1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

i need to vent

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:48 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need to vent

this is somewhat although a ford does figure in the story...so i was coming home from work tonight after dark. there's a t intersection at my driveway, like my driveway would be the top of the t. i pulled into my driveway, it's about a quarter mile long, and i'm halfway up when i notice a truck stop, then start up the drive behind me. not sister's cummins, not expecting company. weird.

i park, truck (the ford part...looked like a 6.0 diesel...) pulls across the driveway between me and my house. so now i'm freaking out...sex offender, murderer...?? fixin to pull my knife and give him one chance to get off my property or else call the cops. at which point he proceeded to start rambling about the stop sign before my driveway. and then left. really freaked out now...

i have no clue who it was...shoulda chewed him out for trespassing. and the kicker is he called my neighbor who called my mom to tell her that he "almost hit a tan car" tonight. funny, he was a half a mile down the road when i crossed the intersection and my honda is dark green...

my mom knows who it is from our neighbor...and she won't tell me. i am freakin pissed off now. i don't think she realizes that by refusing to tell me, she just made it my mission to find out who this guy is.

now i wish i'd driven my truck today...then i could have just left and driven across the front yard. 20-20 hindsight, i guess.

and thanks for listenin, i feel slightly better now

Old 01-13-2009, 09:59 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
freaky story, thats why i am getting my permit to carry

Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by c00nhunterjoe
freaky story, thats why i am getting my permit to carry
thats why i have mine to carry....

Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
i know i would have been fearing myself if someone followed me like that...

Old 01-13-2009, 10:11 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
i will be learning...but i have to wait for my boys to get back from deployment

Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
I just carry. but it is dumb how people think they are only right.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by MissIndependent
i will be learning...but i have to wait for my boys to get back from deployment
if i still had my range permits up to date id take ya and teach ya.... but i let them expire couple yrs ago.. still keep my carry up to date...

Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
putz54143
Senior User
that just what we need is someone who likes to plow sheet up carrying

Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
putz54143
Senior User
just kidding joe

Old 01-14-2009, 08:23 AM
plowhand
Playing in the Dirt
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miss, I know it's a little late now but next time get the tag number. Keep a note pad or piece of paper and a pen/pencil in all of your vehicles within reach. When you get into a situation that makes you fell uneasy, the first thing to do is write down the tag number. This way you have it to pass to the police. It is better than trying to remember the tag number.

Get good training on how to use a firearm and the laws about use of deadly force and brandishing a firearm. Once this is done, get a good, reliable firearm and NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!!!!

Bottom line, Glad your safe!!!!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:21 AM
ron86toy
Posting Guru
agreed with plow on getting the tag # and training....been looking at carry guns myself.

in the '06 hunting season I was in my blind...its about 50 yds into woods from a feild than about another 400yds to the road(private property...I have 80 acres)......when I sit in this blind I park the truck behind it(that day I had my '02 CC.Well there was a nice buck(about a 10 pt.) out in the field...then a truck stops in the road with the deer between us....next thing I know I hear shots from the truck(frickin poachers).I damn near shat my self.....I know my truck can be seen from the road.....I ended up squeezin 3 rounds back at the truck....I had my 35 marlin that day,so I dont even think the round made it across the field......but when I sit there now I have my .06 or 7mag.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 AM
powrstrkr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Glad you're safe, Missy. I'd pressure your mom for his ID. And like the others said, get a reliable gun you can shoot well and train, train, train. And get that carry permit too! I've had mine 5 years now.

And Ron, that is scary! Did they hit the deer? I guess they took off after you shot back eh?

Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Mike8623
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Freedoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know there was a time you didn't need a carry permit.........it is a funny thing about freedoms........when they are gone........those growing up without them...........never realize they had them to start with..........it is all about the liberals telling you how and why you need them to run your life........you need big brother more and more..........but in reality it is a myth...........they really can't take care of you.........just want you to think they can.........I am a old retired police officer............let me tell you Boys.....and girls, you had better be ready to take care of yourself.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
there may or may not be a high powered rifle and twelve gauge shotgun in my truck at all times.
It all depends on who's asking.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 AM
ron86toy
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by powrstrkr

And Ron, that is scary! Did they hit the deer? I guess they took off after you shot back eh?
they missed......and took of like a bat out of hell......I looked for that truck for about 2 months after.

But I have a good trespassing story...same property...this was early summer '07

Every blind has some sort of heat system in it....well I built my Grandfather(passed about 10 yrs ago) a blind with a small wood burner.It was near a fence line.....well my POS neighbor's nephew stole the wood burner...he has the property at that fence line(also his main trail is along the fence)..the other property around me is state land that is land locked.Well...after a note left on their gate stating I wanted it back I got a phone call....."well..it wasnt us"...I knew it was so I waited a few months.I got a good friend that hunts with me....and went searching(I know we were trespassing)....well there it was in one of their blinds.Instead of taking it back....I shoved a roll of blackjacks and about a dozen bottle rokets in the exhaust pipe.
A couple days after opening day at about 6:45am there it goes...sounded like July 4th......LMAO I went around to their gate and placed another note....."I will take my stove back now.....and stay the F@#$ off my property".......the next morning the stove was by my gate on my way in to hunt.

Sorry for the long story

Quick Reply: i need to vent