Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Junior User

Bopper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy Candy in my vents!

I went to the Yankee Game, my nephews got the biggest box of lemonhead Candy I have ever seen. Even though I cannot get anybody to admit it, I believe that one of the kids put some Lemonheads in my front Vents. I can hear them rolling around, left to right on the turns, and front to back during braking. It sounds to me like they are rolling about a foot left to right during turns. I have removed the glove box to try to locate the source of the noise, but I am having a really hard time isolating where the noise is coming from. This is one of those things that will drive me insane if I don't make the noise stop. Where would I start looking for them and how do I take the dash apart to get to them?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Elder User

04markIII is starting off with a positive reputation.
i assume it will start to smell bad eventually too, once the heat is activated. good luck.
2003 Expedition: 5.4L, Harley supercharger, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, k&n panel filter, LFP SBTB, FTSP, removed front cats, Magnaflow 3" catback, Bilsteins, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, 331 rwhp, 432 rwtq (dynoe'd w/20's, 17's back on now)
Old 09-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
First I would try to vacuum them out. Take the defrost vent cover off. It pulls up. Take a shop vac and duct tape a section of garden hose or similar hose that will fit in the vents and snake it in there and try to suck up the candy. If that doesn't work you can try taking off various pieces of dash to get to the vents. May have to lay on your back with a light and see if you can pull apart the vents at the connectors.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:23 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
I'm sorry... but that is just too funny!!!
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Senior User

eddiemoney is starting off with a positive reputation.
All I can think of:

Quote:
**TOMMY's open M&M bag slides into RICHARD's car's A/C vent on the dash, when RICHARD takes a hard right**

RICHARD: Ohh No! That sounds great! Wow that's really gonna UP the re-sale value!!

TOMMY: I think we're gonna be ok. They have a thin candy shell. Hmph! Surprised you didn't know that.

RICHARD: I think your HEAD has a thin candy shell!

TOMMY:Y-your head has the sh- sh..shell on it.

RICHARD: Are you talking?

TOMMY: Shut up, Richard!
I think a shop vac may be your best bet. I would consider starting at the floor vents.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Junior User

Bopper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, Tommy Boy.

How do you remove the plastic defrost cover, the front vent covers, and the floor vents without cracking all that plastic? I tried pulling the defrost cover off and it sure seems like it will crack before it moves. I don't have any special interior removal tools either.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
http://home.pacbell.net/cclary1/s8j_...df_gen_ref.pdf

The cover lifts off. It takes a bit of force, but it will come. If you lift a bit and look under you can see the clips holding it on.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Senior User

homepukes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Gotta love kids. At least it wasn't puke.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:19 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all1ATony is a name known to all
I couldn't help but laugh out loud here in the office while reading this.As the proud dad of a 4 & 6 year old I feel your pain...lol

Last year one of them put a penny in the horn pad of my wifes Rav 4,so everytime she turned the penny rolled and the horn blew.

We could learn a whole new level of practical jokes on your buddy tricks from kids.

CLICK HERE ^^^TO SEARCH PARTS FOR YOUR FORD TRUCK
Old 09-22-2009, 01:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator