Notices

Raptor Disaster

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 02:09 AM
carpenter547
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
basically yeah it is the purpose

yeah i agree with you it is the purpose.

heck i have broken loose in my trucks from time to time. jumped one of em about 10 foot off a railroad crossing *that was scarry bad steering 460 in front almost landed on the bumper not the wheels wound up sitting in the middle of the bench still holding the wheel * but ... my point on this new truck is.

FORD AIMED THIS TRUCK AT THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR.

and then priced it so that every tom dick and harry could afford to get it and try to live out their "inner secret baja racer walter mitty side"
that is where my complaint lies. this truck is desinged to give *metaphorical* toddlers a chance to run 'fore they learned how to walk.

most people don't build real prerunners for a reason. most prerunners you see are the desert version of lifted hummer h2's and other mall crawlers. most people start out with some form or 4x4 and go WOW this is enough for me i would kill my self with more.

ford in essence with this truck has given the idiots the idea of again driving 100 mph off road in the desert.

and again the reason i care enough about the issue to stick to my stance on it is that it affects my neck of the woods. i have already lost enough friends and one brother due to some one being given a vehicle that out performed their ability to drive it.

for the record my brother was killed in a trailor being towed by a vehicle it was way to heavy for. he was hit by an 18 wheeler.

drinking and driving= bad
cell phone = bad
this truck = bad
women drivers = bad

and i see all 4 of them interacting alot more than they should.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 AM
carpenter547
Senior User
ps

ps i included women drivers partly for humor and partly cuz they never know any thing about thier vehicles and that really really is bad.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:00 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by carpenter547
"inner secret baja racer walter mitty side"
Great reference !

I guess I'm not the only old guy on here if you are making Danny Kaye references !

Old 01-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Huck BB62
Senior User
Jeezopete, Ford builds the best Hotwheel truck to ever touch the dirt and someone's gotta come up with some lameassed weirded out reason to hate it.

If it's too much for you to handle, don't buy one.

It's not dangerous. Not even close. You haven't driven one off road so you don't have a clue so get off our zipper on this wouldja?

You're beginning to sound like Nancy Pelosi on steroids with a Ralph Nader douche to boot. Next thing you know, you'll be saying how motorcycles, guns, scuba diving, pizza and french fries should be outlawed!

Take your pantyhose off, they seem to be cutting off your circulation.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:39 PM
carpenter547
Senior User
ok you got me

you are the internet sage. 100% totally right.

funny i make an observation and people demand my sources. people dispute the information. then i provide the information i quoted from and you resort to personal attacks against me hey fine.

btw the tactic of countering facts with personal attacks and opinion is generally considered to be an admission of truth.

again i sum up and for the last time.

the truck is great in so far as what it does. ford f'ed up buy priceing them so low and advertising computer controlled and 100 mph off road.

for the record i have driven everything from 18- 2 wheels on and off of the road including several peices of heavy equitment. i have been heavy involved in "off road" recreational activities. and i happen to like my panty hoes they are comfy.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Huck BB62
Senior User
you are the internet sage. 100% totally right.

funny i make an observation and people demand my sources. people dispute the information. then i provide the information i quoted from and you resort to personal attacks against me hey fine.

btw the tactic of countering facts with personal attacks and opinion is generally considered to be an admission of truth.

again i sum up and for the last time.

the truck is great in so far as what it does. ford f'ed up buy priceing them so low and advertising computer controlled and 100 mph off road.

for the record i have driven everything from 18- 2 wheels on and off of the road including several peices of heavy equitment. i have been heavy involved in "off road" recreational activities. and i happen to like my panty hoes they are comfy.
Now that's better. You're out of inconsolably irrational mode into talking about how comfortable panty hose can be. (Old divers know all about this!)

It's a great truck and it's reasonably priced. Ain't America great?

The Raptor's not nearly as dangerous as CBR600 is to kid, nor as cheap.

The Raptor's not nearly as dangerous as base jumping, nor as cheap.

The Raptor's not nearly as dangerous as a lot of things, nor as cheap.

I've been waiting for a Hot Wheels version of an offroad pickuptruck for years and years. So have a lot of other guys my age. Life is good. Don't worry 'bout us, we'll be fine I hope.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:40 PM
carpenter547
Senior User
hell i agree alot of cheaper way to kill yourself

personally i get all the danger i need at work.

i was never inconsolably upset.

i said before the problem with the truck is that it has been engeneered for real off road *especially in my neck of the desert driving* and then given to the stupidest people alive at a relativaly cheap price.

sand trash is well sand trash and really dumb.

good sand rails cost about as much as this truck but you need a truck to tow them there thus uping the price.

good atv's still don't cost as much but lack the "i feel safe" and computer control.

my point with out getting long was just that most already established solutions to going off road have a built in limiter. this truck addressed all of them effectivly thus allowing more ***** than brain types to get out there and go nuts in my neck of the woods.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:48 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You did not back up your claims, you proved your claims wrong. You said Ford was touting the 100 MPH off road capabilities when it was actually motor trend or something wasn't it? You lost all of the little credibility we were giving you then and there. Did you bitch and moan when the Lightning came out too?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:19 AM
brian42
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
Did you bitch and moan when the Lightning came out too?
I did! No Supercab version??!!?! Some of us family guys are not allowed to buy vehicles without back seats, and Ford cut me off at the knees on that one! I don't care about their design mumbo jumbo (size, weight distribution, blah, blah, blah...), all I know is that I was discriminated against and I'm still thinking about a class action law suit !

And since my wife wears the pants, I need something to keep my legs warm and panty hose feels good against my skin !

Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 AM
carpenter547
Senior User
i will admit the error

since it is a major sticking point with you about who was making the claim i was wrong.

it wasn't ford themselves. however i maintain the stance that this truck is being marketed to the lowest .... ah the hell with it it is being marketed to you guys who i am talking to. *slaps forehead* of course you don't see what's wrong with giving flamethrowers to monkeys when you are said monkey *sheesh*

Old 01-22-2010, 11:23 AM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
since it is a major sticking point with you about who was making the claim i was wrong.
I thought so. Good to hear it from you though.

ah the hell with it it is being marketed to you guys who i am talking to. *slaps forehead* of course you don't see what's wrong with giving flamethrowers to monkeys when you are said monkey *sheesh*

Ahhh... if only there was some way the rest of us could be as competent and intelligent as you are carpenter547. We're all striving to get up from the bottom but just can't quite do it

You say you live in close proximity to where these many deaths are going to occur. Here's my challenge to you -- keep all of us morons posted on the number of deaths caused by the Raptor. Of course, we lowlifes are going to expect to see actual newspaper article links and the like.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:36 PM
carpenter547
Senior User
last post i promise

to be honest i would but and this is the kicker

so many of y'all die out in glamis that most of the time the papers around here read

"NEW FEED FOR CATTLE? GM CORN NOW IN THE VALLEY" continued on page 10.

then on page 10 you get

"valley farmers voice consern over genetically modified corn in cattle's feed continued from front page."
half way down the page you get this head line:

"20 people died in glamis this weekend quote ranger bob *i am excited this weekend went so well"

or you get these articles
" 3 people seriously injured 1 dead in this weekends deadly crash. john smith yesterday morning died in a tragic accident at glamis when he rolled over into a cannal after hitting 3 people who were subsequently air lifted to sandiego. friends and witnesses said john was a great guy and so proud of the new off road capability of his new truck."

death in the dunes here is like a mugging in new york or a cross burning in alabama or a dead puerto rican washing up at high tide in florida or a brother and sister wedding in georgia or well you get the point.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:50 PM
carpenter547
Senior User
real article for you

"People die at Glamis," said Alan Wilson, 38, of Surprise, Ariz., who said he witnessed one of the five deaths that happened over Thanksgiving: A young man on a motorbike collided with a high-powered sand rail after he had turned his head to wave at a camping area.
"He wasn't watching where he was going," Wilson said. "It definitely put a damper on things."
Also killed was a 5-year-old boy: His father hit a steep "razorback" ridge in their truck and rolled four times, throwing the unbelted youngster headfirst around the cab. His parents were charged with felony child endangerment for driving him and two other children with no safety belts, said California Highway Patrol Officer Robert Gonzalez. Several law enforcement agencies police the dunes during big weekends, with the CHP handling violations of the motor vehicle code. -- los angeles times For Riders of Dunes, True Grit--and Risk - Los Angeles Times

note sand trash is dumb enough to off road with out seat belts for their kids. yup great idea lets again give them more speed and less thinking. *apparently those who are to stupid to buckle up their kids still need to think less about what they are doing* not only is the article fairly typical but so are the accidents it reported. on a personal note i have seen a human brain as a result of foolishness out there once you see that you don't forget it.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:59 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
The toyhauler crowd has a comlplete culture about it. Unfortunately, their kids grow up not knowing anything different and continue the legacy.

That's why we stay in the State Park area (highway legal vehicles only) in Anza-Borrego, much more sane people (for the most part) and safer to explore. The formations and scenery are just breathtaking. I can't believe people are so hell-bent on racing around at top speed that they don't stop to appreciate their surroundings. Granted, they've destroyed most of it from racing around over anything they see, but the State Park is beautiful.

I would like to consider myself a "smart" off-roader. We stay in the washes and approved trails, all occupants are buckled at all times, carry about a 1/2 bed worth of tools (the other half is food, water and other supplies), always fill up the tank before heading out for the day and am always respectful of others. You can have a good time, experience nature and not be a jerk, all at the same time! Heck, I rarely go over 10mph when I'm out there. I may not always be taxing my skills (or my truck), but I've had my moments maneuvering around out there. Since it's usually Jeeps that are out on the trails, it's not always "Super Duty" ready .

Sorry for the , we now return to the regularly scheduled thread ...

Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Huck BB62
Senior User
But...

I don't believe that all that's got anything to do with the Raptor at all.

Quick Reply: Raptor Disaster