Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
POR-15/ other rust encapsulators

Have any of you guys used POR-15, or any other products, like Eastwoods, on a frame or suspension peice? I know George (gquinn8516) I think has used POR-15, but I'm just trying to get a comparison of the othe products, for use on my 67.
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Post when I get chance

bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
I used a paint called Chassis Saver. I really liked the durability of it and it is made to paint over rust right out of the can. POR-15 takes many steps to get it to work properly (from what I read) and it's way more expensive. But, if following all the steps correctly for POR-15, I believe its a pretty good product.

The downfall of Chassis Saver is that it's UV sensitive, so anything exposed to sunlight will change the Gloss Black to a charcoal or even a grey. The silver color doesn't change much. If I had to do over, I probably would have used Rust Bullet. It's supposed to be as durable and paint over rust application but UV resistant.

77 F250 4x4 Highboy 521 stroker
75 F250 2wd Supercab 460
Old 12-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
I've read that POR-15 has the same issues with UV sensitivity Buck. I did read an article about the stuff Eastwood sells, that was out of a restoration magazine, that they have posted on their website, I'm just waiting to find some more info.

Did you spray, or brush yours on Buck?
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Post when I get chance

bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
I did spray the frame and axles, but my inner fenders and other parts I brushed it on. You really can't even tell I used a brush either. It evens out pretty well. I only sprayed the frame because at the time, I had access to my brothers mechanic shop and his tools. If I didn't, I probably would have brushed it on.

77 F250 4x4 Highboy 521 stroker
75 F250 2wd Supercab 460
Old 12-05-2008, 05:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter

Tags
15, f150, nebraska, por, por15, products