Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Project SuperSnake

I have a 85 F150 that my son and I have been slowly working on for a year.
So far we got a 302 and my son and a fellow member here at FTE rebuilt it for me. My oldest son also rebuilt all my fuel injectors. I did all the cleaning and painting so far.

Here is a few pictures of when I got my truck.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Post Fiend

SuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to beholdSuperSnake is a splendid one to behold
Here it is after we got it home with the camper removed and cleaned up,some used wagon wheels for 40.00 that I bought.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Post Fiend

the next thing we did was work on the interior. The carpet was free and I also have a sliding rear glass I have yet to install.

Here is the dash before we cleaned and painted it,but it needs to be replaced.
I also painted the plastic main dash ,door panels,and all plastic trim,sun visors with Duplicolor. that was a waste of money. Now I am going to have to repaint everything with SEM so I am going to change the color again.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Post Fiend

Here is the engine we bought and was surprised that it ran when we got it. So I tore it down and you will see the results.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Post Fiend

Here is the engine back in the truck.

A video when it's first fired.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Post Fiend

I removed the grill and headlight doors and painted the rad support.

I seen the headlight doors were mixed matched one had the black paint around the headlight and the other was argent silver. Also the chrome was peeling off real bad so I painted them.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Post Fiend

This is my next project is a Mark VIII E fan and exhaust system.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Post Fiend

After the E fan and Exhaust is done. I plan on swapping the rear brakes from drum to 4 wheel disc brakes and plan to look for all the parts from a late model Explorer including a Tru Trac rear gears for the rear.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Senior User

phydough is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice job, however when I saw your sig pics I was hoping to to see an SVT crate engine go in.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Post Fiend

That will come this is a rolling project for now if you see the engine picture in my sig that is what is going in.That engine is a lot of $$$$$ si I am going to get everything done before order it.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Senior User

phydough is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah, big bucks, but I also am planning on a Ford Racing 5.4 DOHC supercharged crate engine for my '02 Super Duty. $45k for a new truck, $45k for a new GT500 or $18k into a paid for truck. 500 horses here we come!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Post Fiend

That is the engine I want. the wiring harness is another 1,000. I only paid $300.00
Old 09-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Your "open air" garage looks like mine.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 09-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Post Fiend

I went to the u pull it to day and got all this stuff for 1/2 price out of a 86 Bronco.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:07 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Great looking project Cliff! Man ain't it great building rods with your son....I'm lucky that I get to build with my son, and my son-in-law! Problem is they are both into Ford Trucks, and keep trying to talk me out of my "goodies"

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 09-06-2008, 10:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects

Tags
08, f150, forum, snake, super, truck