How 2 replace a Multi Function Switch? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

How 2 replace a Multi Function Switch?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
How 2 replace a Multi Function Switch?

Hi all again! I have a buddy (same as the Olds) who has a 97 Ranger and we need to replace a Multi Function Switch. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/89...rn-signal.html . Anyone know how to do this? OR where to start? We found 1 at Auto Zone for 60 bucks but we haven't tackled it yet...(maybe later in the week).
Thanks
COPE
P.S. I am happy that I have been asking about my friends vehicles lately and not mine.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
I've seen a How too on FTE someplace.
Wish I knew.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
I have seen them four our trucks but I haven't seen the breakdown for the "wind up Rangers", lol, J/K
Old 10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Post Fiend

95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.
In the ranger forum I saw a write up about this. It was more of the phantom wiper syndrome though. It didn't look to hard though. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Post Fiend

I did a quick search of phantom wipers, thanks. I don't think it will be that bad. We will get the part, breakout the Oxy/Acc, wheel puller and impact wrench and of course the BFH. We will make it fit!
I am sure it can't be too difficult, I was just tryen to get a heads up. Thanks all
Old 10-19-2009, 05:39 PM

Action4478 has a superb reputationAction4478 has a superb reputationAction4478 has a superb reputationAction4478 has a superb reputationAction4478 has a superb reputationAction4478 has a superb reputationAction4478 has a superb reputationAction4478 has a superb reputationAction4478 has a superb reputationAction4478 has a superb reputationAction4478 has a superb reputation
On our same vintage Exploders , the cover is in two pieces ,& I didn't have to remove the ignition. With a tilt I believe you have to remove the handle . Once the covers are off ( 3 or 4 screws in from the bottom)IIRC , the switch is held in with 2 screws, takes about 10 minutes
Old 10-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Post Fiend

Swat I wanted to ear! Tanx Action!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Post Fiend

95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.95_Dually has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copedawg View Post
We will get the part, breakout the Oxy/Acc, wheel puller and impact wrench and of course the BFH. We will make it fit!
ROFL.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_Dually View Post
ROFL.
Thank you!, I'll be here all night *rim shot* Don't forget to tip your waitress.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Post Fiend

Too funny!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:02 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

DZL JIM has a great reputation on FTE.DZL JIM has a great reputation on FTE.DZL JIM has a great reputation on FTE.DZL JIM has a great reputation on FTE.DZL JIM has a great reputation on FTE.DZL JIM has a great reputation on FTE.
Here's how to do one on an OBS, maybe the same?

Switch
Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 AM
Post Fiend

Thanks JIM. We will see this weekend. Thanks for the link and the write up!