1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

ALL of My Parts Money Is Going...Going...GONE

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:22 AM
e william
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALL of My Parts Money Is Going...Going...GONE

Well, Back to saving for parts. I just spent my parts money on a new Whirlpool Side-by-side Fridge for the Mrs. Christmas present......hummmm
I do get the old one for my garage beer fridge though....there's that silver lineing!
Merry XMas to all
Ed

Old 12-23-2008, 08:43 AM
gdgerland
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems to be a lot of that going around.

I know the feeling, Ed. My wife Joyce broke her ankle in March. I had to remodel the bathroom with a walk-in/sit down shower and special handicap stool. $5000.00 later it was all finished and my truck stash almost depleated. I guess I will have to keep her now that I have invested that much in her......well, after 50 years, I guess she is worth it.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Gil

Old 12-23-2008, 08:57 AM
big job
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
What mamma dont know ?????? Mine can see through concrete I cant get away with
nothin. But I get the last laugh. Fridays snow storm she wiped out the plow frame
in a 1/2 hour. (NOT THE F8 thank god) but she bought the beer after 4hrs welding it.
Sunday round two, more snow, she did NOT break anything.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:26 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
My wife can smell money. Not that she spends like a bandit, she's a tight wad German farm girl and she won't spend a penny if she doesn't have to. That's a good thing but, it seems like every time I sell a truck part to she somehow comes up with a bill that's about 110% of the price of the part I just sold. It never fails, I'll sell something for $100, less than a week later she'll come whining about a bill she has to pay for $110. She'll say, "I have the $10 but I just had to pay for this bill and that bill and I just don't have the other $100. I don't know where I going to get it!" So there goes the $100 I just got. She does it all of the time. I don't usually tell her that I sold anything just for this reason but somehow she's able to sniff it out, it never fails. Then she has the gull to call my parts inventory junk! It's bailed her quite a few times.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:33 AM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Guys , chill out .Where would be without a good woman who cooks ,cleans and etc. for us so we can have many extra hrs. to work at our jobs which translates into extra $$ & hrs .to invest and work on our healthy habits .I am grateful for having just such a very good woman .

Old 12-23-2008, 03:23 PM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Amen firstrider, wouldn't know what to do without her. Don't know how she puts up with me and this hobby but I'm sure thankful she does.
brian...

Old 12-23-2008, 03:43 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
I guess I'm one of the few who has a supportive "other half" in my hobby. She is as enthusiastic about the truck as I am, as long as she gets to drive it occasionally I don't know what I'd do without her.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:20 PM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I was just thinking of starting a similar thread. Pretty much a poll to see what people do when they don't have the funds or weather to allow them to progress on their trucks. I may still do that.

I too am in idle mode waiting for the weather to change and money to appear in my account. I am trying to refinance my house to combine the first and second mortgages to 5%. It will save me over $200 a month that I hope to allocate a portion of to the truck fund.

I am fortunate in that my Fiance is supportive of me working on my truck. She doesn't want to hear the details but likes the way I light up talking about it with my other friends and enjoys my enthusiasm and the fact that I have an interest that I am passionate about.

I hope to infect her with the old truck bug once we can start cruising in it.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Kusto
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by firstrider
Guys , chill out .Where would be without a good woman who cooks ,cleans and etc. for us so we can have many extra hrs. to work at our jobs which translates into extra $$ & hrs .to invest and work on our healthy habits .I am grateful for having just such a very good woman .

The R word hasn't really set in here in Alberta yet so things are still chugging along. But since I moved my project over to a buddies shop with way more space I haven't had a chance to work on it since work has been so busy. I do plan on working on it after Christmas since I am off work until January 5th.

I'm also glad I took advantage of the strong Canadian dollar this past summer and ordered nearly everything I needed to finish the build. Now just need the time. Based on previous experience time and money are two things that never seem to be on the cycle???

Old 12-23-2008, 07:02 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Mine supports me too. She always makes sure Im packed well with what I need for the shows. She used to go when we were dating but the shows became a victim of "I DO". But if she happy all things work out for the good eventually. Everyone have a good holiday

Old 12-23-2008, 08:01 PM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I'm lucky my wife puts money in my truck fund every week.(Some times more than she knows LOL.)

Old 12-23-2008, 08:13 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I guess I'm one of the few who has a supportive "other half" in my hobby. She is as enthusiastic about the truck as I am, as long as she gets to drive it occasionally I don't know what I'd do without her.
Amen to that,Jeff!!!
My wife is as involved as she wants to be and sure does like to hold the money when I sell something....ask Boley--haha
Bill

Old 12-23-2008, 08:19 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
MONEY ?? WHAT'S THAT ?????? ALWAYS HERE PEOPLE TALK 'BOUT IT BUT I NEVER SEEM TO GET HOLD OF ANY OF IT ............

Old 12-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by firstrider

You'd order out and wouldn't need to clean because you'd always be out in the garage playing with toys!

I guess I need some guy to clean, cook, and "Etc."

Originally Posted by 9teen56f100
Amen firstrider, wouldn't know what to do without her. Don't know how she puts up with me and this hobby but I'm sure thankful she does.
brian...
You guys all bust me up.... You all talk about your wives like some kind of a faithful old dog or something. tee hee. "Yep she useda have yeller hair but now it's all a-gray."

Trust me on this one......chances are she's gonna LET you have you hobbies out in the garage because she sure doesn't want you in the house where she is all the time - makin messes and telling here what to do - then SHE'd have to go out and get a job herself - just for sanity sake!

XOXOXOXO (and a final tee hee)

Merry Christmas

Julie!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:35 AM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1

You guys all bust me up.... You all talk about your wives like some kind of a faithful old dog or something. tee hee. "Yep she useda have yeller hair but now it's all a-gray."

Julie!
Don't know what that is suppose to mean, but any reference to my wife should be what a great woman she is. thanks
brian...