Sponsored by: Moser

Platinum delays letter

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Platinum delays letter

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o>Ok I'm not having any luck with the monkeys on these call lines and about to write a letter to the board of directors and few other ford people about these delays. Let me know if there's anything else you think i could add into the letter. </o>
<o></o>
<o>What other people can i send this to at ford???</o>
<o></o>
<o>Also if you are waiting for your platinum truck it might be worth contacting them as well if you already haven't.</o>

<o></o>
Dear Ford Motor Company,
RE: Order no. **** / Order PEP ****
My family and I have been loyal Ford customers for many years. However, I regret to inform you that my most recent experience with your company has left me extremely dissatisfied and disappointed in your company and customer relations.
On July 4, 2008 my local Ford dealership (F*****) placed my order for the 2009 F-150 Platinum truck. At that time, it was understood that the truck would not be delivered for about two months. Then, due to the economic downfall, the 2009 truck release was delayed and I received a delivery date of October 22, 2008. However, it is now nearing the end of October, and I have been informed that the truck will not be shipped from the factory until the middle of December due to “delays”. Unfortunately, my dealership has not been keeping me properly informed of my order or its progress, and I had to assume the responsibility of contacting your customer service department who were also unable to provide the necessary information about my order.
This extended delay has cost me dearly. I was looking to replace my current work vehicle with one of your fine trucks. However, while awaiting the arrival of the 2009 truck, I have had to spend thousands of dollars on repairs to my current vehicle, which in turn cost me time that I was unable to work. Had I known that the truck would not arrive for six months I would have shopped around. Furthermore, as the 2009 release creeps closer to the release of the 2010 truck, my 2009 truck is depreciating before it is even received. Not only am I losing money there but my trade-in is depreciating in value as well. My wife and I had gotten pre-approved for the truck through our local credit union and were prepared to pay for the 2009 truck in full on October 22 as the dealership failed to inform us of the impending “delays”.
I am writing to inform you that all Ford has done to compensate for such misfortunes is provide a X-plan pin, which would only save us about $200 from the invoice price which is too high given the delays and depreciation, and a service plan not worth much more. I feel that in such economic times when truck manufactures are suffering, nothing is being done to satisfy or entice customers to invest their money in your product.
I look forward to receiving your explanation of these matters and will be interested to see how you plan to compensate your customers that have been and will be patiently waiting for the delivery of their vehicle for six months at their financial loss and inconvenience.
<o></o>
Sincerely,
<o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>

Old 10-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1. If your dealership was dumb enough to promise you a truck on a certain time frame that wasn't even into production yet....then blame them, not ford. when I ordered my 07 they wouldn't quote me any closer than a month, yet those trucks were already in production.

2. Seriously, do you think ford can afford to give you the truck for next to free? They can't barely keep their employees on the job, yet you want another discount?

3. Again, if you want the best truck, you'll wait, if not, go buy a toyota...or a dodge....or a chevy..

4. lastly, you do know that sending your letter to the board of directors or the ceo or whoever you're going to send it to is going to ensure your letter gets to some secretary who is underpaid and overworked, and he or she will have to send you a carbon copy "we're sorry" letter.....not accomplishing anything other than making them more work...

Old 10-26-2008, 10:34 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
"I look forward to receiving your explanation of these matters and will be interested to see how you plan to compensate your customers that have been and will be patiently waiting for the delivery of their vehicle for six months at their financial loss and inconvenience."

Sounds as if you are rather impatient. What would you have had to say if the dealer had told you that you were not going to get the truck when you expected it?

I have been informed that the truck will not be shipped from the factory until the middle of December due to “delays”. "I had to assume the responsibility of contacting your customer service department who were also unable to provide the necessary information about my order."

Now let me get this correct. The dealer did not tell you about the delay and customer service didn't either. So just who is your source of information?

Old 10-26-2008, 10:50 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I can greatly understand your being upset, i would be too, but unfortunately, you will probably get nowhere with them.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
1. If your dealership was dumb enough to promise you a truck on a certain time frame that wasn't even into production yet....then blame them, not ford. when I ordered my 07 they wouldn't quote me any closer than a month, yet those trucks were already in production.

My Dealer was telling me what the computer system was telling them. If ford knew that they was going to delay the release of the truck then they should have told people this. Not kept them waiting and then changing date's month after month. My dealer ain't building the truck, Ford are.

2. Seriously, do you think ford can afford to give you the truck for next to free? They can't barely keep their employees on the job, yet you want another discount?

Lol you think ford ain't making money from these trucks!! If every other company can afford to do 0% finance and incentives then yes they are making quite a bit of money on these trucks. If Ford would get these trucks out to people then perhaps they would be bringing some cash in so that they can pay these people who are meant to be working instead of keeping them off work.

3. Again, if you want the best truck, you'll wait, if not, go buy a toyota...or a dodge....or a chevy..

I have no problem waiting but when my truck is sitting in a storage yard losing more and more money everyday it sits there and then they send them out to customers they really expect us to pay the full asking price. My truck will be outdated in 6 months by a newer model. Clearly you more than happy to just throw your money at ford. Well I'm not. If they want to add in 6 months worth of devaluation and out of pocket expenses to me then I'm fine with that.

4. lastly, you do know that sending your letter to the board of directors or the ceo or whoever you're going to send it to is going to ensure your letter gets to some secretary who is underpaid and overworked, and he or she will have to send you a carbon copy "we're sorry" letter.....not accomplishing anything other than making them more work...

You know his how???? and if it was true then clearly this is why ford are in trouble. Dont listen to your cutomers and you will find you have none.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by shorebird
"I look forward to receiving your explanation of these matters and will be interested to see how you plan to compensate your customers that have been and will be patiently waiting for the delivery of their vehicle for six months at their financial loss and inconvenience."

Sounds as if you are rather impatient. What would you have had to say if the dealer had told you that you were not going to get the truck when you expected it?

I have been informed that the truck will not be shipped from the factory until the middle of December due to “delays”. "I had to assume the responsibility of contacting your customer service department who were also unable to provide the necessary information about my order."

Now let me get this correct. The dealer did not tell you about the delay and customer service didn't either. So just who is your source of information?
If the delaer had told me that it would be almost 6 months till i get the truck after i ordered it then i would have bought a 08 that day. But i was told about 5 different dates upto today. The date gets close then it changes. Im almost sure it will be changed again when decmber come around.

I have had many sources for my infomation from helpful people on here, Calling my dealer to get them to check into why it's delayed and getting ford customer relations to call me as there customer service is useless. I am still waiting on calls from my delaer and ford as to why it's delayed. That was about a week ago. I have since been told by forum members who are in the know why there is a delay. But even they aint 100% sure why. Whats the problem with the keeping me updated??? Feels like to me they dont care about having my cash.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by LxMan1
I can greatly understand your being upset, i would be too, but unfortunately, you will probably get nowhere with them.

Upset aint the word. Im down over $10k (current suv repairs, time off work and turned down work due to not being able to pull my trailer to jobs). Thats not includeing the devaluation of the truck when i get it. Seems like people on here people would have no problem getting ripped of by Ford. Yeah it's a good truck and i dont mind waiting for it but it's the cost thats affecting me now. If i pull out now then that 10K+ that could have paid for 1/2 the price of the 08 i would have bought. I would be silly to cancel. They aint even said sorry for the delay and that alone makes me mad.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:24 AM
anike7
New User
I work at Dearborn Truck and am not sure whether your truck was built at my plant or KC. If your truck was built at my plant and you have a vin I may be able to get you more info on its status. However, here is some info on the status of the 09's at Dearborn. They were ok'd to ship last thursday 10/23/08. However, there are numerours trucks that are on hold on the lots that need repair. They finally brought people in this weekend to work on those trucks. Also, we had a union meeting this past Saturday, and our president said that the platinum truck was on hold. I found that interesting because we built a bunch of platinum trucks the first week of launch and have not built another one since(like in the past 4 weeks).I understand your frustration and hope this might help a little.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:45 AM
WaylongJennings
Junior User
Lol at the dealer for not telling you about the delay.

think you're the only person who is waiting for the Platinums? I have 3 other customers who want one fullyl oaded and I told them about the delay, they understood and now they're PATIENTLY waiting until I hear something from Ford. The dealership that you go to should be at fault. Not Ford, they made it well known that the trucks wont be made for a good while.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:24 PM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
screw the 09 F150 and go buy yourself a new 09 Ram, they are very nice and ride smooth. They have been given just as high of reviews as the Ford.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't tow much weight with the half ton dodge though, seems like he needs to be able to tow a trailer to job sites

Old 10-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WaylongJennings
Lol at the dealer for not telling you about the delay.

think you're the only person who is waiting for the Platinums? I have 3 other customers who want one fullyl oaded and I told them about the delay, they understood and now they're PATIENTLY waiting until I hear something from Ford. The dealership that you go to should be at fault. Not Ford, they made it well known that the trucks wont be made for a good while.
Well if they are happy to have waited 6 months then thats upto them. But i aint and i can tell you now that if they was down as much $ as i was due to the delays then they would also be as pi**ed as i am at the moment. Why should my dealership be at fault when it aint them building the truck? They just tell me whats on the computer screen. Now if they were the ones building the truck then yes of course it would be my dealers fault.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by carbonmetallic
screw the 09 F150 and go buy yourself a new 09 Ram, they are very nice and ride smooth. They have been given just as high of reviews as the Ford.
There's no way on this earth i would by a 09 ram. See one today being loaded with boxes of icream mix in the bed and when the fork lift let the weight of its forks the rear of the ram was on the floor. It's looked like it was gonna tip up. the bloke who owned the ram come back about 2 hours later with a crappy old chevy and put the same pallet on that and it hardly even dropped at the rear. Def would be any good for towing my trailer or loading it up with any weight.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:46 PM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
personally if I am towing anything heavy I would get a F250, not the F150. A half ton's axle isnt built for heavy ****, you really need something heavier duty, 3/4 ton +.

Especially now days, you can get a loaded out diesel for about 20 to 25K off the sticker without many bargaining skills. I saw a F250 4x4 diesel original price around 50K and they were asking 30K brand new. What a steal, if I wasnt upside down on my 07 expedition I would consider it, but then again I already have a 05 F250 FX4 for the ranch that I use to pull stuff with.

Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
There's no way on this earth i would by a 09 ram. See one today being loaded with boxes of icream mix in the bed and when the fork lift let the weight of its forks the rear of the ram was on the floor. It's looked like it was gonna tip up. the bloke who owned the ram come back about 2 hours later with a crappy old chevy and put the same pallet on that and it hardly even dropped at the rear. Def would be any good for towing my trailer or loading it up with any weight.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by carbonmetallic
personally if I am towing anything heavy I would get a F250, not the F150. A half ton's axle isnt built for heavy ****, you really need something heavier duty, 3/4 ton +.

Especially now days, you can get a loaded out diesel for about 20 to 25K off the sticker without many bargaining skills. I saw a F250 4x4 diesel original price around 50K and they were asking 30K brand new. What a steal, if I wasnt upside down on my 07 expedition I would consider it, but then again I already have a 05 F250 FX4 for the ranch that I use to pull stuff with.

Most i will tow would be about 7-8000lbs so wouldnt want to upgraded to a F250. I am using it as my daily driver and weekend transport so wanted something more on the lux side. The Platinum fits my needs perfect.

Quick Reply: Platinum delays letter