Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheel aliment headache, help pls

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 07:55 PM
tbenks
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wheel aliment headache, help pls

ok so i took my tuck to sears automotive to get a wheel alignment because of how bad my front camber was, so when it was done, they told me there was no way to adjust to adjust camber, and i was like wtf? cause how could my camber be off by so much if theres no way to adjust it?, i thought these trucks had adjustable camber bushings on front solid axles? am i wrong??? thanks!

Old 12-17-2009, 08:02 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
You were wrong by taking it to the place you did.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
tbenks
Elder User
maybe....BUT it has a 6 month warranty, so if i can figure out how to adjust to the camber i can take it back and teach them how to do it lol, im just frustrated cause in my haynes manual under the camber section all it says is, this should be taken to a shop to be adjusted, so no help ther!

Old 12-17-2009, 08:19 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

And that's what their manual says too!
Those guys have no idea how to correct for sacked springs, bent beams or anything else except to replace parts in the hope to bring it back into spec.

Like I said in your other thread if you already have offset bushings installed it is easy enough, Otherwise it necessitates pulling it all apart and you might as well replace all the ball joints and universals while you have it apart.
Would you replace a clutch and not the throwout?

Old 12-17-2009, 08:26 PM
tbenks
Elder User
ok tomorrow i am going to take some pictures and you can tell me if i have ajustable camber bushings, but thanks for all your help man, btw are you coming to petes next month? id love to see another 87 there

Old 12-17-2009, 08:30 PM
rainbowATF
Senior User
I worked on a friend's truck, a 1981 F250 4x4. It had a nasty camber to it. Wheels visually tipped it at top. Truck had been worked on by a local truck expert shop boasting ASE mechanics.
I found the washers between the two lock nuts that hold the inner bearing were in backwards and the pin broken. The inner bearing was loose. A new kit (NAPA) of lock nuts and washers and new wheel bearings. Straightened those wheels right up.
But I agree there should be camber bushings. Use another alignment shop. I stay away from Sears and NTB around here. Too much negligent work and BS.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:32 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Originally Posted by tbenks
ok tomorrow i am going to take some pictures and you can tell me if i have ajustable camber bushings, but thanks for all your help man, btw are you coming to petes next month? id love to see another 87 there
But, I don't have a weasel...

Well, I DO have a floor pan and door sill to install. ?
My brother lives right up the road and I'd be willing to pitch $20 into Pete's MIG tank (or bring my own welder)
I will have to see if I have any work that day...