FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
Happy Jan 02, 2022 ya'll !

Old 01-02-2022, 06:30 PM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Received 384 Likes on 349 Posts
Good evening guys.

All the way home, all the way back, two days in the hills and no snow. Too darn warm. Rained like crazy though Saturday and Saturday night into Sunday morning.

Truck ran pretty good. Drove all the way home, started back this morning and filled up at Sam Black Church where Rt. 60 and I64 cross there in Greenbrier County. Got 14 mpg out of it running cruise control at the speed limit in ECO mode. The guess o meter said 15 mpg. Haven't filled it up for the miles from Sam Black Church back to the house. Gas was $2.96 a gallon at the Shell station BY the interstate. Used to be gas at home was 20 cents a gallon more than than gas in VA. I guess the new taxes on gas a couple years back and again last year fixed that for us. I used to gas up at Clifton Forge on the way home so I wouldn't have to buy gas in WV. Now it's cheaper to buy it in WV.

The guess o meter was reading 16.4 mpg when I backed it into the carport this afternoon, if it's not snowing tomorrow I'll take it up for a wash and fill up and see what the real gas mileage was.

Have a great evening.

Old 01-03-2022, 04:57 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,522 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Merry 1st Monday of the new year Virginia, Jim, George, Evan and hope your week starts great.

Old 01-03-2022, 07:54 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Morning 'ginia, Yes Jim, after the Dems took over the fuel prices went way up in VA. Still a little better there than here. Filling up just south of the border on 301 not long ago for $2.75. About 10c more here.

Snowing up here like crazy now. See photo in MD.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:29 AM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Good morning guys.

The rain has turned to snow. Sticking on the deck/fence/grass but nothing on the sidewalk, gravel or pavement right here at the house. My youngest son is driving down I95 to South Hill. He said when he got just below the Chester/Rt. 10 exit there was no slush on the roads anymore. Hopefully it'll be good by the time he heads back this afternoon.

Sitting here, watching it snow, drinking coffee and figuring I need to head out back to see the dogs.

Be careful out there on the roads. Have a great day.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:26 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Virginia, happy 2022!!

Old 01-03-2022, 05:51 PM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Good evening guys.

The snow is done and gone. Blue skies before it got dark. Gonna be cold in the morning.

Got a piece of a cup of warm (was hot) decaf to finish up. Been on the phone with my youngest son. He works on generators for a living. He was up next to Richmond this morning, down to South Hill later in the morning and then back up to the Petersburg area this afternoon. Got home, got the steps shoveled off and got called back out to go to Cumberland County to work on a generator that wouldn't start up. Just got home again. He said there are lots of trees down out to the west, still in the road when he was coming home on Rt. 60. He said it was a bit dangerous between the road, the other cars/trucks and the trees/tree limbs blocking parts of one side or the other of the road.

Have a great evening.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:12 AM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Good morning guys.

Ain't been outside yet. The weather channel on my laptop said it was 19 F in Chester. Usually a couple degrees cooler here (winter and summer) due to the lack of paved roads /buildings out here in the "almost" country side.

Dogs are out and about and waiting on the sun shine to come over the tops of the pine trees next door and shine on their porch/patio. The two young guys (GP and a GS/mix) seemed to have done guard duty last night (and still doing it this morning.)

Just going to sit here today and watch the sun melt some of this stuff.

Have a great day.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:25 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Morning Jim, all VA and visitors. Ain't no sun gonna melt anything here today. Was 12* this morning.

Old 01-04-2022, 06:01 PM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Good evening guys.

Not that cold here Bud but we did warm up over the day even if most of the light was bouncing off the snow all day. Sidewalks are dry, front porch steps melted off/dried. Driveway is just rocks now, no white stuff at all. I'm gonna have to get the old snow shovel out on the deck and the new back steps tomorrow.

Predicting freezing rain here for about 4 hours in the morning, right through rush hour traffic. Gonna be a mess on the road if it does that.

I did get the bird feeders and suet black cages filled up today so they women can watch the birds (cats, too.)

About 19 F this morning. The two older dogs were laying on their porch watching/sleeping. The two "pups" were out there in the snow rolling/running around chasing each other. Don't think the snow or the cold bothers any of them much.

Have a great evening.

Old 01-05-2022, 04:51 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,522 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Good Morning Virginia, Jim, Evan, George, Bud, Shaun and all the crew. Did everyone dig out yesterday and did the traffic jam get cleared?

Anyway we hit 48° yesterday with sun and today the soothsayers say 50° and plenty of sun.
But we will see what happens tomorrow into Friday. They are calling for 2-5/3-8 depending on which Crystal ball report you hear/read! LOL

Old 01-05-2022, 07:09 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Morning 'ginia. Mell of a hess VA had on I 95 from that storm. Daughter's place in Lake Anna is still without electricity !

Old 01-05-2022, 07:46 AM
M1A4ME
Cargo Master
Good morning guys.

Cloudy here. The freezing rain hasn't hit yet. My wife just called our youngest son to see where he was working today and he told her he was headed west on I64 and would be just west of Charlottesville. No ice on the roads so far. Just wet.

I heard they were getting I95 opened up this morning. The pictures didn't seem that bad - where you could see the road. I guess the 5 semi truck wreck is what really closed it down. I wonder if they closed the interstate back at the last exit and then tried to get people to turn around and head back to it to use the on ramp as an off ramp to get them off the interstate? Didn't hear about it but the interstate is certainly wide enough to turn around on.

Mmm. Hot (not too hot) coffee. The morning is looking up already. Yeah, got up, turned the alarm clock off and crawled back in bed. Woke up with my right shoulder/back stiff/hurting a little. The warm bed is nice on a cold morning but too much time in the bed can have consequences.

I did remember to take the key fob and the phone to the garage at the same time yesterday evening. It's the track/lever/arm (no idea what the part is called) on my Coupe's sunroof. That part has a slot in the bar with a plastic liner to act as a wear/friction reducer as the pen on another piece slides back and forth in it. The plastic sleeve/liner cracked, popped up into the way of the pin on the other arm. Nothing around here in the junk yards (not a single hyundai or genesis listed on their on line inventories??) so I had to order a new piece. Hopefully won't be too much trouble to put it in. Till then the Coupe will just have to sit in the garage. Plan to keep my eye on the online junkyard inventory list and go up there to look them over and get a spare, or two, if they get a Hyundai or Genesis in. Looks like they used the same part in several different models back around the time my car was made.

Have a great day.

Quick Reply: Let's all have a great 2022 chatting year thread