Sponsored by:

which Lights for Buckstop bumpers? need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
which Lights for Buckstop bumpers? need opinions

Well, It is only a week untill I make a mountain of orders of stuff for my 2005 Excursion. I thought that I would ask this question here. I posted in the Excursion section but no replies.

One thing is the Bumpers.

I'm ordering a Buckstop classic with the standard 6 inch buckets and the two 4 inch light buckets.

EXAMPLE PIC:

BUCKSTOP Truckware - Heavy Duty Winch Bumpers for Ford F250, F350, F450, F550, Excursion Trucks

Question is, I don't know what to put in there. I have no experience with any of the lights available. I know I want some fogs, so maybe they would go in the 4 inch holes, aside from that, I don't know. Should I go for floods or spots or what? I've seen the offerings from PIAA, and they look nice, such as the 520's and the 510's. but I don't know squat about which bulbs for what use.

BUCKSTOP Truckware - Truck Lights, bumper lighting Lights offered by Buckstop

PIAAlights PIAA lights

The rear bumper takes two 4 inch lights, also. That would be great for the rear. Again, which lights?

Use of the truck is for towing a travel trailer mostly. I have been stuck with trailer before and the $500 plus tow bills get to be a real pain. The lights would come in useful when parking/spotting a trailer. I also take my trailer offroad occasionally to park in the woods.

Hoping the winch (and some ARB lockers) will help me out.

Thanks,

Bion. <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->
2005 EXCURSION!! XLT V10 Silver Heated trailer mirrors. Added Hood/window deflector, Firestone airbags/onboard air, Helwig swaybar, Prodigy, underhood liner and light, V's and Modded B's, Bilsteins, Procomp stabilizer, Landyot genIV, Curt front reciever, 4.30 axles, C-Betr mirrors, Factory fogs, door lights, 3 gauges, ashtray(no hook).
<!-- / sig -->

Old 11-23-2009, 07:38 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
I spent several hours pouring over the net, and I hopeI have it now. I will go with two 6 inch buckets on each side.

One pair of PIAA 520 ion crystal white fogs, one pair of 520 ATP's, (or just 2 pairs of ATP's) and a pair of PIAA compact 1400 fogs (White) located inside the outer sides of the vent holes. The 1400's would be wired to the OEM fog light harness.

If anyone knows a better set up, please chime in. I am a real novice on the pick of the lights.

Bion

PIAA

Old 11-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Prozon
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you will be relatively happy with what you have chosen. My friends dad has the same lights.