Sponsored by: DP Tuner

$99 New Windshields in Denver area

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:43 PM
firedewd
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$99 New Windshields in Denver area

There is a place in Denver selling new windshields for any American truck '88 or newer for $99 plus tax. Their "screaming deal" is good through the end of the year. Mention "Tom Martino's" consumer radio show for the deal. Company is Mile High Glass. 303-455-9552 They do this every year at Christmas. I am getting mine Wednesday afternoon. NO, I don't work for them but I have two cracks in the drivers view so I am taking a chance. Will let everyone know how it goes.

. <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->

Old 12-22-2009, 08:36 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is a great deal. Glad you were able to get this.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:06 AM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

I have a good-sized crack in mine (from a trip to Keystone last winter!!) but I'm a bit far this year. It took a number of hard shots before succumbing, but I've lived with it for a year, so maybe next year when I'm back local I'll get one. Great info though!! They're going to sell a ton!

(Note: if you've never been to CO, probably 30% of vehicles on the road have cracked windshields. Seriously.)

Old 12-22-2009, 09:21 AM
SailCO26
Senior User
That's a great deal, esp if it's decent glass. Let us know if it's OEM quality or that cheap MX caca.

(Note: if you've never been to CO, probably 30% of vehicles on the road have cracked windshields. Seriously.)
Yeah, if spend much time at all on CO highways you'll have a cracked windshield. If I can get one to last 4 years I'm thrilled! I just replaced the Jeep windshield a few months ago for something like $150, and that's a small flat sheet of glass!

Old 12-22-2009, 09:45 AM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SailCO26
That's a great deal, esp if it's decent glass. Let us know if it's OEM quality or that cheap MX caca.
For that price, cheap Mx caca.

Shops around here run that kind of specials all the time and they always use aftermarket china windshields and the cheapest urethanes.

Best of luck .............

Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by papadelogan

guilty.

That is a good deal. I have a crack that started out as a small divot from a rock that fell out of a dump truck. It took about a year and a half but is almost all the way across the windshield.

I wonder what their standard price is.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:24 AM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

My windshield has the name "Pilkington" on it - looks like a watermark. My buddy that looked the truck over before I bought it is a Ford mechanic and said that the Pilkington brand was high quality stuff, like what is used in Lincolns. It held up to some heavy shots so when I do go to replace, I'll be looking for that name again.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Knock on wood, Still have a good looking windshield on my truck but it is winter time again...

Old 12-24-2009, 11:09 PM
firedewd
Mountain Pass
Got the windshield done last night. It is the same one they charge $180 for but do this deal just at Christmas time the last couple of years. They found some rust across the top under the old windshield where a lot of glue was used to seal it. (Previous owner) They cleaned up the rust and reprimered it at no extra charge. Windshield is an OEM mold so no forcing to make it fit. It has the tint at the top but not quite as deep as I would like but that's a minor problem. Talked with the owner for a couple of minutes and he puts a lifetime warranty on the seal so I am very happy.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:46 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have seen several SD windshields cracked but I have been lucky so far but I have heard a few pops that scared me.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:18 AM
itsjustdan26
Elder User
When my girl and I bought our truck it had 3 cracks that was the entire span of the windshield. We asked the dealer to replace it they said no. So we were goin to get a windshield installed a few days after we got and made the appointment and all that when we took it into to dealer to get the oil changed, they ended up replacing it cuz they never did a safety check on it before they sold it to us. A week or two later my adjusting sleeve and connecting rod gave-way on me while drivin down the road.

Either way, a hundred dollar bill is nothing to spend on a windshield here. Im expecting to get a new again in a couple of years with the way people haul crap around here in Colorado and from bein out on the farm with the truck.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:24 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What a great deal, good for you, nice to see somebody get a break. I need one too, been needing one for a while now, soon.