1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I switched over...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:09 PM
tac53parsons
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing was stolen. The toolbox, hitch, brake controller and 08 console were installed by me. The console was replace by the original center jumpseat. The front bumper and lights were merely switched with another vehicle. I was still the registered owner. I didn't sign any documents until I returned to dealership when the new truck was ready. They haven't and never will give you any extra money for upgraded items such as exhaust, hitches, etc. Once again I was still the registered owner. It is impossible to commit an act of theft against yourself. Shorebird, I think you went alittle far with the negative rep points. Do you think a dealership is ever looking out for you or going to help you in any way. If you didn't like the idea I beleive you should keep the opinion to yourself. I am sorry to leave the forum because this place has the best information out of any forum site of checked. I've been looking at the Chevy forum's for the new truck and their not even close to this place.

One final reminder: YOU CAN'T STEAL FROM YOURSELF!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:02 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tac53parsons
Now the funny part. I went and did the deal this morning. I told the dealer I needed to take care of some things and clean out my truck and I would come in later to pick up the new truck. I went down to Friends tow yard and we tore her down. I took out the 08 console and sold it to him for his 99 PSD. We took of the headlights and marker lights and switched it for the nasty 99 one's. His son has a 99 PSD also. His truck had a ding in the front bumper so we swapped bumpers and he ended up getting the factory fog lights also. I snatched my tool box, fifth wheel hitch and brake controller out while I was at it. Went back to the dealership they drove it around back and never said a word..
Let me see if I understand; You did a deal with the truck sitting in front of the salesperson. Then you "needed to take care of some things". You then proceeded to remove items that the truck had in/on it when the deal was agreed to. You also changed out undamaged parts ( bumper, headlights and marker lights for damaged/ nasty ones. Then when the lot boy drove the truck off you were thinking "BOY DID I GET OVER ON THEM"! The last line is my conjecture. You then bragged about doing that here on the forum. I stand by MY OPINION that you stole from the dealer! I also stand by MY OPINION that for such an act any person, let alone a lawman, should be negativly rated! You know that the dealer will do nothing because you are a law enforcement officer, and used that position to get away with a crime, IN MY OPINION! NOW IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY OPINION I DON'T GIVE A RATS A$$! However it would seem that I am not alone in MY OPINION of what you did.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:29 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
And infracted for trying to sell items in the forum!

Last ditch effort before leaving the Ford Truck Enthusiasts?

Time to change your avatar too ... Maybe this will work:

Because you just urinated on the dealer, that's for sure.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Fordfanatic4life
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i still think the dealer made out like a bandit..

they got a F250..

ur stuck with a Chevy now..

and ur gunna need that warrenty.. i quarentee it..

i would take a old Ford over any Year of ****box Chevrolet..

Old 12-12-2008, 07:39 PM
bdavis1369
Mountain Pass
Typical Cop.....F the other guy as much as you can for your own benefit and then try to convince yourself you did nothing wrong...yet you will prob respond to a shoplifting call this weekend and lock up a 13 year old kid for swiping a pack of gum and lecture him the whole ride to the house about what he did was so wrong....glad you dont work on my shift because I wouldn't back you up....Im not going to say "what comes around goes around" because what you did wasnt "THAT" bad but to be a cop and be bragging about something like this just proves your a thug....

Old 12-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Trucker Kev
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not in a million years would I support what the OP did, but respectfully, that is not the behavior of a "typical cop."

Thanks!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:00 PM
brickie
Cargo Master
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Your a cop!!! Great role model bud. You might want to get your name and tags off the forum. The whole think stinks along with your attitude towards honesty.If I had nothing better to do Mr.Parsons your whole county would learn of your honesty. The fact that your proud of what you did and a role model for kids...wow.I hope you are proud of yourself because your the only one.I can see the head line now. Local cop pulls bait and switch.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:02 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
. Do you think a dealership is ever looking out for you or going to help you in any way.

A good dealership will. They'll want your repeat business the next time you want or need a vehicle.

But you can commit fraud. I'm not exactly sure how the deal went down, but it didn't look to me like it was the right thing to do. I try to be completely honest, to a fault you might say. If there is an error in any kind of deal between me and someone else, I hope it benefits the other guy. I sleep better at night that way knowing they won't ever come back and say I didn't treat them fair. That's my 2 cents,,,,

Old 12-12-2008, 08:15 PM
89stinger
Senior User

I believe that you were making a trade with a dealer. NOT YOURSELF! What everyone on here is talking about is called "Ethics" It is obvious that you have none.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:34 PM
brickie
Cargo Master
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
I have been eye balling the new Chevy's for awhile and ended up making the jump today. My F-250 had 132,000 miles on the clock. It was running fine but I kind of wanted the peace of mind of a warranty. The deal was to good to pass up. I bought a new 2007 2500 HD. The truck only has 85 miles on it. Since it was an 07 they were ready to deal. The window sticker was $25,500. They sold the truck for $11,500. I really wanted 4WD but I never use it. I buy the 4WD for looks more than use. The truck is 2WD but it sit's higher than my 250. The only bad part is the tires are 245's, yuk! It has the 6.0L with a six speed tranny auto that can be used as a manual also. 3.73 gears and a 9,200 GVWR which is more than my 250. Now the funny part. I went and did the deal this morning. I told the dealer I needed to take care of some things and clean out my truck and I would come in later to pick up the new truck. I went down to Friends tow yard and we tore her down. I took out the 08 console and sold it to him for his 99 PSD. We took of the headlights and marker lights and switched it for the nasty 99 one's. His son has a 99 PSD also. His truck had a ding in the front bumper so we swapped bumpers and he ended up getting the factory fog lights also. I snatched my tool box, fifth wheel hitch and brake controller out while I was at it. Went back to the dealership they drove it around back and never said a word.

P.S. They had a truck identical to my new one with the duramax and 4WD. Sticker was $41,000. They were letting it go for $24000. EDITTED by MODERATOR - you have been infracted for trying to sell items in open forum
Care to post the dealers name?I dare you!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:53 PM
jorlee
Senior User
Wow, rough group. I did the same thing, except I told the dealer that the grille guard, toolbox, tonneau cover, addon springs, autometer trans temp guage, were coming off since they did not add any value. I had already signed the papers at that point. I took off over 2K worth of stuff. They never batted an eye. I've even talked to the salesman months later, and never had a problem. Dad ended up buying the pickup. So I reinstalled everything.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:59 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Trucker Kev
Not in a million years would I support what the OP did, but respectfully, that is not the behavior of a "typical cop."

Thanks!
Amen to that! If what you did wasn't so bad, why didn't you just tell the dealer "hey, I'm goin' out here to take everything that's worth a sh#$ off my truck and leave you some used crap in its place" instead of saying "uhhh, I need to clean some stuff out of my truck". Dishonest and one of the many reasons (or people) that give police such a bad name.

Go enjoy the Chevy forums because trying to justify this crap is like Charles Manson making a public plea to get into the Priesthood.

I'm a cop too and I may catch some crap here and elsewhere about it but there's no way I'd ever even think about doing something like that let alone brag about it. If you really are a cop, you're no better than any of the other sh*!bag cops out there that give us such a bad reputation. That's the kind of crap that makes those of that do a good job have to work twice as hard as we normally would just to get past the pre-conceived notion that all cops are corrupt. Thanks a helluva lot!

Old 12-12-2008, 10:57 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
OK, the bashing has gone on long enough

I think the original poster got the response he was looking for...

Thread closed