Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup studs will be in my near future I do believe. We will see

Old 09-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Talyn
Yes, those pics would be awesome to see!

I'd love a clutch like that. I can be pretty tractor clutch heavy, and, well a cheep LUK like I have on my truck just burns. hahaha.

Everyone award neal with some clicky jelousy points.
And make sure you put "jelous" in the box. =)
Thanx Talyn. That was very nice of you. Thanx for the jealous clicky.

I still cannot believe how well this came together. We had a little modifying to do to things like the exhaust DP had to be lengthened about 2" and the intake pipe that came with the kit needed to be fixed. It came built backwards as far as the CCV pipe is mounted so we cut it off. As you see in the pics. We also added a mounting bracket to it because it didn't have one. Also we had to fabricate a connection to the fuel return to get it over the new intakes.

I will try to get those pics posted up. It may take a few dys for the pics of the kit prior to install.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:42 PM
foxracing0934
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neal, did those intercooler pipes come with the H2E kit or did you have those on there preiviously? And the y-pipe that comes with the kit, is that 3" outlet or did you get that because of the 3" intakes that you bought? Thanks, Richard

Old 09-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Typically if you order the kit from the manufacturer or another vender the kit will come with one cooler pipe. You are supposed to use your original one with the kit. Well since I didn't have any but needed them Beans diesel made sure that I got one with the kit. They didn't charge any more and I think they send both pipes with all their kits (not sure).

As far as the y-pipe I did ask Beans to send the 3" y-pipe instead of the smaller one . And yes I got that one because of the larger intake manifolds.

I would highly recommend getting the kits from Beans instead of the other vendors. I spoke with a few and Beans was the best with flexibility and customer support. Beans is a couple hundred more but you get exactly what you wanted and ordered. I was worrying I wouldn't because of the somewhat special order but it came exactly as I wanted.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Fuel Bowl mod

For you guys interested. Another thing I was thinking about was the fuel bowl. As most of you know the fuel bowl gets in the way of many mods and I plan on eliminating it but after buying this kit it will have to wait a while.

So what I did when we installed the kit is to leave the bowl in for the entire installation. My plans were to leave it in to find out if it will fit with the kit and remove it if necessary to install the kit and reinstall the bowl. Well we were able to get the kit in without even removing the bowl. Although we did remove the two mounting bolts temporarily.

So the bowl got to stay and this is how. We installed the passenger mounting bolt loosley and rotated the bowl clockwise just a bit. It was enough to clear the y-pipe and the HPOP. Then we tightened it down with the one bolt.
Here are some pics

So long story short. There was one bolt left over after the job. Good thing is that we know where it came from and was left off intentionally. LOL

Old 09-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Fuel Return and GPR mods

Due to the new height of the aluminum Intake manifolds we had to refabricate the return fuel line that comes from the front of the drivers side head. We used standard 1/8" npt brass fittings and too several tries to get it right. We even had to install and remove the manifold three times to get it right. For this reason here are some pics so hopefully you can do the job and not go thru what I had to do.

We also had to relocate the GPR because the bracket would no longer work. I just cut the stock bracket off and left one bolt hole and remounted it sideways on the bracket that used to hold the plastic engine cover that nobody ever uses anyway. At least it is used now.

I hope this helps you guys some.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
hahah! great reuse of the unused part.

CHeers.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:03 PM
FARM69
Postmaster
What is the braided line you have there?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:19 PM
BlueMule
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FARM69

HPO lines from the pump to the head.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:01 PM
BlueMule
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Neil that looks really good, I wish my engine compartment looked half as clean as yours. So how did you do the oil return? And here are some more pics that you can't see.

For the fuel return I used a 45 in the head.

here you can see where I notched the plenum to fit around the fitting

I tried to take a pic of the GPR bracket but theres just to much stuff in the way so all I got was a lousy pictures. I trimmed the bracket and mounted it on the studs that I removed from the rear of the drivers side valve cover

Old 09-17-2008, 10:26 PM
mcdavidson
Senior User
X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO VERY NICE!!!!!

I WANT'S ONE!!!!

(or two )

Originally Posted by Cuda_jim
Neal, I watched your other thread and didn't have much to add to all the other guys except one thing:

I'm so friggin green with envy! I could just
That is one, tidy, install. Great job!

Thanks for the picts too, I can see you didn't have much time for picts
with all the beer and food and a little wrenching that got done LOL

Old 09-17-2008, 10:49 PM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
very nice install, musta been an hell of a project to takle over the weekend

Old 09-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by FARM69
Yes like Rodney said they are HPO lines. You have them too probably. They are just covered withsome wire loom from the factory.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BlueMule
Neil that looks really good, I wish my engine compartment looked half as clean as yours. So how did you do the oil return? And here are some more pics that you can't see.

For the fuel return I used a 45 in the head.

here you can see where I notched the plenum to fit around the fitting

I tried to take a pic of the GPR bracket but theres just to much stuff in the way so all I got was a lousy pictures. I trimmed the bracket and mounted it on the studs that I removed from the rear of the drivers side valve cover

I did the oil return with a 90*. Take a look at the pics in the previous post. I bet a 45* would have worked good but I don't believe we had one. We had a problem clearing the bolt head. We could either get the bolt on or the line, not both so we had to used this setup. This little problem took the most amount of time to overcome too. Crazy huh?

And yes you are correct I can't see those pics but I will this weekend I willl be able to get online then.

Quick Reply: H2E installed w/pics !!!