1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superduty road rage in Brighton

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:26 PM
rxk9394
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superduty road rage in Brighton

So my wife and I are making a right turn out of the Lowes near Brighton CO, when this mid to late 90's Superduty comes screaming around the turn (he was making a right turn from the frontage road), and almost clips the back of us when he couldn't make the turn. He slams over the curb an into a small embankment.

About the time we are thinking WTH!, there is an 05-07 Harley edition Superduty roaring past us and onto the frontage road. Then the other truck slams it in reverse and goes roaring after the Harley edition. Moments later they are jumping medians and it looked like one of them got slammed into because the Harley edition had the tailgate dangling only by the top cables. Then they started just tearing up their vehicles in this weird dance of circling each other by jumping curbs and medians while hand motioning to the other to get out of the vehicle (but neither one did). It was absolutely unreal.

After maybe a couple of minutes of this I see one of them jump on the highway and drive off.

Neither of these guys cared whatsoever about the safety of any of the vehicles around them. They both looked to be driven by raw emotion, anger, and who knows what else. Every now and then I wish I worked in law enforcement and this was one of those times, so they both could have been arrested.

If by some extremely remote chance either one of you guys reads this forum, I have to ask "what the hell was going on and why"?

It goes without saying but guys, no perceived insult or whatever is worth tearing up your trucks, your lives, or the lives of those who may be unfortunate enough to be around you. Just let the "stuff" go and drive home to your families...

Rex

Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
I agree with everything but the 90s having a superduty, they were F250 and F350s until 99 model year. Superduty is a body style over the weight class.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
While not a super duty a guy friday percieved a van to cut him off on the loop around lubbock so he decided he was going to run them off the road to prove a point. The van rolled 3-4 times and went thru the median into on comming traffic and almost cause numerous other accidents. Long to short the father and a baby died the mom was severly injured and the daughter was scratched up...... People need to learn how to deal with their anger and grow up!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
People are under a lot of stress these days and will release it in the most hazardous of ways... very unfortunate about the injuries and deaths. I normally drive like a 90 year old man in my truck but that can put you in harms way as well with those very impatient drivers. It definitely pays to drive defensively.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:17 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Y'all ain't lived until you have driven a while in the Baltimore- DC area...the stories I could tell.......

“The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” Sam Adams
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

Old 03-24-2009, 10:18 PM
mojo1
Elder User
you really have to pay attention to everone else just this week i have had 2 cars almost side swap me luckly i noticed them coming over on me and was able to move over to next lane. It is very congested here it takes me over 1 hour to go 19 miles to get home from work.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:28 PM
99f350sd
Lead Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I left the rat race for the country in '92 ....never lookin back...Don't even like to go there to visit. I95 to new york is sick...been there done that left the Tee shirt.

Dick

Old 03-24-2009, 10:29 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Jerks like that have no regard for anyone else on the road and are the type of azzholes that cause wrecks then flea the scene like Lindsay Lohan running from rehab. Sounds also like the classic case of one of them being afraid to fight and the other one being glad of it.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Fordfanatic4life
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
both stolen vehicles by chance ???

hard to imagine road rage getting so bar u'd damage ur personal vehicle to chase someone down...

i take it there was no coverage on ur local news about it ???

Old 03-25-2009, 07:05 AM
fastfritz
New User
Originally Posted by Fordfanatic4life
both stolen vehicles by chance ???

hard to imagine road rage getting so bar u'd damage ur personal vehicle to chase someone down...

i take it there was no coverage on ur local news about it ???
Sounds like they were both stolen to me too. After recovering my vehicle after it had been stolen, and seeing what damage was done, I think those two trucks in CO were out for a little "joy riding". I had my Jeep Cherokee stolen and everything on the BOTTOM of the Jeep had to be replaced. 1 half shaft, one axle housing, muffler, O2 sensor, two tires with bent rims. Sounds like those two cats in CO were cut from the same cloth.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:23 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Funny...the older I get, the saner I get! When I was younger, it was all about having to get there...fast. Now, I just like to cruise and enjoy the ride and the scenery.

I also left the big cities to come to a quieter place. There's nothing like driving down Storrow Drive at 6PM on a Friday!

Joe

Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 AM
03_PSD
Postmaster
OP..that is one crazy story.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:37 PM
rxk9394
Freshman User
It had to be one of the craziest things I've seen happen on the road.

No chance these were stolen vehicles out for a joy ride. There was nothing but rage on both the drivers faces. And it wasn't a demolition derby type of crashing into each other. Only one rear-end smash/bump that I could tell. They were just ripping over the curbs and medians abusing the hell out of their own trucks.

I called 911 but they both were long gone by the time a patrol car could be dispatched. It only lasted a couple of minutes. I did get a call back from an officer the next day saying they had another call from a city-councilman at the same time (he must've been in one of the other cars trying to get out of these guy's way) and asking if I had gotten a license number.

It was very crazy.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Immortal_Ben
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
As bad as any driving is here in the states, and I have been from coast to coast and border to border... nothing I have seen here compares to driving in the middle east.

OP, glad to hear that you and yours got out of things unscathed. Many people arent so lucky.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Sooper-Doodie
Senior User
Originally Posted by alchymist
Y'all ain't lived until you have driven a while in the Baltimore- DC area...the stories I could tell.......

“The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” Sam Adams
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
I'll second that. Pure insanity.

Quick Reply: Superduty road rage in Brighton