1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuner friendly dealers in So Cal? anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 02:57 PM
jlmotox
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuner friendly dealers in So Cal? anyone?

I need to take in my truck in to get some things looked at and was wondering if anyone knew of any dealerships that will overlook my tuner, exhaust, intake for warrenty repairs... I'm near los angeles.

thanks!

Old 02-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What's wrong with your truck? BTW, you'll probably get more/better answers in the 6.0 Forum.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:42 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Reset the truck to stock and demount the tuner. Unless the intake or exhaust have caused a problem don't worry about them.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
jlmotox
Elder User
yea I wasn't sure where to post this...

well the truck is leaking coolant only on cold nights...I will find a puddle in the morning. but I have been just topping if off every couple of days with a cup or two of coolant.

Also I just took a trip towing a 25ft 5500lb toyhauler and coming up a decent grade started to over heat and puke out of the degaus bottle...I know I was good on coolant before I left and I wasn't running hard up the hill and I was in the economy tune...not sure what to make of that yet...truck has run fine since. that was my first time towing with the truck...towed the same trailer bunch of times with my 02' f150 4.6l and never had a problem...and the f150 would be screaming in 2nd gear just to get up a hill but it never got hot...

Old 02-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where is it leaking from? Is there a puddle underneath it somewhere?

How high are you filling the degas bottle with coolant? Are you filling it when the engine is hot or cold?

Old 02-12-2009, 02:21 PM
brian42
Lead Driver
Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts
Could be a hose fitting or leaking flange to the block. If you get even the smallest weepage it can build up over time. That's what happened to my lower hose. I finally had to replace the lower flange. I replaced the T-stat housing (upper flange) and hosese while I was at it and I used some Permatex gasket material to make sure I wouldn't have any more leaks between the block and flanges. 22K so far and not one drop...

You might get some better gouge in the 6.0 forum. Those guys know your truck better than anybody else.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 PM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
Has your truck had the degas bottle recall performed (fluid level sticker)? Overfilling could be part of issue if not. Also I agree about putting factory program back in truck for the service visit

Old 02-12-2009, 05:13 PM
jlmotox
Elder User
well it from what I can see it is leaking down from somewhere...but I can see coolant travling along the engine between the head and block on both sides, but I can't see where exactly it orignates from...there is a puddle under my truck every morning if the temp gets colder than 50degs...I have read on here that people have had the little orange hose on top of the intake leak but it is dry everytime I look there.

The previous owner had the degas bottle recall done with the sticker and I fill it only when the engine is cold and to the min mark...

Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Getting back to your question about dealerships - if there is any question about puking, possible head gaskets, egr cooler, etc. you are going to have to get rid of that tuner and make sure they don't know about it. Take it off, disconnect both batteries to clear the KAM, and drive it for a few days to let it relearn.

No dealer should give you warranty service if the tuner is obvious. They risk their butter and eggs if they do. Let's face it, the tuner may well have caused your issue.

The exhaust is usually okay as long as you have the cat in place, and if you don't they might just make you come back after you reinstall.

The intake is a bad idea and I suggest you restore that to stock and leave it stock. But unless your problems are turbo related, they may not kick you out for that. Pretty hard to say that an intake caused your coolant loss problem.

We just had a powerstroke meet at Sunrise Ford in Fontana. Not everybody loves them, but it sure was a nice facility and they do have plenty of diesel techs on staff.