Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Posting Guru

RRranch is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RRranch is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Bio diesel prices?

What are you all paying for Bio diesel in your area?

I'm trying to get an idea what I should pay since I'm about to place an order for 500 gallons of off road Dyed Bio in a couple days.

It was a major pain even finding a supplier today. 2 of our 3 plants have gone under recently due to extremely high feed stock prices. I got hold of the third one today and luckily they are still in business. The price he cave me was 2.00 for B100 and about 1.50 for the red B100. Does that sound good. It's only a 10 cent savings over regular diesel but a savings is a savings right?

I am planning to run B100 in all of my trucks and the tractor listed in my signature line. I've already done all the o rings and hoses on 2 of the trucks and the tractor is factory rated for B100 already.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Postmaster

juneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud of
I just paid $2.45 for dyed B20 and it is $2.44 for over the road B20, so that sounds like pretty fair pricing to me. Make sure you have some spare fuel filters on hand since the Bio will clean all of the sludge out of your tanks.

Quote:
You haven't lived life until you've done 110mph in a Yugo
Old 03-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Figure our last batch cost us $1.37 a gallon to make...
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Posting Guru

RRranch is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RRranch is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Did you get those prices right or was that a typo? The taxed and nontaxed were about the same.

Next year or later this year hopefully, I will have my own plant going too. Right now I'm looking into alfalfa for oil. I already harvest tons of it every month. The research is still out on using it. I might just go plant some beans or something too. Whatever I do, I'll be making mine from scratch. I'm not paying for used waste oil from restaurants around here. Noone gives it away anymore.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Postmaster

juneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRranch View Post
Did you get those prices right or was that a typo? The taxed and nontaxed were about the same.
Oh yes, I have them right. I'm not sure why it is exactly, but my heating oil (dyed B20) was $0.01 more per gallon than the over the road stuff.

Quote:
You haven't lived life until you've done 110mph in a Yugo
Old 04-01-2009, 07:10 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRranch View Post

Next year or later this year hopefully, I will have my own plant going too. Right now I'm looking into alfalfa for oil. I already harvest tons of it every month. The research is still out on using it. I might just go plant some beans or something too. Whatever I do, I'll be making mine from scratch. I'm not paying for used waste oil from restaurants around here. Noone gives it away anymore.
Sorry, alfalfa is not an oilseed crop, and will not work.

I raise alfalfa also, and it will not produce any oil. Try Canola, works for me!

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 04-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Elder User

kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.kirkharrod has a good reputation on FTE.
$2.19/gal for B20 in Lake City, FL last week.

$2.13/gal for B2 in Lexington, KY
2002 F-250 Super Cab, 295,000 miles, 95,000 on WVO; Greasecar conversion, 20 plate heat exchanger, AIH delete-water injection in its place, DIY stock fuel bowl delete, 6637 air filter w/ Pete's cover, Straight Piped, GPR LED mod, CAT ELC, 203* thermostat, Bosch auxiliary coolant pump, ext coolant filter, fumoto oil drain valve, Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge, ISSPro trans temp, boost, EGT, elec fuel pressure gauges, Cyberdyne coolant, veg oil, ambient air temp gauges, 80W low beams/100W high beams. No major grease related problems.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Posting Guru

archangel is starting off with a positive reputation.
I gave up looking as the cost of B20 pit here was a lot more $$$ than regular petro-diesel.

Also, about a year or more ago in Chicago, I did find that there was a bio-diesel maker that was supplying B100 to a group/club of VW diesel owners and that was at $5.00 a gallon when petro-diesel was only nearing $3.00.
And that was after you paid to join!

If I could bet B100 for anything near 150% the price of petro-diesel, I would get it!
It had a verified 19 mpg city taking off slow as hell then shutting it down at red lights, and with the radiator grill blocked flush, no bed cover, "drag shoot" mirrors still on I got 24 mpg at 50 to 55 mph on the freeway empty!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels