1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

I need some old time Backup

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 12:33 AM
rsdjcarter
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saturday G2G Auburn Wa

We're having an impromptu G2G Saturday at 1pm Big Daddy's Drive In in Auburn. Some of the washington FTEers are coming but I'm the only Slick and I need some backup anyone Game? It's easy to get to right off hwy 18.

Rob

Old 01-01-2009, 01:34 AM
billy12360
Elder User
MAN I WOULD LOVE TO GO SINCE IM JUST UP THE HIGHWAY THEN FREEWAY THEN ANOTHER HIGHWAY!!!

but you know those stupid breaks still havent gotten fixed... and im not crawling around in 3 feet of snow to fix the things...

Old 01-01-2009, 01:38 AM
rsdjcarter
Elder User
Spell it Brakes before someone gets on here and rips you a good one Billy. Can't remember what's the problem with them anyway? We plan on making it a regular thing and move it around too.
Rob

Old 01-01-2009, 01:46 AM
billy12360
Elder User
hey they break... as in they are broken... im gonna spell em breaks lol besides old habits die hard... i still have a tendency to spell a lot "alot" even though i know that there should be a space there... and the 3 dots everytime there should be a comma or end of a sentence thing i do... ive been doing that for 5 years now i just cant stop lol...

anyways, the problem with my brakes was i have no preasure, and i think its just a cold weather thing, as i didnt have this problem all summer, and dont seem to be able to find any leaks in the brake lines,and as far as i can tell, im not loosing as fluid from the res. so i have yet to trouble shoot it... i should probablly do something to figure it out... but i was waiting to hopefully do a disk brake swap with my next check, and throw a dual MC in there with it all... hoping to fix the problem at the same time...

Old 01-01-2009, 01:55 AM
rsdjcarter
Elder User
Yea and the weather isn't helping at all this is the first day we've worked since the 17th, Hard to garden when the earth is frozen. As for the breaks you might have a stuck slave or just some goo in the lines try bleading the heck out of it til the fluid is nice and clear and listen for movement, make sure they're adjusted good. I have the old one cylinder and once I got the lines clean and everything adjusted the brakes feel really good, had to lock em up the other day and I was surprised at how well it stopped. I got a power booster for it but I too am waiting for weather so I can redo the lines before I install...

Old 01-01-2009, 02:01 AM
billy12360
Elder User
yeah im tired of working on this thing in the snow lol... i really dont know where to start, im thinking i should just redo everything with the disk brake swap, do the lines and everything else all at once...

Old 01-01-2009, 02:14 AM
rsdjcarter
Elder User
Yea I've seen a few donors on craigslist lately but i'm trying to get another vw and I don't even have room for it, at least they're small.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:11 AM
billy12360
Elder User
Originally Posted by rsdjcarter
Yea I've seen a few donors on craigslist lately but i'm trying to get another vw and I don't even have room for it, at least they're small.

i was just gonna go the kit route, it may cost more but ohh well... ive got all the parts i need in a box....

ive got a 74 supper bug, that im not really intrested in any more...{by intrested i mean i ran out of money durring the motor rebuild, and its sat in the grass for a few years now, and the floors have rusted out and now one drivers seat is burried under a few feet of snow along with everything for the motor but the block... i was gonna start repairing the floor pans a little bit so i could sell it atleast as a restoreable shell... just needs motor and seats... and some likes that the kids messed up...}

ehh PM or email me if you want to know more about it, i dont want to get introuble with talking about it on open fourms ya know...

Old 01-01-2009, 04:17 AM
rsdjcarter
Elder User
No problem we're mostly in to the non bug bus, Fastbacks, Squarebacks Love to get ahold of a Notchback someday The wifes toys and they're simple to work on. Heck the parts are easier to get than my truck and cheaper too.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:50 AM
billy12360
Elder User
No problem we're mostly in to the non bug bus, Fastbacks, Squarebacks Love to get ahold of a Notchback someday The wifes toys and they're simple to work on. Heck the parts are easier to get than my truck and cheaper too.
yeah, im more into v-8 power, but yet weve got 2 of them... a yellow supper bug, and then a 60 something standard... both have blown motors, if you know some place i can get a turn key for cheap... maybe even a long block... i would be intreasted... it would make my mom happy...{the truck on the other hand will have to wait until i find a new job if i got her the motor} i actually recently found a sight that its all about v8 powered bugs... so ive been thinking about that... they are using mostly s10 frames and shortening them, but maybe some one knows how long the short bed ranger frames are and how long the bronco II frames are, cause atleast the B2s look smaller the the s10 blazers...

the thing i love about the bugs though is its 4 bolts to drop the motor more or less.. and you dont have to try and squeez your hands into tiny spaces like on some other makes of cars from the other side of the world.... take those 4 bolts out and youve got all the room in the world to do what you want with it.... and when you get mad, you can pick up that motor, and throw it into the neabhors yard and act like it just fell out of a plane hahahaha
anyways sorry for stealing your thread... once again... email or pm me...

Old 01-02-2009, 10:00 AM
juchertf100
Senior User
Whats with all the vw stuff this is a FORD TRUCK SITE

Old 01-02-2009, 01:03 PM
rsdjcarter
Elder User
You have to have something to pull around behind your Ford.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:44 PM
billy12360
Elder User
You have to have something to pull around behind your Ford.
or run over with your ford... hahahaha ok mine isnt that big....

Old 01-02-2009, 06:05 PM
juchertf100
Senior User
Very Funny Lol....:-x24

Old 01-02-2009, 09:07 PM
slo5.0
Junior User
Brakes.... You dont need no stinkng brakes!!!! You dont get in your truck to stop, You get in it to go!!! Now an engine, thats what you need to work.....

Quick Reply: I need some old time Backup