Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Finally! 1999 5.0 Expy is MINE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 PM
FoMoColover
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally! 1999 5.0 Expy is MINE!

I have waited a long time to get the perfect truck and finally found it. I have purchased a really nice 1999 Eddie Bauer 5.0 liter 2WD truck with only 130,000 original one owner miles. The owners loved it so much that they recently put 4 new Michelin tires on it. My question is, what performance parts have some of you guys put on the 5.0's to wake them up some? I plan on making this thing my family hot rod and just looking for some other 5.0 owners that have modded theirs. Will try to get some pics of it soon so that others can see my blue beauty.

Aaron

Old 04-24-2009, 11:05 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the purchase!

There are plenty of things you can do to the 5.0's... Give me a dollar sign range you are looking at and I can give some ideas. Or give me a horsepower number you are looking at and I can give some good ideas on how to get here...

Old 04-26-2009, 07:30 PM
FoMoColover
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CobraXP,

That truck of yours is really nice looking. I love those wheels. What kind are they? I see that yours is an XLT without all the wheel flares as my Eddie Bauer has. I wonder how mine would look lowered with the same wheels as yours with the wheel flares installed? As for performance, I have found that they do not offer a direct bolt in cold air intake for the 1999. The last year one was offered is for 1997. I would like the truck to be capable of holding its own ground against a comparable Mustang, or at least put a couple Honda's in the dust. I have access to lots of parts as I am a store manager for Advance. I think my rear diff is in good order as my truck has the trailer tow package and is equipped with 3:73 gears. I think some intake and exhaust upgrades are in order. The exhaust appears to be a problem because after 1997 it was changed as well. Perhaps you can shed some light into this.

Aaron