when opening the door. The black program button is found along the main wiring harness for the rmst system. You have to find the rmst brain unit under the driver's side dash and search along its harness. Sometimes the button is left tucked under the steering column and you have to remove the lower plastic steering column cover to find it.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Lucius Vorenus
Junior User
My wifes Lexus does this and it drives me NUTS.

Gonna have to see if it can be changed on hers too.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:33 PM
sweet10ford
New User
Thanks for your help

SteveVFX4, I would like to thank you for your information. I went to a dealer and spent an hour there just to have them tell me that that is just how it is. That you can remote start it but then you it will dye when you open the door and I just have to start it again. I told them that makes no sense. Then I called Ford Customer Relationship Center to get a second opinion about it. Me telling them again that that mades no sense. Well they proceed to call the dealership that I went to and talk to them and then say well we have to agree with them. WHAT! I called so I could get a second opinion and you call them? Anyway, guess I feel better venting. lol

Your site suggestion worked and now all is well.

Thanks again

Old 01-24-2011, 09:26 PM
reddog515
New User
I have a 2010 F150, and recently had the dealer install the 6 button remote start with alarm. I found the instructions for the 6 button remote with security. I was able to set bank 5, option 5 to OFF, but it doesn't seem to do anything. When I unlock the doors, the engine still turns off. I tried using the key to unlock the door, and then open it, but then the alarm goes off, and the engine shuts down anyway.

So then I tried disabling the security funtion by turning ON bank 1, option 8. I then could unlock the door with the key, open it, insert the key, turn it to run and put it in drive. But when I put it in park, and pulled out the key, the engine stayed running, so that doesn't really work either. I had to hit the unlock on the remote to get the engine to shut off.

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 02-02-2011, 09:18 PM
doocrue
Junior User
I ordered my truck with the factory remote start but mine is a separate small fob that is not on the regular key fob. It is a little square fob with just the one button on it. I would like to reprogram mine to since it is annoying when the engine shuts off when the door opens.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 PM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
doocrue, just follow the link that I posted above for the 1-button system, Option Bank 2, Option 7 on page 2 of the file is what you need to change.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:06 PM
doocrue
Junior User
Thanks a bunch Steve.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:30 PM
brandon4
Fleet Mechanic
Received 282 Likes on 131 Posts
FInally got mine reprogrammed today. Dealer did it. I tried like ten times and got the options right but it honked four times cause it couldnt read the tach signal. Dealer did it for free after threatening for 20min to charge me... Love it now. Shut off the horn, fixed the door open issue, and changed button to two taps for start. I do think it is absolutly gay that ford would charge me $345 for that crappy button. I did get an Escape key to delete a fob. The down aide to sales being up is you can bet ford will always go the cheap and cheasey route. Ive owned 33 ford trucks so I know of what I speak....

Old 02-04-2011, 07:53 AM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
brandon, sounds you changed the tach mode option by accident. A few others on here did the same thing. it would have probably worked again if you changed it back to tachless (option bank 2, option 1).

Quick Reply: 2010 REMOTE START