Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

any get togethers in the area

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 01:40 AM
davido
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wanted to know if there was anything going on with the new chapter in the future

Old 06-06-2002, 10:05 PM
rogerf100
Elder User

RogerF100
'55 F100

Hi, just wanted to say welcome to the Oklahoma Chapter of the FTE site. No plans have been made as yet for a get together. Anyone have any ideas of where and when we could get together? Maybe we could drive our trucks to somewhere like a Sonic or other restaurant. There is a A&W Rootbeer hear in SW Oklahoma City that I see classic cars gathered at from time to time. Any suggestions out there? Maybe a park for a cookout would be good.

Old 06-08-2002, 09:26 PM
iamtherunt
New User
Post any get togethers in the area

I sure wish you had asked this question a week or two ago. This weekend is the "Small Town Weekend" in El Reno.

There is a car show with legal burnouts and lots of other activities.

Tommorrow is the last day. Sorry I didn't think to post this.

Old 06-10-2002, 10:33 PM
rogerf100
Elder User

RogerF100
'55 F100

There is a Shelby Mustang event in the Tulsa area that includes an all Ford carshow/swapmeet and drag racing at Hallett Racing Circuit. The event runs from 13 Jun to 16 Jun. All Fords are welcome.

Directions to the car show/swapmeet

Hallett Racing Circuit

Hallett, OK...918-583-1134...1.8 Mile, 10 turn
road course...SCCA, IKF Karts,
COMMA Sports Cars, Legends,
Bandeleros...From Tulsa, take Route
64 (Keystone Expressway) to Hallett,
take US 99 south to track. Or, from
I-44 take exit 6 west on US 64 to
Hallett (approx. 38 miles) south on SR 99.

Old 06-11-2002, 07:33 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world

hey roger, i think the races are at hallet, the show and swapmeet is usualy at 71st and lewis in tulsa.great show, pretty good swapmeet. sometimes they have drags at the strip north of tulsa. always a few pickups and older cars besides mustangs. lottsa good parts usualy too. figured i would take myself for my birthday. kinda fun counting the cars that are older than i am. only takes one hand tho.

Old 06-11-2002, 07:37 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world

one last thing, it is free to the public. anybody comes up, look for a green econo pickup in the parking lot, then look for the old guy with the long hair, with a cigerett hanging outa his mouth, with an econo t shirt on. dont goose him, just come over and say hi. might even show you my econo.

Old 06-13-2002, 06:36 PM
iamtherunt
New User

Is anyone else going? If I can get away from work I am planning on going. Look for a red and white 77 F-150 XLT (has a 79 grill). I'm a big guy and will be wearing my Club FTE t-shirt.

Old 06-13-2002, 08:20 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world

hey iamtherunt, or how about runt, it is a whole lot easier to type. are you going to the races or the show and swap meet? i will be at the show on sunday, probably be there about 9;30 or 10;00. anybody else going? lottsa good stuff to see. even some good parts. even a few honeys to make the day go by, even for an old man.

Old 06-13-2002, 08:57 PM
rogerf100
Elder User

>hey roger, i think the races are at hallet, the show and
>swapmeet is usualy at 71st and lewis in tulsa.great show,
>pretty good swapmeet. sometimes they have drags at the strip
>north of tulsa. always a few pickups and older cars besides
>mustangs. lottsa good parts usualy too. figured i would take
>myself for my birthday. kinda fun counting the cars that are
>older than i am. only takes one hand tho.

RogerF100
'55 F100

I emailed the contact person for the event and here is his reply

"the swap meet runs all four days, Saturday at the drag strip is usually the best followed by Sunday at the car show and Friday at Hallet raceway, the actual show will be Sunday morning in the parking lot of the Southern Hills Marriot Hotel, its at 71st street and Lewis Ave., sorry i didn't get back to you yesterday, i unpluged my modem due to the severe weather coming in and didn't check it until tonight."

Hope this clears up where to go on what day.

Old 06-13-2002, 11:21 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world

anybody need directions email and i will give them to you. just need to know where you are coming from.

Old 06-13-2002, 11:23 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world

would helpto know where you wanted to go. my email might help too, huh.

jimbare2(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Old 06-15-2002, 07:31 PM
iamtherunt
New User

Hey Jim
Runt is fine. The only reason I used IAmTheRUNT is because Runt was already taken.

Sorry, I'm not going to make it to the car show. I couldn't get off work this weekend on such short notice. Hope to catch you at the next car show.

Tuesday night at the State Fair Speedway, The World of Outlaws will be there. I'll be sitting in general admission inbetween sections A & B, above the tunnel. I'll be one of the 2 big guys in overalls.

Old 06-16-2002, 10:44 PM
rogerf100
Elder User

RogerF100
'55 F100

Went to the Drag Races on Saturday at Tulsa. Lots of cars and trucks in several catagories were running in bracket races. Would you belive a full size Edsal Ranger setup for bracket racing? It was there and won. Also saw a 1957 Fairlane running a 312 with the new aluminum 4 barrel intake and an original McCulloh turbo charger.

Got to see a show room condition 57 Fairlane running power steering and A/C so I now know how the belts will go on my project engine.

Lots of Ford SVT cars on display. Even the new SVT Focus. Swapmeet was not as big as I expected, but after you have been to Carlisle everything else seems small.

Really enjoyed the races. Lots of Lightning pickups and Mustangs. A few older cars like a 55 Fairlane. Really had a good time with my son-inlaw.

Old 06-18-2002, 12:44 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster

Yep, that all Ford Mid-America meet at the drags was fun. I didn't see any other FTE shirts around though. If my restored 78 F150 wasn't running the stock un-rebuilt trans I would have been very tempted to put her on the track. But I'll have to wait until my 50 F1 is done before getting on that drag strip. Ya, that swap meet was tiny compared to Carlisle. There are some very potent Lightnings on the road. Whomever owned that white early 90's body style was spanking the competition.*(until he broke out of his set time.) It was something else seeing that dragster using alcohol and nothing but motor to pull just over 7 secs on that track. AAaahhh. I love speed and the smell of burning rubber. All in all I had a good time with my father-in-law. We'll have to make it back up to Carlisle for the next All Ford Swapmeet and Truck show!!!

Old 09-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Willie
Senior User
Post any get togethers in the area

For those that may not know this. One of if not the best car show I've been to in Oklahoma is the Fall festival at Robbers Cave in Wilburton, Oklahoma on the 3rd weekend of October every year. Check it out on the link to Texas and Oklahoma Car Shows on my personal site at: http://www.octm.com/dane/index.htm
Dane (sixt5)