Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Bronco FAQs

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your ignition switch might be shorting out if you have power to the relay with the key off.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 PM
georget
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me start buy saying, i was wrong! thank you for the advice (Nixvet2000, and Bigrigfixer) after going to many bone yards, looking at the wiring on the few 77-79 Ford trucks my hard head finely seen what was wrong, like i was told! it was the neutral safty switch, it was unplugged. Not to mention "My Dumb A**" thought the 78 Bronco was to old for that device, i was wrong and i thank all who helped. i have found a REAL site for me and my 1978 BIG Bronco. (now i just need how to use the site......

Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Recommend starting a new thread. This one should really be left as a location for links and general information as to where to find additional answers to full-size Bronco questions.

In the Big Bronco Forum, click the New Thread button and begin. Best of luck with the truck.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:29 PM
graflexmaster
Freshman User
great site.......

Old 02-15-2012, 06:56 PM
the truth
Junior User
Been looking at Bronco lately and just went to the FAQS page. Just want to let someone know the off-road link doesn't take you to the history and timeline of the Bronco's.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
For those of you interested in seeing the original options for the 78 and 79 bronco this site is really helpful:
Bronco Literature
Up on the top right corner should be a button that says BACK and it will take you to the home page. These are a list of the original brochures and advertisements, plus one that compares our beloved bronco vs. the Blazer.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 AM
AbandonedBronco
Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts
I've seen that one about the Bronco vs. the Blazer before. I absolutely loved it.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:55 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
That one was pretty cool, these brochures helped me figure out the options the original owner of my truck had put on. Which was most of the stuff.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:22 AM
the truth
Junior User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
For those of you interested in seeing the original options for the 78 and 79 bronco this site is really helpful:
Bronco Literature
Up on the top right corner should be a button that says BACK and it will take you to the home page. These are a list of the original brochures and advertisements, plus one that compares our beloved bronco vs. the Blazer.

Very cool, thanks!

Old 02-18-2012, 02:16 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Yup no problem.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:28 AM
tassmannn
Senior User
Smile Transmission shifter

I have a 1996 Bronco with 279000 miles on the original engine and tranny. It runs and drives fine, but curious as to how to possibly fix the shifter, and where to start. When you put it in gear, you can't really tell it is in gear since it does not "click" in. Is that inside the tranny or something to do with the shifter itself? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:52 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tassmannn
I have a 1996 Bronco with 279000 miles on the original engine and tranny. It runs and drives fine, but curious as to how to possibly fix the shifter, and where to start. When you put it in gear, you can't really tell it is in gear since it does not "click" in. Is that inside the tranny or something to do with the shifter itself? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!
Welcome to FTE, the shifter clicking should be within the shifter housing inside the cab i think. It should be column right? In a floor shifter for a car if i remember correctly there are teeth and a spring loaded bar that clicks down into them. I am not fuller sure on how the column ones work but i would start by pulling apart the steering column and seeing if anything looks broken. If that doesn't help on the side of the transmission should be the linkage that moves back and forth and there might be an issue there.

In other words start with what you feel is easier, climbing under the truck and fiddling around is pretty easy.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
So i got another Big Bronco helper. Ever want to know what CFM is best for your older bronco?

There is the equation, it can help you if you plan to buy a new carb.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:48 PM
dgabriele
Freshman User
Originally Posted by greystreak92
Ok, folks, the site is more or less up and running.
FAQ's
what's the site? I need to learn!

....oh there it is haha *i'm an idiot

Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Carstenseth
New User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Bronco Literature
Thanks, that's pretty cool. It's hard finding info for those old FSBs.

Quick Reply: Big Bronco FAQs