Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

The wagon wins another one! No. 3 this year...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The wagon wins another one! No. 3 this year...

Well, it was another long day in paradise. It was points race #7 at QuakerCity in Salem, Ohio. I went into the race 8pts(1 1/2 rounds) ahead of #2. He has a few odd additional points due to running on dial, perfect light or the like(which gets you 1 pt each). The day started with a real dilemma, as I rolled into the lanes for first round and ended up NEXT to #2(DOH!). I didn't try, it just happened. He redlit and gave it to me(oops). Now it's time to work on my points lead! I made it down to the bye into the final. I was going to just trip the beams, but decided to take another hit at the tree and run it. The car left hard(as was all day), hit second and something went awry as it jumped outta gear hard. The car fell on its nose bad, I recouped and grabbed it again and make it down track fine. Hmmmm, this ain't good. One more round to win and I don't have 2nd gear!!! Yikes. I tried it coming down the return road and it quickly jumps outta gear with any kinda power. Not good. All I can do is fake it, try and run it and hope for a redlight? I left first and pulled 2nd gear like I was going to put the handle into the back seat.............IT worked!!!(and stayed in gear enough to get past it).........and continued on only to find my light flashing at the end of the track. Yup, he redlight(bad).

Everyone thought I missed a gear during the bye run. That DON'T happen..........unless something is hurt. Once I told them what happened, they realized I was really lucky. If I hadn't taken the pass, I wouldn't have known, I would have lost(if other car hadn't redlight) because I ran 1 sec. off my dial.

Another good, long day of racing, the weather was pretty decent(mid 70's), with slight chances of rain which we got really lucky because many times during the afternoon it looked like it was going to open up the heavens.

With winning 6 rounds, plus one extra for the win AND the 1 1/2 rounds I had puts me 8 1/2 round AHEAD of #2 going into the last race next month at Thompson. It's a double points race so things can really get mixed upped. With that kind of lead, and likely only 6 rounds to win it, I basically need to go at least 2 rounds to stay #1 and take another championship.

Sept 19th will tell the final chapter of this season.

www.UMTRNorth.com

LarryK

Old 08-25-2009, 07:26 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GOT TO LOVE QUAKER CITY DRAGWAY.....My favorite track......Great news on the racing,freightrain........I still have memories of my 440 6pac on that track........Bill

Old 08-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Personally I HATE QC because of that freak'n HILL!! The only reason my tranny is broke right now. It is just not user friendly for a stick shift car.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:41 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to see your doing well again this season, sucks to have problems but you have manage to over come them, now go and bring home a win for us..