Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 03:39 PM
tolmite
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mirror

Well, this past weekend deer hunting, my truck got into a scuffle with a tree. Well, the tree took a swipe at my passenger side view mirror (telescoping mirrors) and bent it backwards and broke the plastic covering. Is it possible to replace just the plastic covering?

Old 11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
yes, just need to find it at a salvage yard or on fleabay. otherwise, big $$$ at the stealer.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or you can buy my set . They are hard to find at a good price.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:26 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I would buy JD's set if I was you! Then you'll have a spare in case you break another one! Just DON'T go buy a set off of ebay, they SUCK

Old 11-20-2008, 07:50 PM
camodown
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The skull cap is replaceable and not too hard, but if you buy Justin's since then you have an extra mirror for if the other mirror gets broken. With my luck, I'd replace the skull cap on one side and the next day the drivers side would break. haha

Old 11-20-2008, 07:59 PM
robinsonpowerstroke
Laughing Gas
Justin, I sent you a personal message about you mirrors?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 PM
AustinS
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd definitely jump on any that someone here will sell you. The cheapest online from Ford Parts Discounters is $149.40 and that's just the housing.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

I got lucky on Craigslist for my pass side when I jacked mine up.

Good luck.

Austin

Old 11-20-2008, 08:16 PM
robinsonpowerstroke
Laughing Gas
I was wondering how hard it is to replace the piece that breaks when your mirror is folded forward (the wrong way)?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
I lucked out big time last year when I picked up my set of heated tow mirrors for $240 from a member at another site. They are flawless. I was able to sell my old TT mirrors for $195 so I wasn't out much in the end.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:27 PM
BioHazrdMan
Senior User
Originally Posted by tolmite
Well, this past weekend deer hunting, my truck got into a scuffle with a tree. Well, the tree took a swipe at my passenger side view mirror (telescoping mirrors) and bent it backwards and broke the plastic covering. Is it possible to replace just the plastic covering?
Did you at least get a deer?!? I got a 8 point and the wifey got a 6 point last Sunday! Good luck getting it fixed.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:22 PM
tolmite
Junior User
Originally Posted by BioHazrdMan
Did you at least get a deer?!? I got a 8 point and the wifey got a 6 point last Sunday! Good luck getting it fixed.
Unfortunately I didn't come home with any deer, just came home with truck problems. The auto locking hubs are not working either now, thank god for the manual locking feature or I would probably still be stuck up north. But there is still time left and I'll be back out this weekend

Congrats to you and your wife!!! Nice job on the deer!!!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
rebelchevy02
Posting Guru
I waxed a deer with my mirror. The plastic stayed in tact, and but the glass both came off, bounced off the truck, and smashed when they hit the ground. If you have my style power mirrors, and yours is the drivers side, you can have it, and just put your glass into it.

Mine are this style. Let me know, I dont have much use for it. Cant get replacement glass. Had to buy the whole thing.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:14 PM
tolmite
Junior User
Originally Posted by rebelchevy02
I waxed a deer with my mirror. The plastic stayed in tact, and but the glass both came off, bounced off the truck, and smashed when they hit the ground. If you have my style power mirrors, and yours is the drivers side, you can have it, and just put your glass into it.

Mine are this style. Let me know, I dont have much use for it. Cant get replacement glass. Had to buy the whole thing.

Thanks for the generous offer I really appreciate it and those are the same mirrors I have but mine is the passenger side.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Layson
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ponyboychris
I lucked out big time last year when I picked up my set of heated tow mirrors for $240 from a member at another site. They are flawless. I was able to sell my old TT mirrors for $195 so I wasn't out much in the end.
Wow did you work that out good...

I just gave my old mirrors away when I got new ones....

Old 11-21-2008, 02:03 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tolmite
You can order just the back cover for the tow mirrors. I just ordered them for both left and right mirror from FTEPartsGuy.

Check Here LINK If you use the drill down menu for a 99 they are $27 plus change each, using 2000 drill down menu they were $22 plus change each. Go figure The stealership says they can't be ordered separately and wants you to buy the whole mirror assembly

Quick Reply: Mirror