Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-25-2008, 02:33 PM
jwrape jwrape is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
jwrape is starting off with a positive reputation.
Interior(console) and exterior(body) touch up paint

Picking up a 05' Pearl white Navigator tonight. It has a couple little chips on the doors that need to be touched up and the rear console looks aweful, VERY scratched. Is there a place to find that flat silver interor paint and where to get good pearl white exterior touch up paint?

Oh, by the way, although I had to re-sign up to this forum. I used to frequent this place all the time back in 2000 and 2001. Use to have a couple for trucks, a 98 F150 STX and a 98' Expedition.
Here is my old Ford pics just for fun
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
madsonp's Avatar
madsonp madsonp is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Billings, Montana
Posts: 2,006
madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrape View Post
Picking up a 05' Pearl white Navigator tonight. It has a couple little chips on the doors that need to be touched up and the rear console looks aweful, VERY scratched. Is there a place to find that flat silver interor paint and where to get good pearl white exterior touch up paint?

Oh, by the way, although I had to re-sign up to this forum. I used to frequent this place all the time back in 2000 and 2001. Use to have a couple for trucks, a 98 F150 STX and a 98' Expedition.
Here is my old Ford pics just for fun
Click the image to open in full size.
Any auto parts store should have touch up paint if your color is a stock color. If it's not a stock color, unless you have the paint code you probably won't be able to match it very well. The interior paint needs to be a paint made for plastic, there again an auto parts store should be able to help you out.
__________________
2012 F-250 Lariat 6.2 L 4x4 (The Beast)
2013 Edge (Wife's)
76 E-350 Motorhome 460ci
42 Ford 9N Tractor (old pig)

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-26-2008, 06:12 AM
jwrape jwrape is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
jwrape is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsonp View Post
The interior paint needs to be a paint made for plastic, there again an auto parts store should be able to help you out.

I've never seen the interior paint at the Autoparts store.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 AM
alwaysfords41's Avatar
alwaysfords41 alwaysfords41 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,742
alwaysfords41 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You can also get it from Ford Interior Spray Paint

Download the pdf catalog, page 50 gives you the part number for the interior paints.
__________________
2010 Expedition Limited now @ 27k
2012 Expedition Limited now @ 17k
Gone but not forgotten;
1995 Bronco XLT, 1996 Explorer XLT, 1999 Expedition EB, 2003 Expedition EB, 2004 Expedition EB Premium
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-26-2008, 07:46 AM
jwrape jwrape is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
jwrape is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysfords41 View Post
You can also get it from Ford Interior Spray Paint

Download the pdf catalog, page 50 gives you the part number for the interior paints.
That's exactly what I was looking for.... Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
madsonp's Avatar
madsonp madsonp is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Billings, Montana
Posts: 2,006
madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrape View Post
I've never seen the interior paint at the Autoparts store.
I picked some up for my 99 at Napa auto.
__________________
2012 F-250 Lariat 6.2 L 4x4 (The Beast)
2013 Edge (Wife's)
76 E-350 Motorhome 460ci
42 Ford 9N Tractor (old pig)

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
jwrape jwrape is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
jwrape is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsonp View Post
I picked some up for my 99 at Napa auto.
Was it the same flat silver as the 05' Gators?
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2004, 97, 9n, body, code, console, expedition, f150, ford, interior, paint, thte, touch, touching, truck, uo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup