6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

EGR delete from Preimer Diesel Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 PM
gunnarGSD
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
EGR delete from Preimer Diesel Performance

Has anyone had any experiance with the EGR delete kit from this company? I have looked on their website but it is not very informative. I am looking to do a EGR delete and the shop I am looking at said that they use their kit. I have another shop that uses the Liberator, but that is 1 1/2 hours away. Thoughts anyone?

Old 12-03-2009, 06:09 PM
devildog12210
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the kit that is on my truck. I can't tell you much about it though. I know I am leaking coolant out the back of my engine now near the EGR cooler area. Shop put it in. I am regretting it now though.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 PM
MoyockPowerstroke
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by gunnarGSD
Has anyone had any experiance with the EGR delete kit from this company? I have looked on their website but it is not very informative. I am looking to do a EGR delete and the shop I am looking at said that they use their kit. I have another shop that uses the Liberator, but that is 1 1/2 hours away. Thoughts anyone?

What kind of quotes did you get from these two shops....contemplating on whether I DIY or have DIFM?

Old 12-03-2009, 08:20 PM
gunnarGSD
Mountain Pass
This particular shop wants 8 hours @ $98/hr and I think it was $700 for the kit. Other's wanted $600 and 7 or 10 hours. The shop with the liberator was $590 plus 7 hours. Keep in mind these are Canadian dollars.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:48 AM
dieselnewbie
New User
Don't Do it

This particular shop wants 8 hours @ $98/hr and I think it was $700 for the kit. Other's wanted $600 and 7 or 10 hours. The shop with the liberator was $590 plus 7 hours. Keep in mind these are Canadian dollars.
There were two kits i chose between, liberator or River City Diesel. Both are fine products and well made. If i had to do it over again I would have installed the upgraded cooler and purchaces a turned (SCT). If your don't have to replace the cooler for leakage then just use the tuner to deal with EGR valve operation. Since i installed the kit the truck has not acted very well running very rich, now 7.5 miles to the gallon. Breaking the connections at the turbo will just create leaks. I am about to go back to EGR valve with the upgraded cooler. Quite frank i am pulling my hair out. If your truck is newer than an 05 you have to buy the a tunner, but just for the EGR cooler delete kit you should not have to pay more than 450.00. Easy enought to do it yourself just be patient. Any questions just holler.

Dave

Old 12-04-2009, 08:47 AM
gearloose1
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am inclined to put in a stealth EGR delete kit (a metal plate).

$20, easy to do, and will pass a cursory inspection.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:15 PM
dieselnewbie
New User
Gearloose1

Gearloose1 at the bottom has the best idea, if you do not have to replace EGR Cooler due to leaking this is the route to take. Effectively does the same as the full kit for a fraction of the price.

Dave

Old 12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
DieselBeast
Junior User
hey guys, unplugging the egr by the intake will keep it from opening it's free but will set the check engine light off.also you can check out elite-diesel i have an egr delete pipe and block off plate... and a buddy of mine has their complete egr delete kit.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:56 PM
gunnarGSD
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by dieselnewbie
Gearloose1 at the bottom has the best idea, if you do not have to replace EGR Cooler due to leaking this is the route to take. Effectively does the same as the full kit for a fraction of the price.

Dave
Well that is what I am trying to avoid by deleteing the EGR and cooler alltogeather is it leaking and leading to other costly repairs ie. head gaskets. I tow a 40' fifth wheel during the summer that grosses about 13,000 lbs when fully loaded and I am concerned about getting stranded someplace. So it is more of a preventative measure and peace of mind for me.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:47 PM
dieselnewbie
New User
BulletProof Cooler

Well that is what I am trying to avoid by deleteing the EGR and cooler alltogeather is it leaking and leading to other costly repairs ie. head gaskets. I tow a 40' fifth wheel during the summer that grosses about 13,000 lbs when fully loaded and I am concerned about getting stranded someplace. So it is more of a preventative measure and peace of mind for me.
When i installed the EGR Cooler bypass kit, it had me remove the Egr valve. Doing this has put the truck into a safe mode. Running very rich. Most important thing is to make sure you can leagally remove the system, I live in Alaska so not an issue here. On this 04 ford that the kit is installed on it was only suppose to give a soft code, my scanner is picking the deletion up as a continuous DTC. I would put in this Bulletproof Upgraded cooler and shut the EGR valve down using a SCT tuner. Or Delete the Egr cooler, install straight up-pipe that will come with kit, and install Turbo back 4" exhaust, then use tuner for desired settings. If the truck i installed the delete kit on was mine, i would do the ladder. May be a little noisier but that sucker will breath.

Dave

Old 12-29-2009, 09:23 AM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most important thing is to make sure you can leagally remove the system, I live in Alaska so not an issue here.
I'm not sure you can "legally" remove emissions equiptment from a vehicle anywhere in the U.S. Maybe Alaska is different? My plan, when I'm done procrastinating over it, is to do the stealth delete. AFAIK thats the same as welding in a freeze plug in the end of the cooler so everything "appears" to be there and functioning.