Join Chapter, Leader: sky Cowboy

Where do you get your vehicle serviced.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Totoro
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do you get your vehicle serviced.

Aside from some of the do it yourself stuff, where do you take you vehicle to get serviced? Dealerships? Chain stores (Fountain Tire, Goodyear etc)? Independant shops? etc?

I'm looking for a balance of reliable and affordable service options, especially in the lower mainland. Recommendations? Horror Stories?

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
I do all my own stuff. All of it.

Being in Princeton I don't think I could recommend any one down there. I thinks sometimes it's pretty tough to find someone you can trust.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
J_E_Summit
Postmaster
Depends, I have been taking my truck in to the dealer for regular services because I just don't have time, and they can do it for the same price as I can buy the oil and filter

I do my own air/fuel filters, rotate tires . . . etc.

I have only had one non warrenty problem and it involved the dealer's body shop (only trustworthy body shop in this small town).

The ford dealer up here has a pretty good service department, but the parts department is a bit of a let down. There is also a couple of local shops that are really good and my truck will see them for any work that I can't do, after the warrenty is off.

Ok, my fingers are sore from typing now

Old 10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
rob188
Elder User
for all the regular maintenance on my 07 f150 i did myself and it was under warranty so any issues i had i took it to the dealer i bought it at, same goes for the 08 escape i just purchased from the same dealer, any warranty stuff goes wrong on it then its going to the dealer.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:56 AM
Totoro
Senior User
Originally Posted by rob188
for all the regular maintenance on my 07 f150 i did myself and it was under warranty so any issues i had i took it to the dealer i bought it at, same goes for the 08 escape i just purchased from the same dealer, any warranty stuff goes wrong on it then its going to the dealer.
Key West Ford or other dealer? I've only dealt with them once so far. Seemed like an alright bunch.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Fordfanatic4life
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i use Richport Ford, but only because its the closest dealer to my place..

im not overly sold on the place as a whole..i have other Ford dealers around but they are all farther away..

i try to do my own stuff for whats practical, but if its gunna involve tons of hours/tools and technology, i use the dealer..

Old 10-21-2009, 02:38 AM
Totoro
Senior User
Originally Posted by Fordfanatic4life

im not overly sold on the place as a whole..i have other Ford dealers around but they are all farther away..

i try to do my own stuff for whats practical, but if its gunna involve tons of hours/tools and technology, i use the dealer..
Thanks, I've taken my vehicle there once. While the service wasn't bad, I can't say "Wow!" either. I would say my experience at Key West Ford was better.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordfanatic4life

I'm too cheap to use the dealer. Plus the nearest one to me is over an hour away.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only time I use the dealer is for my wife's Mercedes. I did do the last brake job on it though. I try to do all of my own maintenance but thats because I'm kind of cheap and my truck is old. On a newer vehicle, I'd probably go dealer.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Ehkart
Junior User
I use a local mechanic who runs out of his own garage. Thought he had a shop years ago downtown but didn't like paying rent and employees. So hes not really a backyard mechanic I guess. But the cool part is hes completely trustworthy(even more so because I went to school with his daughter ;P), extremely good at what he does and only charges $35/hr. Though because of all these things hes quite busy and hard to book with on short notice.