Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Oil & Lubrication
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oil & Lubrication NO MLM Dealers, Wholesale Buyers Or Retailers allowed (except sponsors)
SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Post Fiend

kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
If toilet papers are designed to disintegrate in toilet bowls, how can it withstand hot oil?
Exactly. All toilet paper & paper towels are now septic safe & RV safe. They have been for several years. But back in the 50s & 60s when I remember the toilet paper filters toilet paper was not so easy to dissolve.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Post Fiend

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Paper stays intact in oil.
Even modern paper.
This is a non issue.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...0-project.html
Old 07-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Posting Guru

Big-Foot is a splendid one to beholdBig-Foot is a splendid one to beholdBig-Foot is a splendid one to beholdBig-Foot is a splendid one to beholdBig-Foot is a splendid one to beholdBig-Foot is a splendid one to behold
Interesting filter the Frantz. We had them on a lot of military vehicles, generators and pumps from small 4 cylinder Diesels, to huge Waukesha's and even many gas turbine generators. They were phenomenal at pulling dirt from oil. You could run stuff in as black as coal and it would come out golden brown.
Then suddenly we were told to remove them from any troop carrying trucks, then all gas turbines. Eventually they were removed off of everything and scrapped.
I did not see the direct reports but scuttlebutt at the time said that the filters were so good that they were pulling out the zinc and other antiwear additives which was causing bearing failures.
Oh yeah. This was in 1971.

I'd like to get hold of some of these filter housings so I could recycle some of my drain oils for use in my other equipment (mixing in a little STP)..

1999 F250 Lariat SuperCab 4x4 v10 $old
2015 F350 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 DRW 6.7L/409CID PSD Bronze Fire Metallic over Caribou
Rage'n Stryker 5th wheel Toy Hauler - Arctic Cat Wildcat XT SxS
Old 09-18-2014, 11:40 AM
SPONSOR

BoKnowsDiesel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have had to sit on my hands for the past 2 months with this thread, but I finally got the go ahead to post in here. Our company (Lubrication Specialties) has taken over the Frantz Filter company and operations. We are updating a re-releasing the Frantz Filter, and the first orders will be going out in the coming weeks. If you want to check it out, go to frantzfilters.com
Old 09-19-2014, 11:50 PM
Post Fiend

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Awesome !!!

I will be ordering at least 1 !!!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...0-project.html
Old 09-19-2014, 11:50 PM