Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

February BS thread...have at it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:39 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,211 Likes on 4,245 Posts
Good morning Wyoming...no posts yesterday...what's up with that??? You guys must have been on some sort of religious retreat or something!!!

Things are definitely looking up...the Saawx equipment truck left Bawston for Fort Meyers on Thursday...can spring be far behind???

Old 02-08-2009, 10:50 AM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Good Morning Wyoming.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:00 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 224 Likes on 182 Posts
Good Morning Miles and the Wyoming crew! Rainy and 50 here today. I'll take the rain over snow any day!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:30 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning Pat. It is 34 and Foggy here. About 4 yesterday afternoon a real dense fog rolled in and has stayed the night. It was supposed to snow but never happened.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:17 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Afternoon all. Trying to sort out 84 sets of Grand Teton license plates today. Somewhere between DOT and Motorpool communication was lost, so we have 84 plate numbers and none of them match our old plate numbers???

Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Good Afternoon Wyoming.

Miles sounds like you have your work cut out for you, hope you figure it out.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Good afternoon everyone, this is a fine day to be out side, this is a character building thing my mother always told me about. Seems like these past few days if anyone can break something they have. Also discovered this morning that we are to be on the lookout for a "Black Wolf" in the country as reported by a new tennant at the neighbors.

I' am on my way over in a minute to help this fine young gentleman to tell the difference between a Black Wolf ? and my "Black dog" Flint that resides here also to indicate that if anyone should become alarmed about strange animals that we the people who live out here the middle of nowhere are way more than capable to determine what is bad and what is good and deal with it our selves also prescribed by the Wyo Game and Fish Dept.

Well back to the salt mine. I hope for anyone that is having as much fun as I' am that the rest of the day gets better.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MichelleF-250
Good Afternoon Wyoming.

Miles sounds like you have your work cut out for you, hope you figure it out.
Thanks Michelle. Looks like we have 89 vehicles and only 84 plates. Five people are going to have to take the day off tomorrow.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Good morning everyone, looks like a nice day so far this early in the morn but have more fun in store for me today. I shall in a few minutes travel to Denver for the morning. I shall try to contain my joy for this.

Hope I didn't come off a little agravated yesterday about a supposed Black Wolf sighting but I some how did not think the one that was keeping their eye out for such a animal could tell the difference between a wolf, coyote, or my black dog that resembles a wolf about as much as a black poodle would.

When I went over to visit it did not leave a reasurring feeling to find a SUV wrecked in the front yard with bumper stickers running up the back and over the rear windows stating very dertermined views of others that they did not agree with and had no problem in sharing those thoughts.

OK had my fun and will leave this now, Hope every one has a fine day.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Good Morning Wyoming!! Orin, have a safe trip down south!

Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Good morning Pat.

Orin, I was almost sure the supposed black wolf was a coyote.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:26 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Morning Miles. Busy day for me here today, too many stupid people breaking my instruments.So, better get at it. Hey, I'll have to tell you later the story about the router I smoked this weekend making cabinet doors.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:47 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Sounds like an interesting story Pat. I started refinishing an ash bed that I made a long time ago. It is a really simple head and foot board that attach to the side boards with hurricane straps and 1/4" lag bolts. It sat in storage for 5 years but still got a little water damage. I am going to sand it down and stain it with something a little darker to hide anything I can't sand out.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Well, the wife learned an expensive lesson about buying the right tools, and not trying to save money in the wrong place. About a year and a half ago, I needed to replace the junk Craftsman router I had. The router I wanted, a 3 1/4 horsepower Freud, was just what I wanted. It was about $300 at the time. My wife totally balked. gave me all kinds of flak, so I ended up getting the 2 1/4 horse router from Freud (at $200). Nice router, don't get me wrong. But I knew I was going to be building cabinet doors in the future, and a normal panel bit is about 3" in diameter. This takes a pretty hefty router to run it. Anyway, on saturday, I mounted that huge panel bit onto that 2 1/4 horse router in my router table. even making very small cuts, that router was struggling. After the first panel cut (usually takes four cuts, moving the fence each time to take off more wood) on the first panel, I noticed...............smoke. Yes, smoke rising from around the bit. Well, turns out a 2 1/4 horse router isn't enough for that bit. Froze it solid.

On Sunday, I had to go and get that 3 1/4 horse router that I originally wanted....and it's $50 more now.....Wish she would listen to me...maybe she will next time...Yeah, right...

BTW, that big router did the trick, didn't even slow down at all with that big bit in it!!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
So basically the $300 router cost you $550 in the end. I am working on explaining to the girlfriend that you almost always get what you pay for. We went down to Home Depot to get a 5" orbital sander and she immediately picked out the $29.99 model from a brand I have never heard of. I had to explain to her that if we bought that one we would be returning in a few weeks with the broken one to buy a better model. Sorry that happened in your case Pat. I ended up getting the Rigid one for $59.99. It is not the best one out there but I have been loyal to Rigid and have never had any troubles.

Other than the router trouble, how are the cabinets coming along?

Quick Reply: February BS thread...have at it!!!