General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

kids today

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 07:56 AM
RandyJ
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kids today

Old 11-02-2002, 04:57 PM
Vampiro
Cargo Master
kids today

man kids today are starting to get under my skin. on halloween i had my xmas lights smashed on my door step. now the xmas lights arnt the issue here cause there cheap, but the thing is why do it to begin with?

and also i find it rude when walking through or past a school yard to have these kids through snowballs at me and my truck and girlfriend, swear and threaten you. these little punks have no respect anymore

has any one else noticed this or is it just me?

Old 11-02-2002, 05:19 PM
Knobby4604X4
Senior User
kids today

I bet this will be a popular issue! Kids today... We have two metal style buildings on our lot. One day, I heard a thunk above my head while I was working inside, peeked out the door and saw a boy about 11 years old throwing fist size rocks at the side of the building. I watched him throw two more and confronted him, asking why he was doing such a stupid thing. He replied that it wasn't him that threw the rocks! I then pointed out that I watched him throw two rocks, and asked again. He replied "I Dunno..." Well, I dunno either, but his momma brought him back the next weekend to pick up all of the litter on our rather large lot.
Another time, I was delivering in a house with two children in it, they were monsters! My brother was my delivery partner, and was locked out of the house twice by the little boy (8 years). The little boy's mother was not around to stop him as she was attending to the whiney sister around the corner in the kitchen. After we got the pieces in, we started to mount the mirror to the dresser and all of a sudden the lights went out! The little boy had flipped the switch. O.K., just flip the switch on again. He did it again! I politely asked him to sit on the bed while we were working, thinking it would keep him out of the way. The lights went out again and I heard a "HEY!" and a muffled thump. I quickly flipped the switch back on. The little kid had stood on the bed, reached over my brother's shoulder and turned off the light. Then the kid pulled my brother's knife out of the sheath on the back of his belt. The 'hey' was my brother and the thump was the little kid getting a 'gentle' bump with my brother's elbow to push the now knife wielding boy away. So, of course, the little boy cried to his momma that that man had hit him. We explained to the mother what happened and I to this day don't think she believes us. The store staff had experienced this bundle of joy, so they did believe us. Kids these day!

Old 11-02-2002, 06:07 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kids today

VAMPIRO where the heck do you live? the hoodlums in my area arent even that bad

i say you ambush them, camofluage nets, paint ball guns, teach them a lesson !!

BuiltToughF250

Old 11-02-2002, 06:33 PM
924x2150
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
kids today

I am 40 and recall a few times when my parents house was vandalized by kids older than me. They tore our Xmas lights down and dragged them around the neighborhood. This was in the mid-60's when there were still parents that would beat the Feces out of you. I have to admit I participated in a few snowball bombings myself, cars and trucks going down the road on a snowy night. there has always been rotten kids,and some basically good kids get into mischief also. I have some advice, don't go out and yell at those kids or chase them, that will only make matters worse. I hope the little demons got it out of their systems and leave you alone. GOODLUCK

Old 11-02-2002, 06:46 PM
red ranger
Senior User
kids today

hi vamp how are you doing..its been a while for me not being on FTE for many months.i have read your complaint on creeps trashing your property..i think you should let the police handle this and nail their butts if you can get some names and or witnesses to make a claim.yes i do here you about no respect from teens these days on their ignorance and they just dont care untill they are caught.and if they are caught and say they are sorry ...well they are only sorry when caught....i do feel bad for you and your family for what has happened and to clean up after them...it would be nice to have them do community service from the courts at your house for a month uh!!

Old 11-02-2002, 06:48 PM
JoeBob1901
Senior User
kids today

im insulted..haha, dont group us in a huge group, there are also major druggies/alcoholic kids now arent there, but there are also parents that dont set a good example for them? Most of the time isnt there a bad parenting job or troubled home life and they become "latch-key kids", not everyone is like that, so its not like its just "kids today", they have always been doing stuff, as a matter of fact-i have done a TON less to my little brother, most ive ever done is smacked him a few times, than what my grandparents and their siblings did to eachother. Like one story, my great uncle rolled my grandma down a hill in a rabbit hutch......There are alot of kids that do that, but normally its the parents fault or someone elses, and not always there's, that led them to do all of that. I know one guy that had a nice 2002 sports car, bright yellow, sitting in his drivway of his house and some vandals were trying to rip it off, so he grabbed his paintball gun, loaded it and put on the Co2, and shot the #####s, needless to say they ran like hell haha. And they were easy to find later, the ones covered w/ paint! , if anyone had tried to do anything to my house on halloween, the same result would have occured, and my paintball gun shoots 410 fps at a mediocre setting, and is pretty accurate, and i can put out a min. of 6 shots per second....they'd be feeling it, and regretting it haha.

Old 11-02-2002, 08:27 PM
JUSTOMPONIT
New User
kids today

>
>has any one else noticed this or is it just me?

OOOHHH yea I have noticed first hand.
I drive a school bus for a living.
Inbetween routes I work at the elementary school.
The little angels can be very trying at times.
The real kicker is when little Johnny is acting
up I write him up. Mommys then she comes and
watches the video and after seeing the evidence still
swears up and down that he didn't do it.

But there not all like that. (thank god)
All in all I still love my job.

Old 11-02-2002, 09:00 PM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
kids today

Don't think its too smart to shoot a paintball gun at someone!
think of the results if you put there eye out! lawsuits and what not.
you'd be in more trouble than them ,destroying xmas lights.

I'm sorry this all begins at home(parents)to loose on the reins !
yeah we all been there done that kind of thing (snowballs xmas lights ,holloween, shavingcream, eggs)

But it just seems that people ,not just kids are getting braver and braver in doing what they want when they want to do it!

Just my $.02

Rich

Old 11-02-2002, 10:27 PM
JoeBob1901
Senior User
kids today

haha, normally tehy dont put out an eye, they would just damage it haha, and i wouldnt be aiming for the head, shooting at someones feet will still scare the Edited by administration
out of them, and my gun doesnt shoot all over, its actually pretty acurate for a paintball gun, i can hit people at like 50 yards w/ some wind, and if u were doing somethign u knew u wernet suposed to, sneaking up to a car, and the alarm goes off, and u start hearing somethign shooting, ur ognna run FAST no matter if ur hit or not, and id much rather use a paintball gun to shoot than one of my shotgun/rifles/handguns.

Old 11-03-2002, 01:42 AM
RBrendel
Posting Guru
kids today

paintball guns are relatively harmless unless you actually try to kill somebody with it. i think its a better idea than pumping lead into somebody. if you mess with someones truck in texas you either get beat badly or shot

Old 11-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Vampiro
Cargo Master
kids today

as im 18 i have seen a lot of stupid things that my friends and not freinds have done. personally i don't participate in this kind of stuff.

the cops really won't get involved because here in wpg there can't catch murderers, never mind petty vandalisum

1 month ago some wise punk decided to kick my rentz storm door in and they managed to scare the daylights out of my mom. they think it's the cool thing to do, but if i was there id prolly kick them in the face about as hard as they kicked the door.

almost all of this stuff starts at home. there is a disfunctional father/son household on our bay, (the punk who broke into my truck)
cops are they at least once a month breaking up fights or takin the 16 year old kid away. never seems to work cause when the kid gets home it's back to fighting with his dad phsyically and vandalizing stuff

Old 11-03-2002, 07:56 PM
knightshield
Junior User
kids today

Wow joebob, thats quite a paint ball gun. At least 6 ***** per sec? Do you think we are stupid?

If your high beem switch is not a button on the floor you ain't got #####.

Old 11-03-2002, 08:51 PM
JoeBob1901
Senior User
kids today

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-Nov-02 AT 09:55 PM (EST)]>Wow joebob, thats quite a paint ball gun. At least 6 *****
>per sec? Do you think we are stupid?
>
>
>
>
>If your high beem switch is not a button on the floor you
>ain't got #####.

Um..im talking with a non-agitated hopper, without breaking any, thats easy in my gun....i wasnt bragging, im just saying it could lay down paint fine...its rated at 11 i believe..i dont think u just hurt my character, i think u just hurt urs by saying that..but maybe thats just me, and its a tippman 98 custom btw, and it chrono's at 410 at barrel with diablo midnight paint, and a 16 inch aftermarket straight rifled barrel..any more info u want to know? id be glad to tell u(btw its more accurate than the flatlines we play w/, and the boomstick)if u know what this means

Btw, how old r u? and are u acting it?

Old 11-03-2002, 09:03 PM
bigblu
Senior User
kids today

I think it has ALOT to do with the changes of the law. We are no longer able to spank our children in public. It is considered abuse, yadda yadda. I was never hit with a fiberglass whip, or switch (those southerners know what those are). I was smacked in the butt with a hand or belt.

Look at it now. Forget becoming doctors, people expect their children to become higher advanced than their parents now. Forget typewriters, computers are better for preparing papers.

There is so much pressure on children today, no wonder why they become DEMON SPAWN! It's the kids who have perfect upbringing that end up doing crimes.

You better believe if I caught kids doing wrong, I would take them to their parents and tell on them. One day, I caught some kids throwing our neighbors gravel at their house, and I threatened to put them over my knee if they didn't quit. Of course, they said they'd tell their mom, and I said no, let me tell them. I'm sure they want to hear what you've been doing here. Then they left.

Quick Reply: kids today