1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Piegon Forge Dreams

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Piegon Forge Dreams

Hi boys and girls, just checking off one more thing on my BUCKET LIST and meeting all the great folks is just a bonus. I had a great time again this year and met some great new friends, I would like to personally thank everyone for helping me with Courtney, I keep trying to get her out of the shell she is in, you know by how quite and backwards she is that she is starting to show some progress, ha ha. She had a blast and has already said that she wants to return next year to see her people. The show just keeps getting better each year and the caliber of people overseeing the show are doing a wonderful job. I especially like to just sit around in the evening and get to know everyone who has the nerve to join us, sometime we even have something to eat but TRUXX eats alot(especially donuts) so you have to keep an eye on him.
I have dreamed of the day that I could drive HOMADE into a show and people actually remember your ride and comment on the things you have accomplished in the last year. It's great when your hard work is noticed and thanks for making my weekend, hell I had to let Court drive so I could wave at everyone on the way home, she got scared because I was driving with my knees and TRUXX she drives it like she stole it.
Thanks to all for making a dream come true,Garry aka HOMADE

Old 07-03-2009, 06:59 AM
48fordcoe
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gerry tell Courtney that I washing ,cleaning and putting some wax on the green truck just for her ...If you two can come down for the Frog Follies Courtney will have a truck to drive

Old 07-03-2009, 07:04 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by homade
Hi boys and girls, just checking off one more thing on my BUCKET LIST and meeting all the great folks is just a bonus. I had a great time again this year and met some great new friends, I would like to personally thank everyone for helping me with Courtney, I keep trying to get her out of the shell she is in, you know by how quite and backwards she is that she is starting to show some progress, ha ha. She had a blast and has already said that she wants to return next year to see her people. The show just keeps getting better each year and the caliber of people overseeing the show are doing a wonderful job. I especially like to just sit around in the evening and get to know everyone who has the nerve to join us, sometime we even have something to eat but TRUXX eats alot(especially donuts) so you have to keep an eye on him.
I have dreamed of the day that I could drive HOMADE into a show and people actually remember your ride and comment on the things you have accomplished in the last year. It's great when your hard work is noticed and thanks for making my weekend, hell I had to let Court drive so I could wave at everyone on the way home, she got scared because I was driving with my knees and TRUXX she drives it like she stole it.
Thanks to all for making a dream come true,Garry aka HOMADE
Garry,
I know exactly what you mean. It was my first time having my 55 or any truck for that matter in PF. I had a good time meeting everybody. My strategy next year will be to sleep in stay up late. I normally am up early. So when I was out everybody else was still in. Them powdered donuts and sausage at Shoneys early last Friday morning still were good though. Me and my friend are going to install the underdash AC unit I bought at the show and put the stock heater back in my truck pretty soon and hopefully next year I can get the wife to come. Although it will be hard to see her when she's gone shopping. The memory will last the balance of my days. Met so many good genuine people it is hard to remember everyone. Everyone no matter what caliber of truck you had was down to earth and would share lessons learned and what not to do.

Thanks

Old 07-03-2009, 09:44 AM
55fordtruck
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Garry,
Glsd You had a great time. Sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you all. Next year it will be even better.

PS. I know I told you already. Your truck looks great!!!!

Kevin

Old 07-03-2009, 10:15 AM
EffieFord
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like I wasn't the only one living a dream. I've been telling people my circle is complete, anything after this is just gravy.

Everybody's trucks looked great and I'm glad everybody had as good a time I did. I definitely agree the best part is "after the show" when you can just sit around and enjoy each other's company. Next year I plan to spend more time sitting around enjoying myself and less time being totally exhausted from stress, haha!

Old 07-03-2009, 10:17 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Thanks Kevin, I'm kinda proud of the way it turned out
Tom, don't tell her that when you come up or she might go home with you and wait till August, sitting in your truck the whole time till the big day comes.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:20 AM
homade
Posting Guru
STRESS, what is stress. At a show you don't want any stress you just wanta be COOL.