How old are you and how many Fords have you owned?
Let's have it people. I want to know if there are any of you out there that have owned more Fords then I have?
Here's my story... I'm 36 years old. And I've owned...
1. 78 F150, 2WD, 351M, C6. At 260K, I Converted to 460 with dual pipes. Pass anything but a gas station. Truck nickle and dimed me to death so I sold her. She's my first true love and I'd buy her back in a heartbeat if I could find her.
2. 92 Mustang LX, 4 cyl, 5 speed, no ac. First new car. Finally sold it year before last with over 200K miles.
3. 93 Ranger XLT, 3.0L V6, AOD, X-Cab. Paid $1000 for it because it had over 200K miles on it. Rebuilt the tranny and drove it another 70K before someone in a van decided to drive over my engine. Got $7500 for it after it was totaled
4. 86 Bronco EB Edition. 6" lift 35x12.5x15 BFG MT (pre KM). 351W, AOD, LOVED to beat the **** out of this rig. MUCH FUN!!! Traded it for a jeep.
5. 95 Explorer EB Edition - 4.0L, AOD 4x4. Grocery Getter. Nice ride but, fell apart after a short couple of years owning it.
6. 97 Expedition EB Edition - 5.4L, AOD Power EVERYTHING. Super Fancy stuff for me and my X.
7. 98 F150 X-Cab 4x4 - 4.6L, 5 speed. LOVED this truck but, traded it for...
8. 01 F350 Lariat PSD, CC, SB, 4x4. Truck lasted < 2 weeks. Damn deadbeat dealership selling me a lemon.
9. 71 Bronco - Drove to Denver CO to pick up this rig. Sold it to a buddy of mine for what I had in it. He still has it.
10. 69 Ford Bronco - Bought a rust bucket to salvage good parts. Sold the rest. Trashed what needed to be trashed.
11. 73 Bronco - OLD YELLER. Original NM Bronco was virtually rust free. Took it apart to do a frame off restore. Funds fell short and so did my X wifes patience. Ended up selling it off in parts. VERY SAD!!!
12. 71 Bronco - BIG RED. Some of you may remember seeing pictures of this rig. Bought it in Portland OR from a mechanic who told me I'd be able to drive it home (To NM). Rig lasted 30 minutes and had NO BRAKES. So, I trailered it home to find out the engine was also blown. Buyer beware...
13. 84 Bronco. Parts donor for my new 71 POS Bronco. Took the 351W and had Buddlongs build a SICK 300+ HP beast. Sold the rest.
14. 72 Bronco - ROLLED YELLER. Picked up from a buddy of mine who rolled his BEAUTIFUL Yellow Bronco. He had LOTS of work already done to her. But, the body was a complete total. So, I pulled it apart. Kept what I wanted for my 71 and parted out the rest.
15. 99 Ranger - 4.0L, AOD, X Cab 4x4. Just wanted something to drive to work and back. This truck had a strange life on it so didn't drive very nice. Sold it to X's cousin.
16. 05 F150 Lariat. CC, 4x4. I LOVED this truck. But, traded it for my current rig.
17. 08 F350 PSD, CC, FX4. This is the rig in my pics.
Fierce Off Road Destroyer - 08 Ford F350 FX4 Crew Cab Black on Black w/ 8" Lift, 38x13.5x20" Nittos on XD wheels. Uniden CB, Wilson 1000 and a PA. Air horns w/ compressor and tank.
Fierce Off Road Destroyer - 73 Ford Bronco Roadster. 302 w/ "mods", C4, D20, D44, 9", 6 Point Cage, Rancho Lift, 35x12.5x15" Mud Tires on Aluminum Rims
I'm 31 and now own a 74 f100. This truck is the only vehicle my dad ever bought new off the lot. Right now it's a restoration in progress and a daily driver. Monday I spent a few hours tinkering in a store parking lot doing minor repairs. I'm glad Autozone was across the street.
I owned a 83 ltd a few years back until it was hit by a chevy. When I was in high school my mom took me out in her 74 pinto wagon for driving lessons sometimes.
My dad owned Fords exclusively all his life. The ones I drove were a 71 Gran Torino, 71 Pinto (which I bought from him) and mom's 71 Pinto wagon.
I got the Pinto in 72 when I was 16 and sold it a few years later to a guy named BJ. I got into hi perf Mopars a few years and owned a 69 383 Super Bee and a 70 440 6pack Roadrunner, which I would give anything to have back.
Got my BII new in 86. Built it up myself except for new paint and setting up axles. 275K miles on it and lots of wheeling. Still running great.
Had an 89 Taurus wagon a couple years, which was totally unreliable - a huge POS.
A GF of 5 years had an 89 Taurus sedan which was also a POS.
Got the 96 7.3PSD in 98 and it's an awesome truck. Put in some under hood goodies and use it to tow the B2 and on trips. Lots of power and 18mpg hiway.
Got the 01 6cyl Stang DD in June 05. Put 60,000 on it in since then. It's a good little car and gets 25mpg. No mods except black letters on the rear bumper.
I also drive an Aerostar at work. Another POS!!I may have forgetten a few...
My first Ford was a 1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 4.6 HO with the 4R70W. After having it over a year and giving it hell... I knew Ford was better than GM right then. I had never had a GM take a beating with an auto. NEVER. Then, some guy totaled it, which was so unfortunate because I LOVED that car. It was black and mint condition. Ran perfect and never gave a single problem except it needed a new MAF when I got it.
So, then, my next purchase was going to be a Ford. I got what I have in my sig with my ****ty insurance money, and have had it for over a year again with, guess what, ZERO problems. Except when I first got it, it needed a TPS. $30. I'm converted to a Ford man now.
__________________ 1986 F-150 5.0 EFI XLT Lariat 4x4 NP435/NP208/9" 3.50
"Custom Exhaust" and leaf spring overloads
31x10.50 15" Nothing special, but it's a damn good truck.
1. 1976 Ford half ton long bed. 390 motor. Tons of fun.
2. 1979 Ford half ton short bed w/a 351M, 3" lift, and 33's.
3. 1977 Ford half ton short bed w/a 400 (well, it used to have a 400) - now it is sitting with no motor).
4. 1969 Bronco (my current build). Here are some highlights:
- Aussie 408 motor (400 block from my '77 and some Aussie 302 heads.
- Currie X Heavy Duty 9" rear housing, N case, Daytona Pinion support, ARB locker, Explorer disc brakes, 4.56s.
- D44 w/alloy axles, superjoints, ARB locker, disc brakes.
- 3.5" SL, 2" BL, 36" Iroks.
- etc, etc.....
Hoping to be able to fire the motor sometime this year. Been working on it for quite some time now.
I'm only 22 years old and my first car was a 1967 Mustang Fastback GT. 2/ my first truck was a 1979 F250 460, 4x2, 3/ my 1985 FSB bronco (1991 351 police interceptor) 8" lift rockwell axles and an atlas T-case 40" tires, 4/ 1989 Ford f350 centurion 4 door BRONCO/// 5/ 1997 F-250 HD 460, 6" lift, beast. and building a FORD ONLY Rock Buggy(it will be done this summer. Not bad for only having a Drivers License for only 6 years.
1966 Mustang, 289 auto. My first Ford. It was a very good car.
1993 Escort Wagon. 1.9L manual trans. It was a very good car. Sold it cause my family kept getting bigger and the car kept getting smaller plus we wanted to keep going after the road ended.
1992 Explorer EB 4WD, 4.0L OHV, auto. It has 275K miles and a front seal leak on the trans. Gonna fix it soon. It has been a very good car, except for the transmissions.
1991 Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L OHV, auto. It has 232K miles and it just lost overdrive. Trying to figure out what's the best thing to do. It has been a very good car. Best car I've ever owned despite the transmission problems. It always makes it through the mud and yuck. Does everything I ask of it and complains very little.
1978 F350 Crew Cab, long bed. 351M, C4 trans. This truck has probably caused me less problems than any car/truck I've ever owned but it only has 94K miles. So far only small stuff like the voltage regulator or heater selenoid has gone out. It's pretty much stock except a previous owner put dual exhausts on it which just makes it harder to talk while driving. I think that if the truck was parked on a railroad track and was hit by a train it would just get a dent in the side and still be drivable.
1997 Explorer XLT, 4.0L OHV, auto. This truck I bought for my daughter #1 and it's been good except I don't like the Control Trac.
1999 Ranger XLT, 3.0L, auto. Bought this for daughter #2 and the trans (4R44E) went out after only a few weeks. I put in a used trans and it seems to be OK now.
That's it so far. No more Fords are seeable in the near future but any car I get is probably NOT going to have an auto trans!
In California, the Totalitarianism State.
Steve ***-2003.25 F-250 CC 6.0 FX4 King Ranch
4" Turbo back-
Ranch Hand Cattle Guard-Hollandia sunroof
K40 2000 Radar & Laser 48 Gal fuel tank-Pioneer AVIC-D3,3 amps,12' sub, DVD, TV in headrests JOIN NEW MEXICO CHAPTER HERE!
I started when I was 16, now im 30. I have owned 8. These are in order.
1978 f-100 custom. 302 c-4. My favorite. It was stolen from me when i was in the navy in San Diego.
1990 Bronco, Eddie Bauer. 302 aod. Nice, but my least favorite.
1993 lx mustang convertable. 5.0 h.o. aod. An absolute blast, most consistent down the strip.
1997 f-250 4x4 4 door. Powerstroke e40d. Totally useless. Tranny was crap, and had no power. Looked great though.
1979 F-150 4x4. 400m c-6. Spectacular truck. It has one purpose, to go through the deepest mud i can find as fast as it can go.
2005 expedition. the power of a 5.4l mod motor will never cease to amaze me.very comfortable.
1962 F-100.Unibody. No motor, aod. this ones a work not currently in progress.
1985 f-250.460. Just bought this truck needed somthing to tow the mud truck with. we shall see how it acts in april for a mud fest in shiloh ridge.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.