Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow When the Absolute Worst Happens ########

JUST SAW THIS IN ANOTHER FORUM, A Customer and a 4WP employee going at it

YOU ARE BEYOND FOOLISH AND ARROGANT TO COME IN HERE Mr. 4wp

4WP tries so hard to be honorable.
YES BUT IF YOUR CORPORATION IS UNLAWFUL AND DECEPTIVE AS A WHOLE,
THEN BY DEFINITION YOU ARE TAINTED AS WELL. YOUR POLICES AND PROCEDURES ARE 4WP

The Buy 3 get 1 free that we ofer every now and then, yes we put the price up to list price,
YES YOU DO, RAISING THE PRICE BEFORE A SALE IS DECEPTIVE

And as far as the used/new parts, that part should have been placed in test and rebox and if ever sold should be understood to the customer that the box has been opened/installed, it should not have been sold as new and the complaint needs to be made.
NON-SENSE, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY RETURNS YOU HAVE PER DAY NATIONWIDE??
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH LESS MONEY YOUR COMPANY WOULD MAKE IF IT DIDN'T RE-SELL USED PRODUCTS AS NEW?? ITS COMPANY POLICY

YOU NEED TO BE REALISTIC HERE AS YOU CANT disassociate YOURSELF FROM THE UNLAWFUL AND DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES OF YOUR COMPANY.
YOUR COMPANY HAS DESTROYED AND IS DESTROYING BRAND NEW 4X4'S ALL ACROSS THIS COUNTRY WITH NON CERTIFIED MECHANICS WHO ARE IN THE THE TRAINING PROCESS THAT LEARN ON OUR VEHICLES TO GET THEIR LICENSE

LOOK AT THE AGES OF THESE PEOPLE, where is the senior tech???

YOUR BOSS GREG ADLER NEEDS TO COME CLEAN, AS HE WAS WAS INVOLVED IN THIS FROM DAY ONE, TRASHED A BRAND NEW VEHICLE, DESTROYED IT AND SAID
F' OFF, "We have unlimited resources to crush you."

The Pro Comp lift kit does not fit, no problem we
will just grind and spray paint

Lets make the engine into shrapnel

Anybody want to commit Odometer Fraud on your
leased vehicle, 4WP will provide you with a zero mile odometer NP

Thinking you just bought a brand new exhaust, NOPE 4WP installs a USED One

4WP will sell anything, no matter if its garbage, had to re-welded

Rear Diff skid plate, NP, lets pinch the rear brake line

YOU CAN BELIEVE WHAT STATE INVESTIGATOR FINDINGS ARE AND WHAT THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY SAID ABOUT YOUR COMPANY AS A WHOLE BELOW:

WHAT 4WP IS TERRIFIED OF
Federal Trade Commission
Internet Fraud Complaint Center
Office of Defects Investigation
VEHICLE REPAIR ACT

Old 09-12-2008, 06:15 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
wow... i always knew they were crooked but i think you have some issues with them, lol

-cutts-

Old 09-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive read this in a few places.... Looks like there finally getting bent over, seems to be the way they do there customers though. But what goes around comes around.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:20 PM
iggybob44
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hathor,you make a lot of allegations regarding the company in question,a lot of pictures of questionable work,practices,etc. you have got a copy of a letter from an investigating agency,and it only states that they have received a complaint from you,not any actual wrongdoing,and your initial post sounds like a rant,its got a ton of spelling and grammatical errors,and seems to be composed in an irrational manner. You might want to be careful posting this material since it sounds like these allegations havent been proven yet,and a company might consider this to be libelous! Ive bought products from this company,and had items installed without problems,but thats just my experience!

Old 09-13-2008, 01:30 AM
Hathor
Freshman User
Originally Posted by iggybob44
Hathor,you make a lot of allegations regarding the company in question,a lot of pictures of questionable work,practices,etc. you have got a copy of a letter from an investigating agency,and it only states that they have received a complaint from you,not any actual wrongdoing,and your initial post sounds like a rant,its got a ton of spelling and grammatical errors,and seems to be composed in an irrational manner. You might want to be careful posting this material since it sounds like these allegations havent been proven yet,and a company might consider this to be libelous! Ive bought products from this company,and had items installed without problems,but thats just my experience!
I GUESS YOU MISSED THIS PART AT THE TOP OF POST

JUST SAW THIS IN ANOTHER FORUM, A Customer and a 4WP employee going at it

and yes, those violations issued by the California Bureau of Automotive Repair are confirmed, you can call yourself if you like, I DID

You sound like a 4WP employee HECKLER to me.........THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM

Why don't you Google = 4 Wheel Parts Complaints and see what comes up.........or better yet i can paste it

Just read these reviews
4 Wheel Parts Reviewa Link

ACTUAL 4WP SCAMS PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT ALL OVER THE INTERNET

1) My favorite 4WP scam is the "buy 3, get 1 free" deal on the Procomp tires or shocks. Whenever they offer this deal they also jack up the price by about $20-$30/tire and/or raise shipping,or i must buy their tire warranty to get free shipping. They also add F.E.T tax and Pallet Fees, even though the tires did not come on a pallet. (Shipping Complaints should be made to the Federal Trade Commission and the Internet Fraud Complaint Center)

2) I also dealt the the "shipping charges" when getting parts. As mentioned they never have any real 4x4 parts in stock and wanted to charge me shipping even if I picked the parts up at the store.....WTF
(Shipping Complaints should be made to the Federal Trade Commission and the Internet Fraud Complaint Center)

3) My favorite is the Warn M8000 I almost ordered from them online. They were advertising free shipping. Weeee! Well, when I got to the page to confirm my order I noticed that there was a $50 handling charge.
(Shipping Complaints should be made to the Federal Trade Commission and the Internet Fraud Complaint Center)

4) Not only did 4 Wheel Parts screw up my order, there were over 10 parts missing from my kit. Even though they messed up, they forced me to pay for Re-Shipping the crap back to them. When i got the second box, i noticed the original factory seals had also be opened.

5) Tire Warranty, (No Questions Asked) is Deceptive. No questions asked means just that, (If anything happens to my tire, no questions will be asked and replaced.) Not the case, its “False & Misleading” to consumers for the fact that the warranty does ask questions and allows 4WP to reject tire warranty claims at anytime.

6) SELLING USED EQUIPMENT AS NEW. I purchased a Bulley Dog triple dog combo diesel tuner and outlook monitor. This order was placed at the Special Events annual truck show in Bloomsburg Pa which i attend every year.

About a week later i received a package and upon opening it i realized it was previously opened and had been resealed to look like it was not tampered with. The lable on the box was also for a ford not my dodge. I also noticed that there was carbon on a part that gets installed in the exhaust manifold (meaning it was used). Also some small parts that would normally be in a factory sealed box were all in a Zip Lock bag.

In short i received a used unit w/ missing parts that was the wrong one in the first place !!!

Dennis
Brick, New Jersey

7)IMPROPER INSTALLATION, I had a 3' Rancho Lift Kit Installed on my Chevy Tahoe. I have been quite happy with a number of Rancho lift kits installed on differnt vehicles over the years so was surprised when I was hearing strange noises.

This particular 4 Wheel parts location has moved but I'm making this posting as a warning to others to be careful about their incompentence.

After numerous complaints via the phone and in person I was deemed a nusiance customer and they ignored me. They did try to grease fittings and grind areas that they thought were rubbing. Nothing was working. They finally told me I was a nusance and because my truck had fairly high mileage on it, I should get use to the noise.

I was driving towards the freeway one day about a mile from the on-ramp when I came upon a 4 way stop. When I put my foot on the brake the pedal went all the way to the floor and i of course went through the intersection. luckily no one else was at the intersection.

The outcome of all of this was that the brake line was improperly routed through the lift kit. It was the cause of the noise and finally broke. had it happened on the freeway, I could have been killed with potentially several others since my Chevy tahoe is not a light vehicle and I don't tend to drive it slow.

I tried to get 4 Wheel Parts to address the issue and give me a refund. I had the brake cable replaced elsewhere. They refused to do anything about the issue and to this day I'm still disputing the credit charge with the credit company 4 Wheel Parts offers to their customers directly.

Barry
Tarzana, California
U.S.A.

VEHICLE REPAIR ACT link

The internet is littered with complaints, just search 4WP Complaints

This is how 4WP responds if they completely mess up your TRUCK

As 4 Wheel Parts did sell after market parts/labor to the customer. 4 Wheel Parts has no credible evidence that the parts/labor provided were improper and/or not of the highest quality. We have tried to work with Mr. Customer on several occasions with the alleged problems he is encountering, but to no avail.

This is how you should respond back in kind

As 4 Wheel Parts did provide labor and after market parts that were well (above) what was the original agreed upon price. The parts were improperly installed on the vehicle as to make contact with other suspension components and vital equipment used in stopping the vehicle. This improper installation has lead to inadvertent component contact and may lead to complete unit failure resulting in injury and/or death of vehicle occupants.

Furthermore, it is 4 Wheel Parts well established common business practice to sell used/returned equipment as new, engage in Unlawful and Deceptive Business Practices by adding hidden and/or additional fees with respect to Free Shipping and other Advertisements, and add warranties to the invoice without prior permission

CURRENT Unsatisfactory BBB Reports of which this company has FAILED TO RESPOND, giving very bad experiences below. All companies have complaints, but failing to respond may add insult to injury, salt in the wound

Albuquerque, NM

Jacksonville, FL

Bakersfield, CA

Chula Vista, CA

Tampa, FL

Portland, OR

Memphis, TN

WHAT 4WP IS TERRIFIED OF
Federal Trade Commission
Internet Fraud Complaint Center
Office of Defects Investigation
VEHICLE REPAIR ACT

Last edited by Hathor; 09-13-2008 at 02:09 AM. Reason: LINK
Old 09-13-2008, 02:00 AM
maverick1701
Posting Guru
dang.....whoever wrote that seems pretty pissed. Until now I have always heard stories about their bad service but nothing really substantial.
I have only purchased 1 thing from them so far and it went smoothly but I dont know if I want to risk getting screwed by them before I learn my lesson. thanks for the heads-up

Old 09-13-2008, 03:10 AM
Hathor
Freshman User
I will never let this happen to me.......I tell ya

Old 09-13-2008, 07:29 AM
teds74ford
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had some issues with them, but I am not this intent on being upset about it. Hopefully, if this is legit, 4WP gets what is coming to them. I guess we'll see.

My advice to the original poster would be to take it easy. It isn't really THAT unknown around the internet that there is problems with this company.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:19 AM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by teds74ford
My advice to the original poster would be to take it easy. It isn't really THAT unknown around the internet that there is problems with this company.
apparently so, but they still get thousands of dollars a day from people who just dont know any better.

-cutts-

Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Truckin4life
Just incase anybody was wondering....

I like bacon....

Thread hi jack over...

Old 09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
rplatt56
Senior User
Glad I got got a good private owned 4 whell shop here in my town. The owner stands behind everything he does. He even gives unsolicited discounts on some work done.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Truckin4life
Yea thats always a nice thing to know, especially when they warranty all the work they do.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:04 PM
iggybob44
Post Fiend
Hathor,im not an Employee of 4wp. What i said was the letter proved nothing,its only an indication that they were investigating allegations,#1. The letter that lists violations isnt dated,has no letterhead on it,and doesnt list the company in question,so it could be almost anything,#2. The manner in which you put this together suggests that your anger and emotions effected this post,which makes this post appear amateurish and vindictive,#3. A company of this size,with a lot of stores is likely to have more problems than a small company due to business volume,its simple math.There are very few Companies who have been in business any length of time who havent gotten complaints,some are valid,some are unfounded! the very nature of this company,much of it involving modifications to vehicles,frequently to an extent that they are dramatically and radically different than stock,increases the chances for problems. As i said,ive both purchased from them and had them install a lift kit and Detroit locker in a vehicle of mine some years back,and i was satisfied by there service.I had the install done about 10-12 years back,i dont have that truck anymore,and in the years since the co. has grown a lot. They may very well have grown too fast,and in growing they may have gotten sloppy,crooked,or otherwise unethical. Im just giving you my experience,and cautioning you about the dangers of making allegations that wouldnt hold up if this was in court. You put together a hodge-podge of photos,documents,and testimonials,that cant be easily verified,and there is no question that 4wp is a big company with lots of resources(and Attorneys) that could consider this libelous action. If and when a judgement is issued that holds this company liable for unethical business practices,and the like,then and only then they have serious problems! Until that happens,they are accorded the same presumption that you and i are,"Innocent until proven Guilty".....Is that clear enough for you? Bob

Old 09-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Truckin4life
iggy bob, just so you know... He copied and pasted that from another website.... Its not the first time ive seen it. I think its more than one person takin on 4wp...
Just so ya know man!

Old 09-13-2008, 03:18 PM
iggybob44
Post Fiend
4wp may indeed be a crooked company,or at the very least they may have bad stores or unethical employees,as big as they have gotten,it would shock me if there werent any problems! My problem with the post,relates to all the unproven innuendo,pieced together stuff,etc. I liken it to the Current presidential race politics,lots of stuff taken out of context,anonymous sources of info,incomplete documents,and so on! If this company is actually commiting what is alleged,those with legal issues with them need to go about this in well thought out,literate and intelligent manner. Fair or not,people will judge you based on first impressions,and if you go after a company in what would appear to be an amatuerish,angry way, you wont be taken as seriously......

Quick Reply: When the Absolute Worst Happens ########