Check this out

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:52 PM
thumper869
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check this out

hay balein mishaps picture by tylcthar - Photobucket

was balein hay yesterday after noon and right about dark was when this bale was created. apparently the sensor on the baler that is supposed to tell the baler to start tying when the bale inside the bale chamber reaches the size i set it at and sends a signal to my in cab monitor to turn on a light letting me know its tying never got engaged. so i just kept building my bale and keepin an eye on the baler in the mirror to make sure it didn't clog up or lock up. then i saw a belt break and before i could get the baler shut down the belt got sucked into the rollers and bogged the tractor down.

anyways i opened the hatch and kicked the bale out and spent the next 1.5 hours cutting the broke belt out of the rollers. ended up tying a loop in the longest piece of belt sticking out and took a lift strap tied a clinch around the belt hooked it to buford and jerked it out. was kinda mad about the belt but more mad that i didn't get a chance to tie the bale that thing is massive.

i'm six foot tall and the bale is prob a good foot or so taller than me. i think i figured out what broke the belt now. but still ain't figured out why the tying arm sensor didn't engage.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:53 PM
thumper869
Senior User
the bale me and the tractor are all on level ground in the picture

Old 11-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm surprize it was able to come out the baler; and not break / cause more damage.

Mitch

Old 11-05-2009, 10:19 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Dang it man. How did that thing make it out! If the sensor missed that bail, it's F'd.lol

Old 11-05-2009, 11:03 PM
thumper869
Senior User
i'm still not sure how it made it out. i haven't really dug into the bale chamber yet to find the arm that trips that sensor but i aim to.

yea it was a chinese fire drill with the doors welded shut gettin the baler ready to go again. when i get home from college for winter break i'm gonna tear into the baler and fix that problem especially. but also gotta redo pretty much all the hydraulics on it from the tongue back. and it needs new belts but i'm gonna jerry rig the ones i can and hope like heck it works.

that baler was FUBARED last night. another fine example of john deere's wonderful equipment.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:44 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow now thats a BALE, I think the 135 massy could handle that thing with ease just need a little weight on the front...

I am surprised as well that thing didn't do any more damage then it did. What size tractor did you have to not feel that big ol' feller in there? I do have to say I would like to see the responses when you put 7x8 bales out in the paper LOL.

GOod luck on getting her fixed up!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:44 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jdecker88
I would like to see the responses when you put 7x8 bales out in the paper LOL.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
thumper869
Senior User
i was runnin the baler with a j*** d***** 5425 its about 90 horses or summin like that. it would be runnin bout 130 but its still under warranty so i ain't took a wrench to it yet. she never bogged down any til the belt that broke got sucked into the rollers. and the baler was a 530 made by the same company.

i'm not a fan of them i'm a case ih guy my dad is the one that likes the green ones. i didn't buy either the tractor or the baler i just use em to bale hay and stuff around the farm. can't really afford to buy equipment right now since i'm paying for college.

and ironically i work as a part time mechanic at a green dealership while i'm at college. i tell all of em its cause i couldn't find a job workin on red ones, they don't break down enough hahahaha

Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Originally Posted by thumper869
i was runnin the baler with a j*** d***** 5425 its about 90 horses or summin like that. it would be runnin bout 130 but its still under warranty so i ain't took a wrench to it yet. she never bogged down any til the belt that broke got sucked into the rollers. and the baler was a 530 made by the same company.

i'm not a fan of them i'm a case ih guy my dad is the one that likes the green ones. i didn't buy either the tractor or the baler i just use em to bale hay and stuff around the farm. can't really afford to buy equipment right now since i'm paying for college.

and ironically i work as a part time mechanic at a green dealership while i'm at college. i tell all of em its cause i couldn't find a job workin on red ones, they don't break down enough hahahaha
I like that. ^^^

Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by thumper869

I'd like it too if IH still had the factory open in Memphis - and I worked there!