Power Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:29 AM
jvarnadoe
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Window Problem

First off let me say, this is my first post and this website is awesome. I've learned a lot off of here.

I've got an issue with my passenger side power window. I have a 2004 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab. The motor on the passenger side window will let down but will not go back up.

Yesterday I took the door apart and pulled the motor out of it. I bought a brand new motor and plugged it in. I didn't reattach it back to the regulator. I wanted to make sure it worked before I put it back in the door. Anyways, it will go down but will not go up. It's like it's not getting any signal from the switches. So at that point I figured it had to be a switch. I unplugged the passenger side switch and tried to let it up from the driver side, no go. I unplugged the driver side switch and plugged the passenger side switch back up. Still no go. I'm at a loss on this. All of the power windows and the moon roof run off one 30 amp breaker. Anyone got any idea's? I don't know what else to do except take it to the dealership which I would rather not do for a small electrical problem.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:35 AM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Check voltage at the switch. When pressing up dose it put out anything. You may have a short from the mortor to the relay. Or maybe that side of the relay is bad. I would chase the wires. Start at the switch and see if it is sending anything out from there go to the next connection point. GL

Old 10-26-2009, 08:41 AM
jvarnadoe
New User
I'll give that a go. I'll post as soon as I get time to check it out. Thanks for the help. I didn't realize that there were relays as well. I'm guessing they are under the dash as I didn't see any in the door when I had it opened up yesterday.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:11 AM
texans
Postmaster
Yeah there should be some in the fuse box I bleave. No problem let us know what you find out.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Franklin2
Received 1,717 Likes on 1,388 Posts
I don't have a 2004 diagram, but usually no relays are involved with the power windows except the driver's side one touch relay. The switches in the doors switch the polarity to the motor, making it reverse direction.

Here are some diagrams from autozone.com. If you want to see all of them, go to their site and register. Then plug in your vehicle and click on repair info, and then wiring diagrams.

AutoZone.com Repair Guide Image)

AutoZone.com Repair Guide Image)

Old 10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
texans
Postmaster
Good to know I thoght I remeberd replacing relays. Guess not I think I was thinking of the am door locks I put in in the past. Still start chasing wires and find where the problems at.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:57 AM
marktaylor
New User
I think there might be some wiring problem...it is needed to be checked...and it will be alright

Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 AM
jvarnadoe
New User
I'm going to take some time this coming Saturday to try and find the problem. I've been busy the past few weeks with various things. I'll post sometime Saturday what I find. Thanks everyone for the insight.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:14 AM
xl01sport
New User
I'm, having the same issue, What was the problem?

Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
jvarnadoe
New User
I havent figured it out. I think its the switch on the drivers side that is the problem. To be honest I've just gotten used to not having it work that I havent given it much more thought.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:08 PM
xl01sport
New User
Ok, thanks. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:00 AM
Hanks other son
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have a simular problem in that it's elec. in nature

my friends "08" lariat was coming up with dead battery if not driven regularly, 8/ 9 days it would be dead. so for the last 2 weeks i have been starting it maybe take it to the store and all seemed good, yesterday jumped in and front pass. window wouldn't work no up no down, other than that truck ran fine. this morning i take it into town about 80 miles away and drivers window not working. as i driving along listening to the radio i turned on my parking lights { kind of foggy out} when i did this the lights on the radio went out even though its still playing my song, so i turn the lights off and the radio lights come back on. so i tried a load test turned on head lights, heater, truck never missed a lick, but no radio lights and now the cruise control shut off on it's own. so i shut off head lights, heater, and left the cruise off. now i hear what sounds like a couple relays clicking and i mean clicking. i shut off the radio and starting breaking to pull into the rodeo grounds to check this out but when i applied the brakes clicking went away. i take it into town napa checks alternator putting out 14 plus volts at idle battery 12 plus volts, put it under load 14 plus. the rest of the day same as before with the radio lights, but the cruise workd fine. the battery is top of the line but it's also from '03' and i assume the alternator is stock so it must have 110000 on it, i just hate throwing parts at a problem. any suggestions or ideas what i might try, this is by far the newest pickup i have ever messed with and i might need a little coaching thanx

Old 04-20-2018, 05:59 AM
Franklin2
Received 1,717 Likes on 1,388 Posts
Sounds like a classic grounding problem. I am not sure where they grounded the cab in 08 though. All the older trucks, they had a ground strap going from the back of the engine(usually a bellhousing bolt) to the firewall.

Old 04-25-2018, 02:09 AM
Hanks other son
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i was thinking the same thing, until i pulled the pos battery cable to clean as it had the tiniest fraction of corosion after cleaning and reinstalling i tried the windows, pass. side went down and almost all the way back up drivers side went up and down 3 times that was it. so im wondering if there is some sort of controller kind of like a relay but smarter i think when i cut the power it reset itself. i didn't try unhooking power again to test my theory as i was out of time. but i think when i get more time i will. thank you for the reply