1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

i need to vent

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
man that bites.. i certainly hope that ya reported it stolen when it happened...

Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 PM
KevinC.
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
make sure you scrutinize your permit when it arrives.. and dont sign it if theres an error... there was a misprint on mine and i had to go to the court house to get it re-printed...
Thanks for the advice, I sent off like three months ago but FL is takin about 5 months to get it. That is a long wait especially since all the shootings that are happening here in Ocala lately. I hate not being able to carry legally yet.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:16 PM
KevinC.
Elder User
man that bites.. i certainly hope that ya reported it stolen when it happened...
I did report but didnt have the serial number cause we dont have to register them in FL. Nothing they could do. Now I have them all written down and copies stored in 3 different locations.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by KevinC.
Thanks for the advice, I sent off like three months ago but FL is takin about 5 months to get it. That is a long wait especially since all the shootings that are happening here in Ocala lately. I hate not being able to carry legally yet.
wouldnt doubt it... va says 3 weeks - 6months for reviews before they send out the licenses... mine actually arrived in 2weeks from the day i dropped off the paperwork.. but spent 4 hrs getting the license fixed... then i had it laminated so it wouldnt get ripped/fade/ect ect in the wallet... ours are just stiff paper ones...

Old 01-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
I did report but didnt have the serial number cause we dont have to register them in FL. Nothing they could do. Now I have them all written down and copies stored in 3 different locations.
ive only got 1 thats not registered to me.. but only because Va doesnt require ya to Re-register 2nd hand guns... i bought it from a friend of mine that use to be a bounty hunter... and it was his carry gun..but i want to get it Re-Registered in my name.. just havent gotten around to doing it..

Old 01-15-2009, 08:22 PM
KevinC.
Elder User
wouldnt doubt it... va says 3 weeks - 6months for reviews before they send out the licenses... mine actually arrived in 2weeks from the day i dropped off the paperwork.. but spent 4 hrs getting the license fixed... then i had it laminated so it wouldnt get ripped/fade/ect ect in the wallet... ours are just stiff paper ones...
O, here in FL you have mail the paperwork/fingerprints. It's ridiculous how slow they are. I called after 2 months of waiting and they said 3 more. But when you get them theyre nice, A plastic ID with a pic, just like a drivers license

Old 01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
O, here in FL you have mail the paperwork/fingerprints. It's ridiculous how slow they are. I called after 2 months of waiting and they said 3 more. But when you get them theyre nice, A plastic ID with a pic, just like a drivers license
yeah other countys in the area want that too... but the city i live in didnt require fingerprints, or photo id..

urs are coming laminated then...

they said we had to mail ours too.. i just took it and dropped it off... i didnt see the point in mailing it.. when i could take 5 mins outta my day.. drive over there and hand it directly to them...

Old 01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
KevinC.
Elder User
yeah other countys in the area want that too... but the city i live in didnt require fingerprints, or photo id..

urs are coming laminated then...

they said we had to mail ours too.. i just took it and dropped it off... i didnt see the point in mailing it.. when i could take 5 mins outta my day.. drive over there and hand it directly to them...
The FL ones are good in 23 out of the 50 states, is yours just for your county?

Old 01-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
nahh mines good for the entire state... and others.. mines good in 24 others... FL being one of them... but id have to go through a state that doesnt honor mine to get there... same when i got to ohio... MD doesnt honor mine.. but i carry through it anyways... mainly cuz i only spend 5-10 mins at most in MD...

Old 01-15-2009, 08:55 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
md is one of the stricted states when it comes to carry and all gun laws for that matter, you are only allowed to purchase 1 gun per month and they have a 10 day wait on pistols. i'm glad i moved to pa, buy whatever i want, whenever i want, however many i want....and as long as i'm not a felon i can get a permit to carry......

Old 01-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by c00nhunterjoe
md is one of the stricted states when it comes to carry and all gun laws for that matter, you are only allowed to purchase 1 gun per month and they have a 10 day wait on pistols. i'm glad i moved to pa, buy whatever i want, whenever i want, however many i want....and as long as i'm not a felon i can get a permit to carry......
even with the permits they still restrict ya on how many ya can buy? in va if we dont have a permit its one every 30 days... with permit we could buy truck loads with no problems daily...

ive been told MD is the hardest state to even get issued a permit in... 90% of the apps there are supposedly denied...

Old 01-15-2009, 09:21 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
more like 99%, basicly the only way to get one in md is if you are a cop or own a gun store or know a politician. the only way to buy more then 1 per month is if you have your ffl/c&r

Old 01-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by c00nhunterjoe
more like 99%, basicly the only way to get one in md is if you are a cop or own a gun store or know a politician. the only way to buy more then 1 per month is if you have your ffl/c&r
that bites... i heard the only other way ya got them in md is if you could physically show proof of your life being endanger... via threats or corroborating police reports...

Old 01-15-2009, 09:28 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
threats will get you knowwhere, they tell you the police will protect you. besides, if that was the case half of md would be carrying...lmao, there are some really bad parts in the cities and death threats and break ins are common. even the gun store owners are restricted to only carry when at work.......

Old 01-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
i wouldnt doubt it... some of the cops ive talked to there complain at how bad crime is there... and wish more people were able to carry legally..

Quick Reply: i need to vent