2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking a new camp shell

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:01 PM
m825smoke
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking a new camp shell

I'm looking a new camper shell for my 08 screw, anyone have any good suggestions? i've looked at the leer camp shells, kinda like them. i figure i can lock up the back of my truck, keep people from using the back of my truck as a trash can, when i'm out! really hate that!!! but i can lock up my stuff with no worries, tools, hunting stuff, but any suggestion would be great.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:51 AM
jsoko
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have a LEER hanging in my barn (if needed)
very easy to get open when locked, I would'nt put anything valueable in there that can be seen
I always left mine unlocked
some have latch handel on each side
LEER - about $1000 for cab high, which i think looks best
PITA if you dont load right as you will be crawling around bent over cussing to find something
extremaly hot in summer

Old 04-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Greg B
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out Eagle-Quality Fiberglass Products. I have an Eagle cap on my F-150 and love it. My buddy has a Leer on his truck and when he's pulling the trailer or running down the highway he can't keep both latches latched even when locked. I have the Eagle Maverick on my truck. It's about 4" taller than the cab. It's my second one. I had one on my F250 also. Never had a problem with it coming unlatched going down the road. The salesman at the factory where I bought it stood on one that was not finished on the shop floor and there was no flex at all. He weighed in at about 220 lbs I would guess. Very good quality at a reasonable price. I picked mine up at the factory for $1000 with a fold-in front window and LED third brake light for options. Most of the rest that I looked at were a little more money and not quite as rugged. And I live in Northern Indiana where most of the caps are made. Ive owned ARE, Jason, Covercraft, and a Leer besides the Eagle cap I now own, and the Eagle is by far the best I've owned.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:26 AM
James_24_85
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you looked at tanneau covers they are much cheaper than campers, still lockable, and look way better imo. But then again I have always hated campers especially ones that sit higher than the cab looks awful to me.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 AM
jsoko
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
FYI
I have my top on rope & pully system for ease of removal, I made the mistake of covering it with one of those blue tarps, I blame that on the reason, the fiberglass got tiny bubbels/blisters
if you do want to cover it use a breathable material