Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:54 PM
ocrush
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you pull up to a drive through and the college age condecending brainwashed kid snidely asks you how much gas you use, and you respond with a smerk on your face, "none I use 100% biodiesel, make 80% less emissions, can carry 8 comfortably, 4X4, tow 12K and much safer for family God Bless America" and he slinks away defeated on every level..Yep its uses less fossil fuel and pollutes less than your Prius or Smart car!!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:18 PM
ke6zmy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you let me know more about the remote start?

And, to keep in the spirit of things, you know you drive an Ex when the highway patrol waves you past the cars parked on the side of the road during a blizzard. And you don't have chains.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:51 AM
lovestrucks
Elder User
you know your driving an Excursion when you feed the V10 $2,000 worth of gas a month

Old 12-16-2009, 06:41 AM
katiesdad7
Elder User
WHen you park next to a regular car with the flower on the antenna (seniors in florida do this so they can find their car) and know the old folks will never find their car again. :-)

Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 AM
TYZ78F150
Elder User
Originally Posted by 5280
when your wife thinks you have gone crazy because you are spending countless hours on FTE learning more and more about your Ex.
I'm with stupid!!

Old 12-16-2009, 08:40 AM
housedad
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
And I'm hanging with you stupid guys too.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 AM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
You know your driving an Excursion when:

you drive past a Rav4 on the interstate with the roof rack FULL, pulling a small enclosed trailer, that has a REAR receiver hitch with a hitch cargo carrier stacked up with supplies....... and you can fit everything they are carrying in your rear cargo area, PLUS all the kids.

your wife is picking out excursion in parking lots to replace her minivan with......hhmmm (speak from experience on that one)

the lady next to you at the gas pump brags about her hybrid having 2000 air bags and she traded her suburban in on the cash for clunkers..... and you respond with "cool, lets have a head on crash, and you can hope your 2000lb car and air bags are enough to with stand 8000lbs of steel and momentum". her only response is, "well ....SO"

your buddy tells you " you know you have more cylinders in your drive way, than most people have in 5 cars (2 v10's, one in the Ex and one in the F250), and yours can actually serve a purpose.

when a fellow Ex owner pulls up to you in Wal-Mart and parks next to you, and you both get out and all you have to do in smile and nod at each other.

you pass a couple in a parking lot and say "nice EX" and the guys WIFE knows that your talking about the truck, and gives you the thumbs up.

your over at a friends house, talking trucks, and you keep saying "My EX" and the only guy that asks if you were married before is the guy with a camry.

you go to a kids b-day party and park next to your friends new (to them) 07 tahoe, and it disappears behind the EX.

your old boss asked to use your EX to pick up potential customers from an air port because his Durango isn't big enough..... and i tell him it's not a company vehicle, but i'll let you RENT it for the day....... AND HE CUTS YOU A CHECK!!

Old 12-16-2009, 11:46 AM
scottf4444
Elder User
Originally Posted by TeamMudd
You know your driving an Excursion when:

you pass a couple in a parking lot and say "nice EX" and the guys WIFE knows that your talking about the truck, and gives you the thumbs up.

your over at a friends house, talking trucks, and you keep saying "My EX" and the only guy that asks if you were married before is the guy with a camry.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:31 PM
TurnerBioDiesel
Junior User
Originally Posted by sniperscoutwill
You know you drive an Excursion when the truck you are pulling out of the snow has a Peterbuilt emblem on the hood, a 525 Cummins under the hood, a 13 speed, and the driver says "Wow! I didn't think you would be able to get me out. Thanks!"
You to. Thats great! LMAO

Old 12-16-2009, 03:55 PM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
i speak from experience on those....... the guy in passing was at good ol Wal-Mart, he had a black limited on about 3-4" lift and some decent tires...... walked by as him and his wife were loading stuff in the back and said "nice EX" and his wife smiled and gave me the thumbs up, he was like, "thanks man" and we kept walking.

as for the b-day party, there was 3 SD's my EX, the tahoe i mentioned, and the camry..... we kept talking trucks, lifts, tires, gears, gas, diesel ect..... and i kept calling mine the "EX" and he was like....... "you never mentioned being married before, who's your EX??" man we all lost it, one of our other friends was like "NO his truck is an Excursion, EX for short"....... whew that was a gut buster, lol!

Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,166 Posts
When you turn the corner and all the kids at the bus stop pick up their book bags.

You realize automatic car washes come in different sizes.

It took a week to find something that was 'lost' during a long road trip.

Its the only vehicle the Yellowstone Bison will yeild to!

You can feel the rage from the Prius owner when you lay rubber while belching dark, black smoke from the tailpipe! (even though it smells like french fries )

It takes two Honda's to equal the same MPG/passenger.

If your new oversize tires are fully inflated, ya might not fit into your garage. (find out soon...)

Adding an aftermarket front bumper may make your truck too long for the garage.

The kids school always asks if you'll drive on feild trips - and take 'a few' kids, the coolers, the lunches, most of the other supplies, etc - and there's still plenty of room. (they like the free fuel bit too)

Sometimes you wonder how many cows did it take to make all of that leather?

Great thread y'all. When is the next Excursion Anonymous meeting? Hi, I'm Jason. I got caught staring out the window at my X again today...

Old 12-17-2009, 02:29 AM
tims01
Elder User
OMG I HAVE DONE ALL OF THESE AND YES IM GETTING A PRIUS STICKER MADE FOR THE ENTIRE BACK WINDOW CAUSE I NEED GAS LOL

Old 12-17-2009, 07:46 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,166 Posts
You are fearful when off-roading with your buddies, because the next biggest truck only weighs 1/2 as much!!! Who's gonna pull YOU out if ya get stuck?

When the towtruck got stuck pulling the neighbor out of the ditch, he was able to use your Excursion as an anchor to winch himself out. (almost forgot about that one!)

You realize the floor jack you already owned is not big enough anymore...

You had to buy an oil drain pan that can hold 4 gallons of oil!

Old 12-17-2009, 08:19 AM
myblkex
Senior User
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
When the towtruck got stuck pulling the neighbor out of the ditch, he was able to use your Excursion as an anchor to winch himself out. (almost forgot about that one!)
lmao -- When you have to Clearly state to the person on the other end of the phone that this is an Excursion and that they MUST bring a Flatbed that won't have the wheels come 4' off the ground when trying to lift you - don't even think about bringing a regular tow behind winch Tow Truck - been there - done that

Old 12-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 290 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by myblkex
lmao -- When you have to Clearly state to the person on the other end of the phone that this is an Excursion and that they MUST bring a Flatbed that won't have the wheels come 4' off the ground when trying to lift you - don't even think about bringing a regular tow behind winch Tow Truck - been there - done that
Had to tell AAA that twice! She insisted that a normal tow truck is fully capable of handling the weight of an Excursion. After laughing and talking to her supervisor, they sent me a flatbed....

Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....